Mixed Feelings.

figment74

DIS Dad #211
I just watched the Blackish season premier and while I think it's amazing how they were able to Jump from a ride in Epcot to a ride in MK making it appear that all these attractions are all just steps away from each other, we know better!

I'm leaving for WDW on 9/29 and this will be the first time since my Ex and I split that I will be in the Parks without her, or DD. This is bitter sweet. I was really getting excited about the trip, and then they cut to the scene of the parade, and Tinker Bell, followed Wishes.

Now I'm a bit melancholy about the trip. I am hoping that this feeling will pass. Truth is I have some guilt about traveling to the Parks without my DD. She and I used to bounce around the parks from the Time she was 1 till 7, she hasn't been back in 2 years and really wants to go. Also I fear that I'll be very emotional once I get there. I've never been in the parks alone for a week, so this will be a new experience all around.

This time next week I'll be at DHS! So I know that I'll have some fun at least.

kungaloosh!

I felt odd the first time I went alone... until I was there. I was worried that I'd be sad going back the first time after my mother died, because Disney was her favorite place too, and I had never been without her. I didn't need to worry. Once I was there, it was all good. Look at it as some well deserved 'me' time. You aren't taking anything away from your DD, you're giving a gift to yourself.

Thanks, I'm trying to get into the mood. In years past I would start to digest as much disney stuff as I could leading up to the final day before the trip. This time around I don't have a single ADR. (I know right?!?!)

I have a rough outline, but not exactly sure what I'm going to do when I get there. I know that I want to go to MNSSHP, and the Food and Wine Festival. Apart from that. I'm not sure.

It's going to be a very different trip this go around.

Also I fear that I'll be very emotional once I get there.

I know how you feel. My situation was a little different since it involved someone passing away rather than a divorce, but still. You may have a few moments. The first trip after my dad died (and my mom didn't join me) when they weren't there with me was tough. Disney can be really healing though. I think it's good for you to go by yourself this time and just take it all in. Try to do some things you always did before, and let yourself be sad for a moment. That's ok and healthy! Then, promise yourself you're going to make a new memory with that show/ride/restaurant today- and do it! :tongue:

When I went for the first time after my dad, Tower of Terror was really tough for me emotionally. We always rode it together, and he was the one who convinced me to go on it when I was four. So when I got to DHS I committed to riding it first. I walked up to it and stood in front of it for a second, and I let myself feel sad for what I had lost, then I said "And today- I make a new memory!" And I did!

Have a wonderful trip! Let us know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter