MNSSHP, have you been? Worth the Money?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by smithmom, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Kit'smommy

Kit'smommy Luck favors the prepared, darling.

We have been to 5 MVMCP, 2 MNSSHP and 1 P&P Party. All have been great! DS who is now 5 has been to 4 of the above and has done great every time, even when he was under 2.

We have only been in really large crowds one time, in all the times we have attended.

We are planning to go in September and DS is really excited.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LaughingGravy

LaughingGravy Earning My Ears

We only have 4 nights/5 days.
    4 parks to see.
    5th day DME departure will be at 3:55, so pretty much 1/2 a day for any make up park we want to go back to.

No park hopping.

We're on Free Dining, so have planned the park we go to around what TS we really wanted to get into and what's available at relatively normal times.
    At least we have those.

For the 4 of us to go to MNSSHP, it'll be $210. :scared1:
    We're Free Dining people here, and that's making the difference between us going and not, so an extra $210? :rotfl2:

First day is DHS based on the strong desire of DW to do 50s Prime Time and the only time we can get the ADR when reasonable for dinner.
    Happy DW = Happy Life

The first night is the only night MNSSHP is on during our stay.

Flight arrives at 9:44am MCO

DHS closes at 7PM, so will spend as much time as possible at DHS until close.
    Add 45 min. for time to get to MK with buses, and we're basically down to 4 hours 15 min, best case.
    Our kids only like chocolate candy (Snickers, Milky Way, Reese's etc, with the exceptions of taffys, and Nerds).

They're usually out like lights by 10:30 latest, would likely stay up, but we need them to be up for 8AM "rope drop" at Epcot the next day.
    Like pulling teeth to get them up in the AM on a good day.

I saw a full and high quality video of the MNSSHP fireworks show.
    It's nice. Really, it is.
    I also saw a full video of the parade in the same quality.
    Again, nice, it really is.

$210/4 hours= $52.50 /hour to:
    -Watch a parade. The kids are not huge villain fans any more than the other characters. They'll be fine with any regular parade, and even then may wish to bypass in favor of the attractions.

-Hope the kids make it that long until midnight. First day starts really early from home with a 5AM departure from home not including wake up time.

-Collect candy of which 70% or more they don't eat.

-Go on rides they'll be on in two days with the possibility of multiple reports of crowds, which we hate; that's one reason why we go in the off season.

-See a fireworks show, of which we'll see Wishes and Illuminations in the next 2 days.

-Deal with what seem to always be reported as mega crowded buses at the end of the night.

That said:
    IF we had another day where we could enter the park at 4PM, getting 8 hours out of it, we might do it, (yes, as cheap as we are!) but I can't see how. Too much to do at DHS.

So, we're taking it a bit easy on the first day, since we'll be departing the house at 5AM for the flight down and allowing some down time at the hotel pool or DD for the first day, plus any leisurely shopping on the way out of DHS.
    Oh, and there will be $210 not OOP.:thumbsup2

I wish it would work for us, but it doesn't.

4. TiggeRx

TiggeRx Mouseketeer

The original question was "Is it worth it?"
    My opinion is no.

Let me explain.

It would cost our family of 5 $242 dollars. This would give us an evening at MK, to which we already have purchased a 7 day hopper pass. From past experience (yes, I've done it twice), for that money, we get a headless horseman led parade, special fireworks, special decorations and lightings, and trick or treating. That's it!
    When we last did this (2006), we had to wait 40 minutes for POC. 40 minutes! In October! We then rode attractions that we could have done earlier in the day, or later in our vacation.
    Now granted, by midnight, it did seem we had the park to ourselves, and could ride Buzz Lightyear without a wait, numerous times. But so to could we during an evening EMH.

I do think, however, if you reside in Florida, or are within driving distance, it may well be worth it.
    Just not convinced to have an additional cost on a park hopper ticket.

Now, if you want to have the pants scared off of ya...
    HallowScreams at Busch Gardens!
    Excellent!