• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Model of new ship.............

dan and scott

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know that everyone has talked about a new ship. However this past 7 day cruise (Oct 26) while checking in there was a model of a ship in the window. I asked about it and she said that it is one of 3 they are considering. I know that the CM might not know what she is talking about, however like I said I saw the model and have a picture of it. Now can someone help me post it?

Dan

Why don't you post this on the CRuise boards. :smooth: :smooth:
They have people posting pics and such all the time. I would love to see the picture.

Just skimmed through the latest postings on the cruise boards and there was a similar posting there - not referencing a model but about information regarding negotiations for a 3rd ship.

I suggested he bring his info here! :p

Added to the rumors about a Med trial in summer 2004 the activity surrounding DCL is rather interesting.

Hmm...wonder what the Baron thinks about this twist of activity...or shouldn't I ask? ;)

The Professor

Hi Dan. Is the picture in your computer or on a 35mm print? If it's already scanned or uploaded into your computer you can email me the picture via email as an attachment and I'll post it on this thread. I would love to see what design they're considering.

Regards, Luis

Dan, download it onto your harddrive(you can store it in a folder or "My Pictures"), then attach it to an email and send it along to

LRodK@comcast.net.

Thanks, Luis

Here's the picture of the new ship their considering, courtesy of Dan.

showimagez.asp

Thanks Dan

Ok, does anyone else think this looks like another line's ship? Where is the retro romance? The verandahs? This thing looks like a tanker with portholes!:(

Deb

I agree there isn't much appeal to this ship but the original post did say that the CM said it was one of three they are considering. I have no problem with them evaluating a design like this when contemplating the new ship design. It wouldn't be the one I choose but it certainly provides much to compare and contrast.

Was there a problem with the old design? Why fix something if it's not broken? I've never even seen the boat's so I really don't know.

...on the MAGIC, Capt. Hans told our little "repeat cruisers cocktail party" that the third ship, if built, would be considerably larger, with one more deck. More like a mega-ship.

And the name they were batting around was "Disney Dream," but it was wasn't official.

We just came off of the Wonder on the 31st of Oct. after speaking with several cm's and also Capt. Henry. I did find out that there is going to be a 3rd ship, to be named the Disney Dreams, but there is not an inaugural sailing date yet. They are shooting for late 2004 early 2005. They are not sure what the itinerary will be just yet. I have heard rumors while on board though that it may sail to the medditerrain.

We just got back from a 4 day cruise on Thursday. Our dinner captain said the new ship is going to be bigger and that one of the 2 existing ships may be sent to Europe to offer cruises there. By the way food and service was excellent - it is our second cruise on the Wonder.

hi - just wanted to let you know that on our recent cruise - also at the repeat cruiser reception they were talking a lot about future cruises - and a definate third boat

but what was really weird was that when we went to Epcot after the cruise - in the France pavillion - the cast member there asked if anyone knew where his hometown was in France - not too many people knew - but he said that we should really pay attention - because that's where they are building the third disney cruise ship -

i don't know - there's too many floating rumors about a third ship - especially coming from disney properties

Looks like a kid's bathtub toy.

Judging by the ceramic tile it is sitting on (usually 4" sq.) I'd say it is someone's 18" toy and not a model at all. No detail, no color.

Anyone who has been to the Disney Cruise terminal has to know that this tile surrounds the windows behind the check-in desks.
This model was sitting behind the managers desk on our October 26th-Nov.1st 2002 7-day Magic Sailing.
We were told this was one of the three designs DCL is contemplating for the new ship(s).

Or could this be a decoy to throw us all off??

I do agree the model is not up to Disney standards of design---it even looks worse in person!! It lacks the WOW!! effect that when you see the 2 current vessels--Everyone knows what our ships look like when you pull into port. We witnessed it 1st hand when we were docking beside the Regal Empress at Cozumel. The Regal Empress's crew were doing their saftey drill and got yelled at by their "superiors" because they were watching the Magic dock and not doing what they were supposed to!!

Looks like it would be well suited for Carnival.

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter