MK to CR When Monorail Down

GovieMom

DIS Veteran
I realize the CR is walkable from the MK ... for most people. But for those not quite able to make that walk, I was wondering what kind of transportation would be provided from the MK to the CR during the hours the monorail will be out of operation next month. Any other options other than boat to WL then to CR? TIA

I realize the CR is walkable from the MK ... for most people. But for those not quite able to make that walk, I was wondering what kind of transportation would be provided from the MK to the CR during the hours the monorail will be out of operation next month. Any other options other than boat to WL then to CR? TIA
The only other possible option would be a bus. But, just so you know, the walk from the gates of MK to the CR bus depot is .42 miles (as measured by google earth using the walkway, not cutting through the parking lot). The walk from the gates of MK to the closest bus stop at MK is .09 miles and to the furthest .19 miles.

As noted already, the walk isn't bad...under 10 mins..takes me about 8 mins! If you walked to the last bus stop, you would be half way to the CR!!! If you took the monorail, the walk is about twice as far as the walk to the monorail platform..and usually the walk to CR is faster than taking the monorail unless you get right on the monorail with no wait!

any dates for when monorail is going to be down?:confused3

The Express & Resort Monorails may be down M-F 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m, starting today (1/21) thru late March (the exact end date hasn't been set.)

Exceptions: the monorails are expected to be running on the following dates: 1/30, 2/17, 2/18.

The only other possible option would be a bus. But, just so you know, the walk from the gates of MK to the CR bus depot is .42 miles (as measured by google earth using the walkway, not cutting through the parking lot). The walk from the gates of MK to the closest bus stop at MK is .09 miles and to the furthest .19 miles.

Its out of load zone #2 its the first stop as Wilderness Lodge is the second stop. I drove the route today, we had buses in there every 5 minutes I cant say thats how it will be all the time its just the second day of the monorail (no rails) being down. If there is a scooter or wheel chair it will take a bit longer but other wise should be a quick trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter