MNSSHP - Busses back to resort?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by peeputt, Jun 26, 2012.

1. peeputt

peeputt Filled with Wanderlust...

Howdy folks :cool2:
    This will be my hubby and my 1st time going to MNSSHP and only our 2nd time at Disney! Anyway, we are staying at the Dolphin the night we go to MNSSHP, and I was wondering how long the busses run? If we stay the whole time, will we be able to get a bus back to our hotel that late?

Thanks so much for your responses! :flower3:
    P.S.
    Only 85 more days to go!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

Disney will get you back! No worries

4. peeputt

OK...I was laying in bed last night, and unable to sleep so where does my mind go...DISNEY :lmao:
    This popped into my head and I was like...:idea: Oh yeah, do the busses run that late?!?! :confused3

5. lsenquiz

lsenquiz DIS Veteran

The buses will run well after the party finishes. Just expect them to be really really full starting at about 11pm on.

6. peeputt

Thanks everybody for the replies! :thumbsup2

7. Nomad70

Nomad70 Mouseketeer

We are staying at Shades of Green and were wondering about this too since SOG is not "Disney" owned. But, then we got to thinking, it doesn't matter either way because we can take the monorail or bus to the Poly and walk back. lol :thumbsup2

8. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Disney will not strand Guests at a Park. They will always have their buses available.

9. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

They run busses long after the party ends, you might have to wait for one though.When everyone exits at once, lines do build and since Swan/Dolphin share with BW/YC/BC and BCV you might wait.

10. luvmylatte

luvmylatte Mouseketeer

You will not get stranded but don't be surprised if you have to wait and wait and wait. We are doing MnSsHP this year too and doubt busses will not be running, but 2 years ago we had dinner at Boardwalk (Cat Cora's restaurant). We took the boat over from DHS and were told no problems getting back. Well, 90 minutes later the boats had stopped running and we waited 50 minutes for a POP bus to come by. Ugh, that was horrible. It is the only time it has happened to me that I felt stranded. I will always ask from now on what time "special transportation" ends at night.

11. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Last year the buses ran until about an hour after MNSSHP ended (at least on the nights I was there). The MK actually has separate buses for YC/BC and BW/S/D (at least in October), but towards the end of the night they combined them into one stop (YC/BC/S/D/BW). However, as PP have said, don't worry, they won't strand you at MK!

12. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

You will not have this experience at MNSSHP, sounds like you were stranded either at resort (BW) waiting on resort to resort transport (which doesn't really exist) or at DHS well after closing (if the boats were not running). When MNSSHP ends there will be tons of busses lined up to transport party goes back to thier resorts, don't be suprised if you have to wait thru 1-2 bus cycles before you get on but there will be plenty of busses waiting there. They run every few minute after park closing, if you dilly dally around in the park for 2 hour after closing they will be less and less frequent but will still roll around every 20 minutes or so. MNSSHP closing is just like any other regular park closing night.

13. webshark3

webshark3 DIS Veteran

Not only will Disney not strand you at the park, they also won't let you miss early dining reservations. Our last trip, we had a 7AM seating for Chef Mickey. The buses didn't run early enough for us to get there. We told the hotel, and they told us a bus would be there by 6:30AM. Not only was it there, it was a "MK" bus that took us direct to Contemporary's door since it really just started an early run for us. :)