MM rope drop back fired today!

This thread is really making me rethink my plans for this week! I arrive tomorrow afternoon, I'm guessing I'll get into the parks around 4:00 pm. I was planning on Disneyland tomorrow. Then DCA for Wednesday and Disneyland again Thursday using MM. But now I'm not sure. Would it be more advantageous to switch Wednesday and Thursday plans, at least for the first part of the day to avoid MM and EMH crowds - especially now with the addition of SoCal AP crowds? (Do they get access to MM?)

Last edited:
This thread is really making me rethink my plans for this week! I arrive tomorrow afternoon, I'm guessing I'll get into the parks around 4:00 pm. I was planning on Disneyland tomorrow. Then DCA for Wednesday and Disneyland again Thursday using MM. But now I'm not sure. Would it be more advantageous to switch Wednesday and Thursday plans, at least for the first part of the day to avoid MM and EMH crowds - especially now with the addition of SoCal AP crowds? (Do they get access to MM?)

Honestly, given my experience last week, I would personally choose to switch days to avoid EMH and MM crowds. We noticed we actually got MORE done in the first hour on our non MM day than we did that MM day we were at. I kept thinking it would have been nice to not have the waits at DCA behind the EMH guests. I never thought I would say that, as I've always had good luck in the past with MM, but last week, I noticed Rope Drop was more crowded in general than my past experiences. Maybe it was a fluke:) If you do choose to do MM, maybe not do Peter Pan first, that would have helped. the lines actually were shorter in the middle of the day than they were during MM.

Rope drops crowds are dependent on when the park is going to open. Probably the same for the MM or EMH.
If the parks open at 9 or 10 the rope drop crowd will be bigger.

I would still say to that you use MM or EMH if you have access to them, just be there earlier and do the most important attractions to get out of the way before the park opens.

1) Peter Pan
2) Dumbo
3) Alice in Wonderland
4) Matterhorn

3-4 can go in any order, I tend to wait for Matterhorn to open both sides before I get in that line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter