Mnsshp

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Aburns8, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Aburns8

Aburns8 DIS Veteran

I have to agree with the crew that went to the party last week. My DH and I went last Friday. They were soooo stingy on the candy. I remember 6 years ago, when we went for our honeymoon, at the end of the night as you left the park they filled your bag on the way out. This year you got one piece of candy. We went to the party last year as well and we got more than one piece of candy.

I usually wouldn't go two years in a row to one of these, but we were in town after our cruise and it was cheaper than buying a one day ticket. I guess that I will have to wait another 4-5 years to go again since there were not many changes. I wish Disney would just decorate more for the holiday!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jungle Cruiser

Jungle Cruiser DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear that. We first went 4 years ago and they were, as you said so generous with the candy. We adults became like little kids checking out what we got at each candy stop. We have noticed a decrease in candy each subsequent year. In fact we ate skipping the party this year when we go next week. We just decided it was a lot of money for what has become basically the parade. We can see the fireworks and hear the music at the GF where we are staying.

4. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

The MNSSHP discussion made me very sad. I don't think I have ever heard Pete recommend NOT to go to one of the parties. And Kathy gave rated the party a FIVE ... :scared1: The party tickets are sooooooooooo much more expensive now and they only decorate Main Street??? They already have the decorations, how much money are they saving not putting them up? I personally don't care about the candy, but it's disappointing to hear it's been cut back like it has. And even not having things ready at 7pm, then telling Teresa, "well it just started." That is so un-Disney. :sad2:

5. RichmondTiggerFan

RichmondTiggerFan Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip

I listened to the MNSSHP segment of the show this afternoon and all I can say is...I hope someone from Disney is listening & realizes how their attempts at cutting corners is starting to tarnish the reputation of MNSSHP and Disney World in general. The monorail fiasco is bad enough, but to be so stingy with the candy (in light of the $50-$70/pp admission for MNSSHP) & the attitudes of some of the CM's is just sad & so unlike Disney.

C'mon Disney, you can do better!!

6. GoofyforDisney3

GoofyforDisney3 DIS Veteran

I'm going to one of the last few parties this year and I'm really going to be interested to see if anything changes between the first and the last. I have been two other times and we always enjoyed it. Not sure I would have called either of my previous parties light in attendance or walk on rides so I'm not expecting much that way but anything less and I will verbally complain as well as make a written complaint. I'm already disappointed that they took the free face painting away without replacing it with something else while still charging more for the ticket.

7. PeterPan09

PeterPan09 <font color=royalblue>bury my iPod with me, on shu

I went to the party on Tuesday of this week and got more candy than I have gotten in the last 4 years of attending. I came out of there with 3 bags!!!

Maybe someone DID listen, because not only did we get tons of candy but everything was ready to go before 7.

Also, we walked onto most of the hot rides, only Space and HM had a 10 minute wait.

8. njbuck

njbuck Earning My Ears

They mentioned on the podcast that a cast member yelled at them for trying to video tape the Halloween Parade. Has anyone else been stopped from video taping the parade? This seems unreasonable.

9. RichmondTiggerFan

RichmondTiggerFan Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip

I wonder about this too. I looked at the MNSSHP map & it doesn't mention anything about not photographing/videotaping the parade. Typically, Disney will mention something (written or verbal) if you can't video/photograph something. It sounds like this CM either forgot where she was or was on a power trip.

10. Aburns8

Aburns8 DIS Veteran

I was wondering if that cast member was new and just didn't know. I have never heard of that.

11. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Is it possible that perhaps they were trying to video using a tripod??? I think I read somewhere that you aren't allowed to set up a tripod for safety reasons (people tripping over the legs because of the low lighting). I have videos of all the parades I've ever been to, so either the CM was just confused or there was an issue in the way they were trying to video it.

12. Dian-er

Dian-er Mouseketeer

I remember going several times over the course of the same season several different years. I think they start our stingy in the early days & then, in later weeks, they were giving more out each time we went.