MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

no it's much worse for more money. and celebrating the 50th with little to nothing isn't celebrating. why are we doing reservations in october? this pandemic is basically over but you still have to make a reservation? makes no sense. of course everyone is going to want to be in epcot or magic kingdom i have lived here for almost 40 years and this past year has been the worst. even worse than 9-11 as far as restrictions. I understand the precautions because of the pandemic but the rest of this state is open and we don't havet o deal with silly reservations and people running this company that are more concerned about dollars than guest experiences
This is the one that drives me crazy. Like any other entertainment company, they care about guest experiences as a vehicle to get your dollars. That’s actually the business they are in every single day.

As a shareholder, I don’t want them taking on cost they don’t need.

And, because they have changed things over time doesn’t mean they don’t care about the guest’s experience. If they didn’t want to change, you wouldn’t have Pandora, Toy Story Land or Galaxy’s Edge.

SAME!!!!! I need DATES!!!!

Yes, this!!

It really doesn't matter for my husband and I as we will be there for a week. But our son was one of those unfortunate 2020 college grads that took a long to time to find a job. He has very limited vacation time, so he's trying to shoehorn this into a long 4 day weekend. Based on MSNSHP we are hopeful that a Friday or Sunday would happen. 🤞

Let me throw this out there:

The Boo Bash was announced several days before the whole mask thing was changed. Locally, they've started announcing a lot of mid-summer and fall events as "back-to-normal".

Look at all the changes at WDW just in the last few days. Filling every row on rides, no mask outside, etc. And it's only May.

Could there be a re-consideration on WDWs part and this thing could revert back to MNSSHP?

Or because of the 50th in October, they won't want to close MK any earlier, but maybe add more stuff to the Boo Bash and keep it open beyond midnight? It is kind of a Catch-22. Upset the regular MK attendees by closing early, or upset the Halloween crowd (those with young children) by closing later?

Let me throw this out there:

The Boo Bash was announced several days before the whole mask thing was changed. Locally, they've started announcing a lot of mid-summer and fall events as "back-to-normal".

Look at all the changes at WDW just in the last few days. Filling every row on rides, no mask outside, etc. And it's only May.

Could there be a re-consideration on WDWs part and this thing could revert back to MNSSHP?

Or because of the 50th in October, they won't want to close MK any earlier, but maybe add more stuff to the Boo Bash and keep it open beyond midnight? It is kind of a Catch-22. Upset the regular MK attendees by closing early, or upset the Halloween crowd (those with young children) by closing later?

Honestly, I doubt they will change it. It may have a lot to do with the 50th. If they are indeed running fireworks by then, they will want to be showing whatever the 50th show is as much as possible. They did the same at Disneyland, moving the Halloween Party to CA because of the opening of Star Wars and they didn't want to interfere with that. The event attendees can enter in time to see the regular fireworks, so I think that is the plan.

Honestly, I doubt they will change it. It may have a lot to do with the 50th. If they are indeed running fireworks by then, they will want to be showing whatever the 50th show is as much as possible. They did the same at Disneyland, moving the Halloween Party to CA because of the opening of Star Wars and they didn't want to interfere with that. The event attendees can enter in time to see the regular fireworks, so I think that is the plan.

I agree.

As much as it hurts the feelings of the Halloween fans, WDW is going to give full priority to the 50th celebration this October. Halloween takes a back seat this year.

If there's going to be stage shows, parades, castle projections, and/or fireworks - they're going to be for the 50th celebration. Having two completely different versions of those things within a couple hours of each other just isn't going to happen.

You might get a small fireworks event and one special castle projection, but it won't be on the grand scale that was seen in the past.

I know it's all speculation at this point, but any guesses as to which days of the week this will run?

I'm going to Disney world for Halloween this year with my young kids- 3, 5, and 8. It will be their first time visiting too. So I think we will go regardless because my kids have to be able to trick or treat on Halloween. It is hard that it's so late because little kids are basket cases by then but we will do the best we can. Any idea which hotels will have first dibs at tickets? We are staying DVC so do you think the early purchase option will be open to us?

I'm going to Disney world for Halloween this year with my young kids- 3, 5, and 8. It will be their first time visiting too. So I think we will go regardless because my kids have to be able to trick or treat on Halloween. It is hard that it's so late because little kids are basket cases by then but we will do the best we can. Any idea which hotels will have first dibs at tickets? We are staying DVC so do you think the early purchase option will be open to us?

I feel like all on-site resorts will get the access with some select good neighbor hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter