Moderates vs Values questions

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Lots of questions now that hubby is on board to officially plan a trip to WDW for May
Am going to guess that if we want a break from the crowds and craziness of the parks that a moderate would be better for us? Haven't stayed at any values or moderates. Values certainly look fun for our 7 yr old DS though. Would All Star Movies be less hectic than say POP or AoA? Would we be dealing with large teen tours the first week in May at the values?

Lots of questions now that hubby is on board to officially plan a trip to WDW for May
Am going to guess that if we want a break from the crowds and craziness of the parks that a moderate would be better for us? Haven't stayed at any values or moderates. Values certainly look fun for our 7 yr old DS though. Would All Star Movies be less hectic than say POP or AoA? Would we be dealing with large teen tours the first week in May at the values?

Just my opinion, but if you want a more quiet resort to go back to and relax, either of the Port Orleans hotels would work well. The values are more "disney" themed with all of the decorating, but relaxing is not how I woudl describe them. My kids love French Quarter. It is a small hotel so less walking, ferry to DTD and even when busy there are less crowds there. You will have slightly larger rooms with queen beds at the moderates. The values sure are fun with all the theming, but we prefer the more relaxing feel of the moderates if the cost is not prohibitive.

I did hear from a friend that the new AoA suites are spacious and with a kitchenette and living area make it feel a little more homey and less like a hotel. You woud get the theming and the larger space. Of course the cost is a deterent to some. Good luck with your decision and remember that you will be in Disney World. No matter where you stay it will be magical.pixiedust:pixiedust:

We stayed at Pop Century in May of this year with our 2yr old son. We did not find the resort overly busy or noisey. Food court was busy at times but nothing crazy. When I did the online check in I requested a lakeview room. That was it gave us a nice view and there was no noise at all. Even at the pool in the heat of the day it wasn't that bad. I think it all comes down to personal preference. enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

Thanks. I think we will try to get a good discount on riverside. And if that doesn't work out we will think about the values- good point on lakeside rather than poolside at Pop. I will keep that in mind!

you don't want pool side at Pop - especially in the 60's or 50's - that is preferred view and can be crazy.

lakeside is standard and my favorite at Pop - especially building 3 at 50's tramp.

por - like the mansions

It's possible if you stay at All Star Movies the first week of May that you will find the resort overrun with cheerleaders.
I was going to go that week last year and booked at All Star Music. I found out a few weeks later that there was a big cheerleading competition nearby and the All Stars were one of their hotels so I switched to another resort.

For a moderate, I love POR. I find that resort relaxing. I love the big pool and the quiet pools and all of the landscaping. I also love the food court and the boat ride to DTD.

All Stars and Caribbean Beach are the usual value and moderate host hotels for sporting events (i.e. Pop Warner, Cheerleading, RunDisney, etc). (When Caribbean Beach was being remodeled, they substituted POR as the moderate.) Run Disney events (marathons) usually don't result in much noise - the runner usually go to bed early the night before the race - especially if it is a morning run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter