MNSSHP - camera setting question

Since MNSSHP has started back up, let's get this thread going.

Anyone want to post pictures or give shooting advice for us semi-newbies or newbies?

Settings for MNSSHP Parade is going to be the same for Spectromagic and MVMCP Parade.

No flash (washes out the colors, plus most popup/on board flashes are not powerful enough to give enough light that far away).

Use a high ISO with a fast lens pretty much wide open (f/1.4 or f/1.8). You'll need a fast enough shutter speed to stop the action. Popular lenses for these types of shoots are Nikon or Canon's 50mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 (the f/1.8 is very affordable), Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Nikon 35mm f/1.8, Pentax 50mm f/1.4 or anything else for your system in that focal range with that size aperture.

Settings for MNSSHP Parade is going to be the same for Spectromagic and MVMCP Parade.
No flash
Use a high ISO with a fast lens pretty much wide open (f/1.4 or f/1.8)

Ditto:thumbsup2 and no tripod as you'll be moving all over to catch the action. For night parades I use a Sigma 30mm 1.4 and as mentioned a high ISO. I've found my Nikon 50mm 1.8 & 1.2 to be at times too tight for parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter