MK Full

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by karebear06, Dec 25, 2012.

1. MelissathePooh

MelissathePooh Disney Regular

Many souhern schools don't go back until Jan 9th. That's when our kids go back. It all really depends on what day the holiday falls on. Mid-week holidays will result in busier weeks since people can take less vacation time. I wouldn't expect the crowds to really drop off until the second week of Jan, but the marathon comes in pretty soon after that so it will pick up some frm that.

As early as the Flower & Garden Festival starts anymore - pretty soon it is going to be peak season year round :rolleyes2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kdog_1981

kdog_1981 Mouseketeer

Us northeastern kids go back to school Jan 2nd.

4. Suellen

Suellen DIS Veteran

The 9th? Why the extra two days Melissa?

We go back the 7th. Kids can't wait! Not.

5. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

I live in central Texas and we will be heading out January 2 through January 7. We have been Christmas week twice before so not really worried about Crowds we know how to tour. :thumbsup2

6. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

I live in central Texas and we will be heading out January 2 through January 7. We have been Christmas week twice before so not really worried about Crowds we know how to tour. :thumbsup2 My kids will go back to school a day late, mostly due to the better flight rates on the 7th. :rolleyes1

7. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Its kind of 50 50. Our high school goes back the 2nd but my two sons who go to Univ of Pittsburgh go back the 7th when they would have normally gone back the 2nd. For them it has to do a lot with the day of the week. The term always ends on a Saturday so if they go back on a Wednesday they miss a Monday and a Tuesday class. When classes are only 1, 2 or 3 days a week it makes a huge difference.

My BIL in law, from Texas, is on his way right now for his first and he thinks only trip. they too are missing Monday and maybe Tuesday, but the bigger issue is that his wife is a K-12 teacher.

8. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Larry the Stockholder says :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2!!!

9. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

South of Atlanta here and or kids are out until the 10th. Three in service days! Go a week and then MLK , poor planning if you ask me bathe didn't get out officially until end of school on the 21st too, so no time before.

10. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

We got out on 12/21 but start again 1/3.

But there are enough other districts out later that it will indeed affect the park traffic.