moderate resort

teacherme

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about going to Disney in November. Which moderate resort would you pick and why? There are four people in our group. (DH, me, DD13, and DS12).

teacherme said:
We are thinking about going to Disney in November. Which moderate resort would you pick and why? There are four people in our group. (DH, me, DD13, and DS12).

You are going to get the same answers everyone gives when someone does not post about what they are looking for.

I will say POR. It is my favorite mod, I spend it here every trip and I am sitting here right now. I can tell you why I stay here, but it might not suit your needs.

You might want to give a bit more info of what you are looking for, or go on each thread of each moderate and ask more specific questions....

We picked POFQ because it's smaller, quiet, and the theme is fun but not crazy. I also loved the food court menu.

Out of the mods, we've only stayed at CBR and we loved everything about it. With that said, POR looks like a great resort. If we were to try another mod, it would be POR.

We love POR. Queen beds are a big selling feature. We love the restaurants, multiple pools, quiet, laid back atmosphere and a big bonus - the boat to DTD! It's a short walk to POFQ, too. We just love how super clean it is, and that all the rooms were upgraded last year.

Thank you all for your responses. We have never stayed on grounds only off grounds. We received a free dining code and was thinking about going to Disney. We have just started thinking about this afternoon. I do like quiet but clean rooms. I would like to get close to a bus stop if possible.

Thank you all for your responses. We have never stayed on grounds only off grounds. We received a free dining code and was thinking about going to Disney. We have just started thinking about this afternoon. I do like quiet but clean rooms. I would like to get close to a bus stop if possible.

POFQ is nice and quiet and no room is too far away from the buses, plus you can take the boat to DTD. POR would be my second choice. :goodvibes

We have stayed at all the mods. My kids are now 16 and 13. I would recommend POR because...
1) lovely landscaping
2) boat ride to DtD
3) Yeehaw Bob Jackson
4) My kids seem to like the main pool a lot
5) My wife loves the theming, particularly the mansions

POR seems quieter to me that POFQ and I prefer the theming at POR as well. Boat to DTD is a huge plus too! Not a fan of CSR because of the convention atmosphere and it seems(whether it is or not) more spread out than POR. Have never stayed at CBR but if your kids are Pirates of the Caribbean fans you may enjoy that, although I think the beds at CBR are still doubles while the rest of the mods have queens. HTH

Another vote for POR. Queen beds are nice. Grounds are pretty. Love the food court and the boat to DTD. There is the main pool and several other quiet pools that are not as busy as the main pool. Since it is a sister resort with POFQ you can also try their pool if you want. There are the mansion rooms (Fancy) and the Alligator Bayou rooms (Rustic). They have movies on the lawn. We have been there enough times it feels like home.

We've been to CBR and CSR.

CBR - very tropical feel, but quite large. If we return here, we will pay extra for a preferred location so that we can stay closer to the pool and food court. Also there are no elevators here, so if stairs are a problem, ask for ground floor.

CSR - also tropical...hammocks, water, etc. We ended up in Casitas building 5. The Pepper Market is near Casitas so we were close to that. The Dig Site (main pool) was not too far of a walk. Preferred here is Casitas 1, 2, and 3. Also there's a new club level which I think is in the Cabanas. CSR is smaller than CBR. There are only 3 villages here (Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas). We did not have any trouble with bus service. However, bus stop #1 is the last stop so buses could be crowded at that stop. We used the bus stop near Casitas building 2 most of the time. My husband said the pool here was warmer than the pool at WL. It is a convention hotel, however, we never really experienced any of that. We saw an occasional person or two walking in a suit. It didn't affect our stay or the rides on the buses.

We enjoyed the restaurants at both places for breakfast. As usual, it's less busy the earlier you get there.

We have stayed at POR, POFQ, and CSR. CSR is the most beautiful but unless you pay for a preferred room, you are going to walk alot! If you want a small resort with only one bus stop, POFQ is great. If you want a larger food court and better pools, POR is great.

teacherme said:

Quiet POFQ away from pool
Clean all of them
Close to Bus stop POFQ or a preferred room in one of the others.

With these requests I would suggest POFQ. The only negative is the pool. The pool and playground is geared for younger children. You could easily walk over to POR and use that pool. If your kids love to swim I would go with 1. POR, 2. CBR, 3. POFQ. If swimming is not a top priority, I woul put POFQ at the top of the list.

CSR or POR. POR is the most recently renovated, but CSR was also recent. Both have queen beds. POR has 2 sinks, CSR 1 sink. CSR might have an edge on "clean rooms" if you like duvet covers instead of traditional motel bedspreads. CSR just seemed a bit more deluxe. CSR has a different layout though. the main pool is not near the food court(although there is a snack bar at the pool). CSR also has a health club with sauna you can use for free. Spa services for a fee. We requested Casitas 4 (got Casitas 5) to be close to the health club and the first bus stop(stop #2 is the first pickup). CSR's bathroom area is a bit more private since it has sliding doors for the vanity area instead of a curtain. Both have great "quiet" pools. CSR has a longer slide and a larger hot tub at the main pool. CSR also had ping pong table and volleyball nets near the pool. POR has the boat to downtown Disney which can be fun. POR probably has a better foodcourt with the make your own pasta. CSR had good food, but they do automatically add a tip on to your bill at the Pepper Market.(btw, you can avoid the tip by getting it as take out and eating it in your room or outside)

Wouldn't stay at CBR until they renovate. They still have just full sized beds. Otherwise, that's nice resort too.

One more thing to add about CSR. I was nervous about the conventions. We didn't even notice them. I think there were 2 going on while we were there. It was probably the best bus service of the mods we stayed at. When you go to the bus at the end of the day at the parks, CSR is one of the first ones you come to. (in other words, less walking when you're tired out) I think they try to do a bit of a better job with the buses there since they are trying to impress on the conventioneers that Disney is a place to come back to for an actual vacation with their family.

For us our favorite mod is POR the mansion section is just beautiful! Bus service has been good both times we stayed, loved the boat to DTD, food court pretty good too..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter