MLinDisney and Kimpup CELEBRATE and GO DELUXE!! 1ST DR! TONS OF PHOTOS! COMPLETE

My DD and I ate the exact same things at Cali Grill - we didn't have an appetizer but we both had the filet, DD had the bananas and caramel dessert and I had the chocolate cake. DD liked the bananas/caramel but I thought the caramelized layer was too thick to eat easily. While we both had an amazing time and the food was great, my DD can't get over her steak at LC and it's still her favorite. We ate at Tangierine as well but we never got to try the baklava!
Yes the steak at LC is soooo good. I wish it wasn't going to 2 credits!:sad1:

Coming in late here. Glad you liked 2 of my fav restaurants LC and CG, The bread at Le Cellier is worth a visit!

Have to go and read all your earlier reviews!
That pretzel bread was the best and we saved one loaf and enjoyed it again for breakfast!!:goodvibes

Awww I love the castle confetti :thumbsup2
Yes it was a nice touchpixiedust:

Today was our KTTK tour. We went to Captain Cooks very early. I think it was 6:30. We poured coffee into our mugs and we went to the kiosk screen and chose this for breakfast:
The Eggs came as a side with the Mickey Waffle. The breakfast croissant sandwich was delicious. I gave :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I didn't taste the waffle or eggs. DD gave her Mickey waffle :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I finally found the receipt for this breakfast, so I am editing this post. The scrambled eggs were a side dish for $2.59, Mickey waffle $4.59 and Breakfast sandwich $5.99, total with tax $14.03, which we paid for OP on the Disney Rewards Card.

NEXT UP: Lunch on KTTK Tour and Dessert!

Loving your dining report! What a wonderful and amazing trip you two had - some excellent restaurants, that for sure. When we go in two weeks we'll also be dining at Citrico's, CG, Narcoossee's and a few others that you have listed so I'm eager to see what else you recommend. Great photos!

I love your Capitan Cooks review! I'm glad you tried different dishes than mine. We are staying at the Poly on our upcoming trip and it's nice to know what other options are available.

Loving your dining report! What a wonderful and amazing trip you two had - some excellent restaurants, that for sure. When we go in two weeks we'll also be dining at Citrico's, CG, Narcoossee's and a few others that you have listed so I'm eager to see what else you recommend. Great photos!
Thank you! Oh I hope to get to finish the reviews of all the restaurants that you will be visiting before you go!

I love your Capitan Cooks review! I'm glad you tried different dishes than mine. We are staying at the Poly on our upcoming trip and it's nice to know what other options are available.
You will definitely enjoy staying at the Poly! I found the receipt for Captain Cook's so I'm going back to edit :)

Just caught up with your DR now and everything sounds lovely! The fillet at Cali Grill looked AMAZING! And the shrimp at Citricos looked absolutely delish! We'll be celebrating our second wedding anniversary on our trip next May and are trying to decide where to eat that night - I think Citricos has been added to the list of possibilities now :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read the rest :goodvibes

Just caught up with your DR now and everything sounds lovely! The fillet at Cali Grill looked AMAZING! And the shrimp at Citricos looked absolutely delish! We'll be celebrating our second wedding anniversary on our trip next May and are trying to decide where to eat that night - I think Citricos has been added to the list of possibilities now :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read the rest :goodvibes

I highly recommend Citricos! Lots of attention there, especially if you're celebrating!

Yes i love to down my drinks!!! That must be the cause! It was yummooo anyway!

::yes::

Kim sounds like my type of party girl :lmao:

:cool1:

When we started our KTTK tour, they gave us a menu to pick our lunch. I chose the Fried Shrimp Basket and DD chose the Anchors Away Sandwich. We each ordered water with the meal. I enjoyed both of the shrimp and the sandwich. I would give both :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD rated them: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 She is not that much into many fried foods since they do not treat her well and the tuna sandwich had too much mayo for her liking but that’s only because she does not like mayo.

Unfortunately I didn't get photos of this meal.

When reading about this tour, we both noticed that there was no dessert given at this meal. We decided to make and ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern to get dessert. We heard so much about the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

After the tour, we headed to LTT. We had a 2:00 ADR and got there a little early. They seated us right away. DD ordered this first:

Tavern Fried Cheese with marinara sauce. She didn't eat much of the Tuna sandwich or shrimp at Columbia Harbor House. These were very good I rated them :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD was a bit disappointed since she used to see photos on Disboards of these tiny cheese balls and wanted those. She rated these :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Next I ordered Lemonade:

IMG_0287_zps61371030.jpg

This was refreshing and the little light up Ariel was very cute! DD had water. But we really came for dessert:

IMG_0290_zps460ba60c.jpg

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!! This was gooey, warm and delicious with the gooey toffee inside and ice cream melted all over it!! This is THE best dessert in Disneyworld and maybe even further! We shared this and I now am in possession of the recipe but have a feeling that it won't taste like this when I make it. I rate this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 +++ and more if my rating system went higher and Disboards would allow that many photos in each post! DD agrees!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 and more if I could!!!!! She wants to have this every time we go!

This was $21.27 with tax but not with tip. We paid for this on the Disney Rewards card.

