Mission Impossible: Will he even like Disney this time? Our June 2012 TR

Ooh I hope the fastpasses work out for you!
I love One Man's Dream, I always do it every trip. I feel like I'm honoring the man who started it all!

I hope they do too!! ;)

One Man's Dream is a nice tribute! We all enjoyed the movie.

:rotfl2: I know sometimes they just don't catch on to what wonderful parents we are giving them the world! :goodvibes
Hopefully you will be able to get back there before your older son is too old.
We are big readers of Walt's life also. Yet, somehow the movie, moved us. Things we had forgotten.
Looking forward to the next update.

Yes they don't realize how lucky they are!! This "sleepy" child is the same child who asks to go back DAILY!!!

I do hope we get to go back. :goodvibes

Yes the movie is moving and to think that he almost lost everything he owned to do what he loved was even more moving. I feel sorry for him though because he died before WDW and DL became what they are today. He never saw the magnitude of what he had created.

Oh I hope that u get to do Jedi academy and tsm...

Your guys r a good age for it.....

Tom Sawyers island lots of fun... Having a daughter first and then a son I do think Disney gives the girls and the whole princess the lion's share of attention sometimes... I'd love to see a boys equivalent to a princess breakfast ie toy story or something pirates for example

Your photos continue to be great

Thank you for the compliment about the photos!

I hope we get to do both as well. My guys LOVE Jedi training and we think the guys doing the training are hilarious!

YES YES YES!! I would love to see a BOY meal. Let them eat with pirates or Cars characters or Toy Story!!! That would be awesome!

Thank you ladies all for following along!

So after riding Great Movie Ride, we ran over to Jedi Training. The wait was inside in the AC!!!!! I could kiss whoever decided to move the wait line!! This is so much nicer than last year when you waited outside Star Tours in the heat!

Here are some pics I took from Jedi Training -

DSCN7905.jpg
Star Wars Trivia while waiting

DSCN7908.jpg
DS6 waiting to go on stage

DSCN7910.jpg
DS10 waiting to go on stage

DSCN7911.jpg
Our fearless trainers for the day

DSCN7919.jpg
Listening to instructions

DSCN7920.jpg
Patiently waiting for our light sabers

DSCN7929.jpg
Not sure why he is stabbing himself in the hand.... :laughing:

DSCN7935.jpg
Practicing our moves

DSCN7941.jpg
Oh no Darth Vader!!!

Here's where my pics stop and my videos begin. SO instead of boring everyone with videos, I will use our Photopass pictures instead. These were NOT taken by me!

36107970172.jpg

36107970175.jpg

36107970176.jpg

36107970178.jpg

36107970179.jpg

DS6 did a MUCH better job this year than last year with fighting Darth Vader. In some ways, it wasn't as funny this year because he didn't give the trainer much to joke about. He really did great!

36107970188.jpg

36107970189.jpg

36107970191.jpg

36107970192.jpg

36107970193.jpg

DS10 did a good job as usual. The older ones always seem to catch on quickly.

Both of my boys LOVE Jedi Training. Here's to hoping DH loves the trip enough to let us go back before DS10 gets too old to do Jedi Training.

Up next - Rushing across the park to get to TSM....will they let us in? What will we do? Stay tuned..... popcorn::

Oh, the Jedi training looks so cute. I hope I c an get DD in it.

Too funny that sleepy head can't wait to go back. so, you have 1 down, perhaps 2 to go??

Looking forward to find out if you made TSM.

I know the weather was hot when you were there. We are looking at temps of low-mid 70's next wk when we are there. Which sound great, but we like to take dips in the pool in the afternoon. We'll see, maybe if the temps here are really cold when we leave we'll feel like mid 70's are mid 90's. :goodvibes

Have a great week!

Oh, the Jedi training looks so cute. I hope I c an get DD in it.

Too funny that sleepy head can't wait to go back. so, you have 1 down, perhaps 2 to go??

Looking forward to find out if you made TSM.

I know the weather was hot when you were there. We are looking at temps of low-mid 70's next wk when we are there. Which sound great, but we like to take dips in the pool in the afternoon. We'll see, maybe if the temps here are really cold when we leave we'll feel like mid 70's are mid 90's. :goodvibes

Have a great week!

Oh yes Jedi Training is fun!!! Do try to get DD into it!

Both of my boys beg everyday to go back. It's the topic of conversations often at our house!

I'll have to update later tonight or tomorrow with the rest of our HS day! I'm off tomorrow for the elections so you may get a few updates!!!

I do hope you guys get to swim!!!

Can't wait to hear about it all when you get back!!!!

So when I last left off we were at Jedi Training worried about our TSM fastpasses that were expiring as the kids performed. I had forgotten to mention that while we were waiting for the show to start DH ran over to get Star Tours FP since we have never done that before (it was being refurbished on our last trip).

We left right after Jedi Training and ran (speed-walked because I know that there is no running in the parks; please don't flame us :firefight). The guy looked at our FPs and just as we was about to say something which I assume was "You are too late", I told the FP guy our dilemma and how we had come earlier to see if something could be done. He immediately says, "Oh, you guys are the party of 6 that I'm just to allow through." YES!!! YES!!! That's us! He took our FPs and waved us on through.

