Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by princess jackson, Nov 16, 2005.

1. princess jackson

princess jackson DIS Veteran

Feb 25, 2005
    Not sure where to post this.

Virgin Mobile, I have just spoke to a team member from Virgin Mobile, enquiring about buying a new handset.

I am interesting in a new handset, and received conflicting info from a high street store, I already have a contract phone through virgin, but love changing handsets (to DH annoyance, he hates it).

Whilst on the phone i asked about buying a phone from Virgin megastore in Florida, if it would work over here.

She seemed to know the answer, it has to be tri-band, and you need a unlocking code, and they may not be able to give it to you. You could end up waiting a while before you can use it, and basically said it is a big risk to take, plus you would have to buy a charger.
  2. k-herm

k-herm Mouseketeer

Jun 30, 2004
    princess...Are you asking us if we think it's wise to buy from the US Virgin store?

If so, I wouldn't bother. Not because of the technical details but more the fact that the Virgin Megastore [the Downtown Disney one] had a rubbish selection of phones. In fact the US in general has a rubbish selection of phones. You'll not get any mobile bargains there.
  3. Claire L

Claire L <font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f

Apr 13, 2002
    To be honest it will be quite difficult to find a mobile phone in the US that will be tri band and suitale for use here and if you did I am sure it would be quite expensive. As has been said the US are quite a way behind us in mobile phone technology and their selection of phones is generally pretty poor.

Claire ;)