NEXT UP: Dinner - KONA

We had a nice rest on the balcony and were ready for our 5:00 ADR at Kona. We were seated within 5 minutes. DD ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc and I ordered water.

IMG_0295_zps28d757ee.jpg

The waiter brought out:

Soft bread with macadamia nut butter. This was just delicious! DD said she could have made a meal out of this. For my appetizer I ordered:

IMG_0293_zps6d845431.jpg

Potstickers - Wok-seared Pork and Vegetable Dumplings with a creamy Soy-Ginger Sauce. I liked this and give it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD didn't taste this.
DD ordered:

IMG_0294_zps257ba52f.jpg

Lump Crab Cakes with Jalapeño-Lime Cream. These were just ok. A little dry. I gave them :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD didn't like these and gave them :thumbsup2

For my entrée I had:

IMG_0296_zpse269dcff.jpg

Shrimp and Scallops - panko breaded shrimp and pan-seared scallops with sticky rice and ponzu, spicy guava-passion fruit and wasabi cream sauces. I liked the scallops, but not those vegetables. It was kind of spicey. The shrimp was ok. There was too much batter on it. The shrimp at Columbia Harbor House was a little better. I would rate this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for the scallops. DD rated it: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

DD ordered:

IMG_0297_zps0d322137.jpg

Coconut Almond Chicken - breaded and baked chicken breast served with a salad of Asian greens fresh fruit and almonds. I liked this! The chicken was slightly crispy with a nutty taste. The salad had fruit and nuts and was sweet. Very good. I gave this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD gave it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 She said it was fried but the salad was very good! We both loved that salad.

KONA PART 2 CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...........

For Dessert I ordered:

IMG_0299_zps8c787f77.jpg

'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked the waiter if it were possible for me to get this dessert from 'Ohana. He said of course! This was very very good. Up there with Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. I rated this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD rated it: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
DD ordered:

IMG_0298_zps81b49e5f.jpg

Kilauea Torte - An explosion of warm liquid Chocolate inside Chocolate Cookie Volcano. This was good with the ice cream on it. When broken open it didn’t ooze out as much as some of the other molten cakes we've had, but it was hot and the ice cream melted into it. I enjoyed this too! I rated this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD rated it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 She said she loves molten cake, orders it frequently at restaurants and was disappointed that nothing oozed out. It was just cake with fudge inside. We also ordered coffee with dessert.

Total for this was $81.69 without the wine or tip. This was one credit each on the dining plan. We put the $8 wine on a gift card. At this point we spent so much on drinks, OP food and souvenirs, we ran out of Disney rewards and we were only half way through the trip! :rotfl: We both had a few gift cards that we received for gifts and started using those.
We were here about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

NEXT UP: BREAKFAST - SWEET SPELLS/LECELLIER???? :)

The chicken and salad looks great. I have booked ADR here for our upcoming trip. I have never been here before and a little nervous about going. But that chicken and salad would be something I would order. Too bad about the molten cake, they might have cooked it too long.
Thanks for sharing!

Oh my! You have some wonderful looking dishes for which you have shared your reviews!!! And I love your photos!

What a great way to celebrate your successes and accomplishments with the trip. I certainly look forward to being able to do that with my DD for years to come.

I'm joining in! :thumbsup2

The chicken and salad looks great. I have booked ADR here for our upcoming trip. I have never been here before and a little nervous about going. But that chicken and salad would be something I would order. Too bad about the molten cake, they might have cooked it too long.
Thanks for sharing!
Yes I enjoyed it especially the salad!

Love the update! I've never been to LTT, it looks so good!
We want to go again in January just for the OGT cake!!

This looks sooooo good!! Can't wait to try it in January!!!:flower3:
You will love that dessert! Make sure you save room when you go to 'Ohana!

Oh my! You have some wonderful looking dishes for which you have shared your reviews!!! And I love your photos!

What a great way to celebrate your successes and accomplishments with the trip. I certainly look forward to being able to do that with my DD for years to come.

I'm joining in! :thumbsup2
Thanks for reading! We had a great time celebrating!

can't wait to read more!!
I'm posting a short one now and a few more tomorrow!

We woke up early so that we could get to AK at rope drop. I got ready and while DD was getting ready to go, I went to Captain Cook's with our mugs and got some coffee for each of us. We ate on the balcony and shared this:

IMG_0300_zpse869c889.jpg

Carrot cake cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!! We bought this at HS the night before in Sweet Spells. I thought they only sold them at Writer's Stop, but there it was! It was delicious!! The cream cheese frosting in the middle wasn't too sweet! I rate this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD rates it: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We also shared this:

IMG_0224_zps0c2bd679.jpg

One of those Pretzel breads!! I mentioned in the review of Lecellier that we brought one of these back to the room. We put it in a zip lock and left it in the refrigerator. I put it in the microwave to warm it up. It was delicious! Breakfast of champions!! :rotfl:
After our coffee, pretzel bread, and carrot cake cookie, we went to catch the bus to AK.

NEXT UP: Lunch on the Wild Africa Trek!

That carrot cake cookie is a great way to start your day!!! :thumbsup2 I love the pretzel bread from Le Cellier - what a great idea to pop it in the microwave to heat and eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter