• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mnsshp tickets.Print or pick up?

iluvtot

DIS Veteran
Morning all!
4 weeks today we will be at Gatwick waiting for our flight. So excited! :cool1:
Anyway still a bit behind so have a question about the MNSSHP. After a lot of deliberation, we are now planning to go the day after we arrive at Disney, so to the first one! So is it best to print the tickets off, or collect them?
Thanks and have a great day xx:)

Morning all!
4 weeks today we will be at Gatwick waiting for our flight. So excited! :cool1:
Anyway still a bit behind so have a question about the MNSSHP. After a lot of deliberation, we are now planning to go the day after we arrive at Disney, so to the first one! So is it best to print the tickets off, or collect them?
Thanks and have a great day xx:)

I prefer to print them off at home. Saves any queuing at ticket desks when you arrive. One less thing to think about when you get there.

However some people prefer to get the Disney ticket. If you are one for scrapbooks, keeping things then that maybe your better option.

I collected them from the community hall/fire station thingy on Main Street only took a few minutes!

I did Will Call, I was going to pick them up while we were there a couple of weeks ago so we had them ready for Sept but he added them to our Magicbands instead.

Shows how much I know as I didn't even realise that 'print at home' was an option.

Last time we went to MNSSHP the choice was 'pay the extortionate amount for international shipping' or 'will call'. We obviously opted for will call. Some people, those who are into scrapping, might want to keep the tickets as a memento (although they are usually just the standard ticket so no Halloween picture on or anything.

You can, however, link the ticket to MDE so, technically, you can use your MagicBand (if you have one) to enter the park for MNSSHP once the ticket is linked (although, for those with MYW tickets, you might not want to risk it just in case it inadvertently deducts a day from your tickets). So, I suppose really there is no need to collect the actual tickets unless you are staying off site and don't have a MagicBand.

The answer to your question, I think, is it probably doesn't really matter, it's just down to personal preference. You can pick the tickets up in advance of the party so needn't worry about wasting time collecting them on the day, although I see you are planning to go the day after you arrive so might just want to opt for 'print at home' to save having to go to the ticket window/guest services.

ETA: Thinking about it, how would the 'print at home' work now you have to have a RFID ticket to enter the park?

You can, however, link the ticket to MDE so, technically, you can use your MagicBand (if you have one) to enter the park for MNSSHP once the ticket is linked (although, for those with MYW tickets, you might not want to risk it just in case it inadvertently deducts a day from your tickets).

Why do you think it would deduct a day? has this happened before? We have 14 day ultimate so i'm guessing our "day" tickets would not be affected.....

i'm still deciding whether or not to wait till we get there (23rd Oct) to buy so I can check the weather but i'm worrying they may sell out, we have the options of 28th or 30th. :goodvibes

Why do you think it would deduct a day? has this happened before? We have 14 day ultimate so i'm guessing our "day" tickets would not be affected.....

i'm still deciding whether or not to wait till we get there (23rd Oct) to buy so I can check the weather but i'm worrying they may sell out, we have the options of 28th or 30th. :goodvibes

I think the system is too new to take anything for granted. As a MNSSHP ticket has a 7pm time on it even though you can go in from 4pm. How will the Magicbands handle this?
Thankfully we won't have any other valid tickets on our MB's to worry about it.

I think the system is too new to take anything for granted. As a MNSSHP ticket has a 7pm time on it even though you can go in from 4pm. How will the Magicbands handle this?
Thankfully we won't have any other valid tickets on our MB's to worry about it.

That is precisely it.,..nobody knows. At the moment, if you have a MYW and AP, for example, listed on MDE you need to set a priority so the system knows which ticket you are using to enter the park and not deducting a day from a MYW ticket when you have a valid AP. With the MNSSHP tickets being linked to the MagicBand and people being able to enter the park 'unofficially' from 4pm on that ticket, there is a risk that if they enter a couple of minutes early, the system wouldn't recognise that they were using the MNSSHP ticket to enter and might deduct a day. In fact, there is no guarantee that the same might not happen even when entering well after 4 and, as Wayne says, maybe even after 7 (although one would hope that, as MK is officially closed to day guests after 7, then the system would recognise that and automatically use the correct ticket.

I am not saying any of this HAS or WILL happen, however I am just warning those that might be affected (i.e. those with MYW tickets) of the potential risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter