MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

I think it's just belt tightening. They don't really have to save for post-Boo Bash, Disney's new fiscal year starts Oct. 1 and they get to start with a clean slate. The parks were still hemorrhaging money for the 1st half of FY21 and are going to keep the budgets tight for the 2nd half to balance the scales for the annual report. The bonus schedule is based on the balance sheet, not customer satisfaction. But I do believe we'll see a lot more spending this Fall with the next fiscal year and the 50th kicking off as they'll want to invest to maintain momentum for a strong FY22. But that doesn't mean everyone gets to have it the way they are used to. Some here keep complaining and threatening to vote with their wallet, but they're right here on Disboards talking WDW...if they weren't going back, they wouldn't be here. I do not expect anything more than Disney promised for the Boo Bash or what they are offering right now in the parks but I know we are looking forward to our August trip even if the motto is, "shut up and take my money".

Some of us who have been ‘voting with our wallets’ actually dont plan to visit WDW until things turn around. The problem is by visiting WDW we as fans tacitly tell Disney we approve of how they are running the business. Now of course if you have young kids who are used to ‘visiting Mickey and Friends’ its a lot harder to take that stance and i cant find it in my heart to criticize those who take the kids to WDW. Because thats how we became fans ourselves.

That said look at DL even at %25 opening they cant fill the reservations but DL is much more teen and adult oriented and the market is telling Disney no your current product is not worth $100 and change for a days admission. Yes some are paying but not all and the termination of the AP’s at DL is alienating its customers and driving them to lesser options like USH, Knotts and SeaWorld all of whom are grabbing market and mindshare from DL.

yes if you are an adult I encourage voting by wallet. If you have kids take them to WDW because even in its current state its better than anything else in the Orlando market

Some of us who have been ‘voting with our wallets’ actually dont plan to visit WDW until things turn around. The problem is by visiting WDW we as fans tacitly tell Disney we approve of how they are running the business. Now of course if you have young kids who are used to ‘visiting Mickey and Friends’ its a lot harder to take that stance and i cant find it in my heart to criticize those who take the kids to WDW. Because thats how we became fans ourselves.

That said look at DL even at %25 opening they cant fill the reservations but DL is much more teen and adult oriented and the market is telling Disney no your current product is not worth $100 and change for a days admission. Yes some are paying but not all and the termination of the AP’s at DL is alienating its customers and driving them to lesser options like USH, Knotts and SeaWorld all of whom are grabbing market and mindshare from DL.

yes if you are an adult I encourage voting by wallet. If you have kids take them to WDW because even in its current state its better than anything else in the Orlando market
Disneyland is booked out until July 2nd as of today. They can't fill up DCA, but there's not a ton to do in that park outside of Cars Land. They're also limited to only California residents at the moment. If Disney or Universal in Florida were limited to only Florida residents, you'd see the same thing.

Many of us feel that Disney is still "worth it." I'll keep voting with my wallet by going to Disney World as many others will.

People aren't being turned off by Disneyland and going to Knott's or SeaWorld or Six Flags. I'm very sure once Disneyland announces the new annual pass system they will have no problem getting people to buy.

Oh my gosh. I just don’t get why people don’t understand the difference between an after hours event & a full blown party. The parties have extras, like parades, fireworks & meet & greets. After hours events, which Disney has had for about 5 years now, are ride focused with short wait times the prime draw & limited snacks included. Neither one has ever had cookie decorating or pumpkin carving.

This is clearly advertised as an after hours event, not a party. They are throwing in a theme & candy is replacing popcorn & ice cream. It doesn’t mean they won’t bring back parties in the future. Holiday parties are extremely popular & they can sell way more tickets for them. I have no doubt they’ll be back next year. Disney can make a lot of money offering both parties & after hours events.
I’ve said this exactly... but everyone goes back to MNSSHP... so idk.. everyone will always have an opinion!!

