MK The Plaza - Can I get in without a reservation?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Danielle3699, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Danielle3699

Danielle3699 Mouseketeer

We will be at MK for 1 day the week after Easter. We'd like to eat at The Plaza but want to keep our schedule for the day flexible so I haven't made a reservation. Since there aren't characters or anything there, what are the odds a family of 4 can get in for lunch or dinner without a reservation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. greengeen

greengeen Mouseketeer

Not very good IMO! I've seen people turned away, or told that the wait would be over an hour. Even during slower times of year. So I never go without reservations.

4. karen l

karen l DIS Veteran

Completely agree. We've had to wait even with an ADR. It's a small restaurant so an ADR is strongly advised.

5. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

The last time we ate there, we waited about 40 minutes past our ADR time. We saw two families ask if they could get in without a reservation and they were turned away.

6. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

I'd make an adr just in case. You can always cancel if you want.

7. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

Unfortunately, Plaza is a small restaurant making walk-ins there unlikely.

8. dzneelvr

dzneelvr A Disney Dolly<br><font color=deeppink>Doesn't min

The Plaza has definitely gained popularity over the years due to location, service, and food quality:thumbsup2 last trip we were eating there about 7pm and the CM at the screen was telling people there was nothing left for the evening....so ADR is yes. walk-in no:cool1:

9. Danielle3699

Danielle3699 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input, everyone! I went on the Disney web site to go ahead and make a reservation and there were only 2 reservations left at times that were not good. I blew it! Plan B...

10. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Keep checking. People change their plans all of the time. Another opening may pop up, one with a time that works for you.:)

Have you thought about Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch as plan B? Not sure how much luck you will have finding an opening, but it is worth a shot.

11. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

I second the Liberty Tree as Plan B. The burger is delicious, as is the Turkey dinner. And the price is right. :thumbsup2

The MK is the last place I want to be without a lunch reservation. Been there, done that last summer and I swore never again.

12. Danielle3699

Danielle3699 Mouseketeer

Liberty Tree Tavern sounds good too but when I said I blew it, I really blew it! Checked every single restaurant and everything is booked! LOL I'll keep checking back though!!

13. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

How about a meal at any of the resorts in the area? The Kona Cafe at the Poly is very good, we must eat there at least once a trip. Also, the Grand Floridian Cafe is very under-rated. And much more elegant than the name would suggest.

14. Danielle3699

Danielle3699 Mouseketeer

Woo hoo!!!! A reservation time just opened up at The Plaza!!!!! :cool1:

15. Pooh2

Pooh2 Dis Veteran

Enjoy!

16. wdwfan1

wdwfan1 DIS Veteran

Good for you, Lucky Lady. Enjoy!!!