Moderate or Value?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by momtoccc, Jul 31, 2011.

1. momtoccc

momtoccc DIS Veteran

Hello

Thinking of doing mother-daughter trip for Spring Break next year. I've always stayed at Moderate or above but wondering since it is just the 2 of us if I should just try one of the Value resorts.

What would be the biggest difference between staying at POFQ vs Pop Century? (besides the cost)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneyhenry

Disneyhenry DIS Veteran

A frdige is come with the rom at POFQ and not at POP
    The rooms are larger at POFQ then at POP
    Hot tub at POFQ, none at POP
    Pool has a slide at POFQ
    Water craft, bike rental and carriage rides at POFQ not available at POP
    I think POFQ is beautiful looking, POP is fun looking
    What it somes down to is how much time will you spend at the resort? If it is just a place to sleep, I say go with POP. If you want to relax and enjoy the resort a bit then POFQ

Good luck with your choice, both are great! And have fun

4. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

We have been staying at the Poly for the past cople of years and if we had to modify I would go to a Moderate (never a Value). The water slide is a necessity for us right now and a hot tub is a bonus (Dear WDW please put one in at the Poly!).

I prefer the atmosphere of the CSR compared to POFQ (just not interested) and we did not care for the CBR at all!

5. Sappermont

Sappermont DIS Veteran

I'd go for the moderate. If you stay at POFQ or POR you could take the Sassagoula down to DTD!

6. Baltazar

Baltazar DIS Veteran

Well, since it is just the 2 of you, why not just try Pop Century for a change.

7. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

You will also have queen beds, a coffee maker in teh room, and the option to share pools with POR-Riverside since they are sister pools and the boat to Downtown Disney.

I would pick a moderate every time.