Moderate Resort Experts: Help this Deluxe fan choose a moderate!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by goofy4prez, Nov 14, 2012.

1. jnoble82

jnoble82 Mouseketeer

If you stay at POFQ, I'll be there too for some of your dates! Well unless I change my mind again which could happen :lmao:. I'm so excited! Whatever you chose, I hope its a great trip!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Well, you know what my answer would be! ;)

Seriously, it's the only one we've stayed at because we love it. If we were doing a moderate again and couldn't get CSR, POR-Riverside would be our only other choice (not a fan of POFQ's theme at all).

I think Pop Warner gets moved as far as moderates every year. We will be at CSR in 21 days with the Pop Warner kids.

And, as you and I have talked over the last three years, let me say I am delighted you are going back to Disney, and that things have improved for you and yours. :hug:

4. Butterflygirl35

Butterflygirl35 DIS Veteran

CSR hands down. I usually stay deluxe but recently tried both POR and CSR .

I found POR to be overcrowded and it really felt like a huge step down from
    deluxe, whereas at CSR (other than monorail : boat options to parks) I felt it had a very deluxe feel to it. More relaxed and upscale than other MODs.

I still prefer deluxe but would not hesitate to stay in CSR again

5. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

We usually stay either deluxe or because we're DVC members, in a villa. Because we love CSR so much though, we will often book there on weekends because DVC requires more points on Sat. and Sun.. There is nothing about CSR that we don't like.
    The others are veryr nice too.
    Ranked:
    CSR- great transportation, great food, lovely rooms and grounds, queen beds, fairly close to the parks, fantastic staff

POR- Princess themed rooms, boats to DTD, fairly close to parks

POFQ- Queen beds, small resort, very pretty resort, boats to DTD, fairly close to parks

CBR- least favorite- still has double beds, massive resort
    While CSR is large, it's easy to walk around, which is not the case at CBR. It does have those fabulous pirate themed rooms though.

FT Wilderness cabins- tons of space, quiet and restful, lots for kids to do, boat to MK, Hoop de Doo Revue and Chip and Dale movies with s'mores
    It is more expensive than the other mods.

6. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

Kat, your opinion on CSR is one of the big reasons why I am considering CSR. Our last visit to WDW we did walk around CSR to look at the property knowing how much you and Mark enjoy this resort. It was huge, but I have to admit it looked awesome. Also, I thank you for the kind words and support over the last few years, they have meant a lot. By the way I am with you on POFQ, I'm just not excited about the theme either. ;)

I appreciate all the input from everyone as to which moderate to choose. I love the DIS and all of you are incredible. In the words of a great television character, Vinnie Barbarino, "I'm so confused." I guess I'm going to have to really make a decision here in the next few days. I have a feeling either way I will enjoy either one.

I should note though walking is not a problem as a few enquired. My accident has now been over a year ago and I am having no problems and am completely healed. In fact, it helped me to realize I needed to lose weight, make some better health choices, and to get into shape. I am thrilled to say I have lost 114 pounds the healthy way and at 48 years old I am in the best shape of my life. :thumbsup2