MK fireworks cruise - how to return to our resort ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We want to do a MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES PREMIUM CRUISE for our 25th anniversary celebratiion - we are only 4 people, but I think it would be a nice way to celebrate at WDW.

How do we get back to our resort if we do Wishes - MK fireworks ?

We will not be at a MK resort. Either CBR or Dolphin, both EPCOT.

:confused3 If we leave out of the CR marina - then do we have to taxi back to our resort after the cruise ?

:confused3 If we walk from the CR to MK to get the bus back - won't the buses be packes with the MK fireworks just ending ?

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES PREMIUM CRUISE
25' Tracker Pontoon
-$319.50, tax included for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and AUDIO FEED
-Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise

The cruise is great. I would strongly reccomend taking a cab back to your resort. It is very easy and worth the $15 if that. After you do the cruise it will be worth it not to have the hassle of dealing with all the people on the buses. The cruise is very private, and relaxed the cab will help you keep that kind of evening going as you make your way home.

B.

I am thinking about doing this cruise in May with my hubby, dad and 3 kids. I was wondering where it left from. I guess the answer is CR, which means this would be a good night to do CM for diner. Thanks for the info.

We did this cruise this past summer for my aunt and uncle's 25th anniversary, and it was awesome! :banana: You will absolutely love it, I promise!

After the fireworks were over, our captain (who was BRILLIANT btw) took us around the lagoon for about another fifteen to twenty minutes IIRC. So you won't be getting off the cruise immediately after the fireworks, but a taxi is probably a better idea than riding the bus back to your room.

I'll try to post some pictures of the boat and the decorations so you'll have an idea of what you'll get. :goodvibes

Okay, here's some pics of our pontoon boat:

CIMG0629-1.jpg

CIMG0628-1.jpg

CIMG0643-1.jpg

We paid for the Wishes Celebration Cruise to get the extra decorations, and it was well worth the extra twenty or so dollars. We got to keep the balloons, and our captain let us take all the leftover snacks too, which was nice because we had eaten at Ohanas beforehand and were too stuffed to eat much. :rolleyes1

Have fun on your trip! :wizard:

I have booked a Celebration cruise for my DS's 11th bday on 12/3. I was given the choice of leaving from GF, Poly, CR or WL marina. Since we are eating at Whispering Canyon at WL that night, we choose WL. Your pick up time is dependent upon the time that Wishes is that night. Our night, Wishes is at 8pm so we have to check in at the dock at 7pm, the boat leaves at 7:30pm, the fireworks are at 8pm then we will get back to WL about 15 minutes after Wishes is completed. You must return to the same marina that you left from (or so we were told). We will get the banner and balloons plus music from Wishes in our boat. One note, the hotel which your boat leaves from is the dining that you can order extra items (such as cakes, coffee, etc) from. The WL in room dining does not offer the chocolate covered strawberries which is DS's favorite but I am ordering Cake, coffee, hot chocolate, tea etc in addition to the snacks, water and soda that come with the boat. We are planning to take a taxi back to POP from WL.

Good Luck and hope it helps.

Enchanted - thank you for the pictures, they are wonderful.
I think we will do the cruise from CR - where we have stayed before.
Thank you for the taxi advice - I know CR has taxi's out front or we can ask a CR CM to 'call' a taxi for us.

You DIS'ers are the best!
Have magical dreams forever pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter