Missy and Brandon's PJ 12/04/09 Fulton's- Wedding Day Report with PHOTOS!

Discussion in 'Planning our Happily Ever After' started by missy0107, May 11, 2009.

1. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

HI everyone! I'm starting a PJ hoping it will help me to collect my thoughts on planning my wedding in 7 months! We decided to get married at Disney when my DF's family gathers for a pre-holiday getaway.

I'm not doing a Planning Session, I'm planning entirely by phone and email! I want a slight Christmas theme and I'm leaning on Red, Ivory and Gold (just for accent) as my color scheme.

Having said that I am having trouble deciding on a location to host my brunch reception! The choice that most seem to go with is the Attic but I'm afraid it will completely clash with my color scheme. Should I not worry about that?

I should also mention that I haven't booked yet! That will happen any day, keep your fingers crossed that SBP is still available on that day and time!

Updated list, I changed my mind several times, ultimately choosing to NOT have a DFTW:

Ceremony Time: 4:30pm
    Coordinator: Me!
    Floral: Blossoms Orlando
    Photographer: Randy Chapman
    Hair and Makeup: Beaute Speciale
    Violinist: Jennie Rudberg
    Caricature Artist: Glenn Ferguson
    Reception Time: 5:00pm
    Transportation: Limo Orlando
    Cake: Annette's Cakes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pinkcow

pinkcow DIS Veteran

Congrats! Personally, I love the attic, and think you could make just about any color scheme work in there. Let us know what you decide!

4. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Congrats! The Attic looks wonderful in the pictures I've seen--I think it'd be a great place for brunch. Can't wait to hear more about your plans.:goodvibes

5. MainStMandy

MainStMandy DIS Veteran

Oh congratulations!!! I love the attic!

6. ghoulish delight

ghoulish delight Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Congrats!! And can't wait to hear about all your plans! :thumbsup2

7. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

thanks ladies!

I keep changing my mind on the brunch location. I'm not sure I want to have to meet a $2500 minimum for the Attic. I'm now leaning towards a small room at the Boardwalk instead since I hear they have a $685 min. Has anyone ever seen this done for a small party of around 25? I was also looking at Narcoosee's....any other ideas??

8. polynesianbride

polynesianbride DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say welcome :goodvibes and how exciting that you are only 7 months out:banana:! I think your colors sound lovely... unfortunately I know nothing about the attic or really any of the other reception locations since I am an Escape bride:confused3 How many guests are you having? That may help narrow things down. Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

9. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

I'm an escape bride too! I just want to provide my guests with a relatively nice, private meal after our ceremony.

Looks like the St. James room is the key, only $675 minimum and no rental fee1 :banana::cool1:

10. MainStMandy

MainStMandy DIS Veteran

What about Citricos? F&B minimum is only $650

11. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

That's on my list but I like the idea of a private room, my party will be 25 so Citrico's private room is out!

12. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if I can start using my annual pass the day before my Ceremony??

13. DisneyBrideToni

DisneyBrideToni <font color=deeppink>Proud BLT DVC Owner<br><font

Yep. You can start using it any time you want. :thumbsup2

14. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

My date and time is available! So it's official, this December 4th at 10am I am getting married at SeaBreeze Point!

I booked great airfare this morning. DF's parents live in Cape Coral so we will fly there soon after Thanksgiving and spend a couple of days. We leave Orlando on 12/7.

A couple of more decisions have been made. I think I want to give out Christmas ornaments as favors so I'm scouting eBay for good deals. And I think we are shying away from having attendants at all but may still have a flower girl.

Next up is finding rooms and going dress shopping.

15. malibustacey

malibustacey Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pr

Dress shopping!! Woo!!

16. Ann117

Ann117 DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! Can't wait to here more everything sounds great so far. DO you know what the Food and Beverage minimum is at Narcoosee's

17. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

18. polynesianbride

polynesianbride DIS Veteran

:banana::banana::banana:YAY for getting your date and time:banana::banana::banana:

19. ghoulish delight

ghoulish delight Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

:woohoo: Hooray for getting your date!! Looking forward to hearing about the dress shopping!

20. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

Booked the hotel! Old Key West from 12/1-12/7...waitlisted the last night! Also booked for my mom and brother,.

I decided to book Randy Chapman for photography, I want at least 4 hours worth of coverage and the DVD and it works out to be about the same out-of-pocket. It would be nice of Disney to offer substitutions on things like that.

I got an invitation sample but the paper is too small for my printer. I will either have to pick a larger invitation or have it printed for me.

I'm also thinking now, since we aren't going to have attendants, just too flower girls that I might just do every thing in white. White dresses, white flowers, white accessories, etc.

21. missy0107

missy0107 Mouseketeer

I also started an "OMG I can't afford everything I want, I can't believe how fast this all adds up!" freak-out. Does everyone have one of these and how did you cope with it?!? And did you end up cutting anything? Right now I don't know how I'm going to have a MK photo shoot and I was really looking forward to that.