Stuff I'm reading, a lot of which has already been covered.
- Disney After Hours BOO BASH tickets will grant admission to MK as early as 7 p.m. with event hours from 9-12 (with some dates in Aug and Sept 9:30-12:30).
- No need for a day park ticket or park reservation.
- Open to a limited number of guest. Experience offers low wait times.
- Tickets will go on sale next month.
- Early purchase window available to guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Description is After Hours all the way. Of course I'd love a MNSSHP but I'm glad for any Halloween themed event, and have enjoyed regular MK After Hours for the massive ride/time value. 6 hours in the park total. 3 hours of regular park time. Possibly able to watch end of night fireworks (which I'm betting will happen based on the current Disney Careers job listing for pyro/fireworks). 3 hours of party time to hit rides w/low waits and enjoy a bit of late night Halloween ambiance. Nice. EARLY PURCHASE WINDOW AVAILABLE TO GUESTS OF SELECT WDW RESORT HOTELS??? Is that new/different? Were prior hard-ticket events available early to resort hotel guests? Will it matter? I don't recall ever having a problem getting tickets for any party or After Hours event.

It says starting Aug 10 which is a Tuesday.. so I’m assuming it does!! I just hope it is going on during the wknd of the 50th!!!

There could be another event happening later this year that's taking up resources that would normally go to MNSSHP.
dont count on it. this is it. and btw this starts at 9 pm little kids are going to stay how long? even if you come in at 7 pm you can't start trick or treating till 9 and that is bed time for most kids yuonger than middle school age. again no parades, no character meet and greets even if you have encounters that isn't the same. and no castle show and unless fireworks are going on by august, no special fireworks show or no dance parties. that is what mnsshp is about. and the food is going to be for sale not free. unless they charge 50 dollars a ticket it's not worth it and is a big rip off. but for the newbies they wouldn't know . also those that go to the parks annually (and that is a huge number of people) for the parties can tell you that they don't go for the rides oh and one more thing. Universal is having HHN with no changes.

one more thing, if they do this to halloween I hate to see how they decimate christmas

dont count on it. this is it. and btw this starts at 9 pm little kids are going to stay how long? even if you come in at 7 pm you can't start trick or treating till 9 and that is bed time for most kids yuonger than middle school age. again no parades, no character meet and greets even if you have encounters that isn't the same. and no castle show and unless fireworks are going on by august, no special fireworks show or no dance parties. that is what mnsshp is about. and the food is going to be for sale not free. unless they charge 50 dollars a ticket it's not worth it and is a big rip off. but for the newbies they wouldn't know . also those that go to the parks annually (and that is a huge number of people) for the parties can tell you that they don't go for the rides oh and one more thing. Universal is having HHN with no changes.
Universal isn't celebrating their 50th anniversary.

Watching this pandemic come closer to an end, I'm pretty happy with what Disney is giving us for Halloween.

We will most likely be attending. Enjoying the FREE candy. Watching the cavalcades, riding the rides with short lines (my favorite part of attending the regular party) enjoying a Halloween atmosphere at MK at night and just being happy with everyone that we are able to come out and celebrate after a very long year and few months.
The Halloween party can come back next year.

And I'm not a newbie.

no it's much worse for more money. and celebrating the 50th with little to nothing isn't celebrating. why are we doing reservations in october? this pandemic is basically over but you still have to make a reservation? makes no sense. of course everyone is going to want to be in epcot or magic kingdom i have lived here for almost 40 years and this past year has been the worst. even worse than 9-11 as far as restrictions. I understand the precautions because of the pandemic but the rest of this state is open and we don't havet o deal with silly reservations and people running this company that are more concerned about dollars than guest experiences

Watching this pandemic come closer to an end, I'm pretty happy with what Disney is giving us for Halloween.

We will most likely be attending. Enjoying the FREE candy. Watching the cavalcades, riding the rides with short lines (my favorite part of attending the regular party) enjoying a Halloween atmosphere at MK at night and just being happy with everyone that we are able to come out and celebrate after a very long year and few months.
The Halloween party can come back next year.

And I'm not a newbie.
Free candy? It’s the most expensive candy I’ve ever purchased. Unless I’m mistaken they also haven’t said what capacity is, so those lines may not be what you expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter