Moderate or deluxe?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Antonio, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Antonio

Antonio Mouseketeer

I'm currently staying at POR but I'm thinking of shelling out the extra $800 for a deluxe. Is it worth it? It would be a non monorail resort.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Why? Is there something not to your liking at POR?

4. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

I love the deluxe resorts :) As far as if $800 is worth it, how many days are you staying? If it's $800 extra for a whole week then I would definitely do it! :thumbsup2

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Not sure which deluxe you're considering, but we have stayed at most of them and have had great stays at every single one. We love the deluxe resorts and the extra amenities they provide over the moderates, so for us it would be worth the extra cost. We've stayed at one mod (CBR) and while we loved the resort and had a great stay, once we tried a deluxe, we haven't been able to stay anywhere else since. Good luck deciding.

6. mirage0306

mirage0306 DIS Veteran

Which deluxe are you referring to?

7. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

I think everyone's opinion will e different, I stayed at POR and was so impressed I couldn't imagine why one would pay more for deluxe, however I know that's easy to say because I haven't stayed at a deluxe :) if your unhappy with the moderate then maybe it's "worth" it for your family. What's the reason your considering the move?

8. francie57

francie57 DIS Veteran

Deluxe girl here all the way!! We love the Epcot resorts over the others. For us not having a monorail is no problem. The Epcot resorts offer easy access to two parks by either walking or boat. We love the easy access to all of the restaurants in the area/Epcot. We are returning for our yearly trip in Aug. and then again in Jan for marathon weekend and can't wait. Can't offer an opinion on the moderates at all since we have not stayed at any.

9. Cappy81

Cappy81 Mouseketeer

If it is for a whole week, I say go for it!

10. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

I do not know how anyone can say it is worth it, if you do not know how the OP is going to spend their time:confused3
    Are you going to be spending any time at the resort using any of their extra amenities or will you spend most of your time at the parks? Are you going to be eating meals (more then one) at the resort sit down restuarant? etc.
    $800 can pay for a lot of meals and souvenirs.
    We have been fortunate enough to stay at the 3 levels of resorts and are not in the camp of "If you go deluxe you cannot go elsewhere".

11. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

Yes! :thumbsup2. Hi Mickey nut1 :)

12. gssmks

gssmks Believing in Pixie Dust

It also depends on the makeup of your family. We have stayed at all three levels of resorts. When my daughter was small, we enjoyed the value resorts better because she loved the Disney character decor every where. Once, when we were staying at the Polynesian, she said, "Mom next time I want to stay at one of the Disney hotels." For little ones, the value resorts are great. As she has gotten older, 16 now, we have been staying at the moderate and deluxe. And, if you have an animal lover in the family, you simply must stay at least once at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's our family's favorite deluxe.