Just to tell you how fast we walked, my last photo with kids walking off the stage at JT is 12 minutes before my first picture inside TSM queue. That time would have to also include talking to the guy and thanking him profusely for letting us in.

DSCN7959.jpg

DSCN7960.jpg

I love how the "film" in this disc is real pictures of the movie.

DSCN7961.jpg

Cute used crayon....I was so happy to be able to ride that I took pics of everything!! But I'll spare you all that.

DSCN7962.jpg

DS6's glasses pic.....I took one of DS10 as well but he has a WEIRD face in it so I'll spare him.

Of course, one DS rode with Nannia and one rode with Poppa so I rode with DH who beat me.....
DSCN7964.jpg

ugh....almost!! I was more accurate though! Does that count for something?

Upon leaving TSM, we decide that it's time for lunch. We had lunch at Pizza Planet and although the kids and I loved it, everyone else said it was too loud!! Cross that off our "never done" list. Food was decent if you like pizza and meatball subs. I ordered the meatball sub and thought it was good. Sorry no pics.

After lunch, we are going to scratch one more thing off of our "Never Done" list and see Lights, Motors, Action. First DH wants to run over to RNRC for a FP. Wait.....what's that?? DH wants to be a FP runner. Yes Yes I'll take that!! Small steps of progress!!!

So he ran to RNRC and we walked over to LMA to wait for him.....and wait.....and wait.....and wait.....and wait.....to the point where I was worried that we would miss the show. I still don't know what happened that time but it took him FOREVER. He says there was lots of people. I think he got lost but since he was running for FPs I wasn't saying anything!!!

We got into the show in enough time and although we were pretty high up you could still see just fine.

DSCN7965.jpg

DSCN7966.jpg

DSCN7968.jpg

I zoomed in on these from our seats.

DSCN7969.jpg

DSCN7976.jpg

DSCN7992.jpg

DSCN7993.jpg

DSCN8001.jpg

I really enjoyed the show but I don't think it's something that we have to see each time we go. It was just fine and the kids may want to see it but I'm o.k. either way.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST......

So after the show we realize that our FPs for Star Tours are going to be soon expiring.....see a pattern here??? The crowds at LMA are enormous and it is taking us FOREVER to get out. My DFIL takes us out a different way and it goes much quicker than our original way. They all rush off to Star Tours while DS6 and I go to Playhouse Disney.

DSCN8004.jpg

Loved this guy....he was SOOOO into it.

DSCN8006.jpg

DSCN8009.jpg

I know that they are only puppets but I wish you could see more than just their heads at times.

DSCN8013.jpg

And the part of the show he's been waiting for.......JAKE!!!!!!

DSCN8014.jpg

DSCN8017.jpg

DSCN8020.jpg

DSCN8024.jpg

DSCN8025.jpg

I know it's dark and blurry in places but this face says it all. He loved it!!

After the show everyone is waiting for us at Backlot Studios Tour to do another "Never done before". On our first trip when it was just me and the boys while DH was sick, I got in line for this ride and thought we would do it but DS6 who was DS5 at the time needed the bathroom so we left.

I must say that I enjoyed this one more than LMA but that may be because this one goes through different places instead of you sitting in one spot the whole time.

DSCN8033.jpg

It was so hot at this point that I wanted to be these guys.

DSCN8034.jpg

DSCN8043.jpg

DSCN8044.jpg

DSCN8051.jpg

DSCN8053.jpg

There were people who were working on costumes while we passed through that tunnel in the ride. I don't remember what the CM said it was for but it was neat to see them working in there. I would definitely ride this again!

Up next - characters! Characters! CHARACTERS!!!! How many can we meet this afternoon?? Will we catch Fantasmic or will the rain get us again?

YAY! You got JT & TSM!! I love BackLot tour. I liked it better years ago before LMA, when they had houses on the lot that were used on real TV shows. But, then again, I can't do LMA.

Glad your son liked Disney Jr. show. My daughter loved the dance party. They do a great job!! How did everyone else like Star Tours? DD loves it. They are excited to see it since it has been updated.

Your DH ...1st wearing pins, now running for fp's . Hopefully, that is a good sign. :) Looking forward to reading more.

YAY! You got JT & TSM!! I love BackLot tour. I liked it better years ago before LMA, when they had houses on the lot that were used on real TV shows. But, then again, I can't do LMA.

Glad your son liked Disney Jr. show. My daughter loved the dance party. They do a great job!! How did everyone else like Star Tours? DD loves it. They are excited to see it since it has been updated.

Your DH ...1st wearing pins, now running for fp's . Hopefully, that is a good sign. :) Looking forward to reading more.

Yes we were lucky enough to get both! I did enjoy Backlot Tour. There was so much to see. Why can't you do LMA? I don't particularly care for it but I know the boys enjoyed it.

We really need to do a dance party next time we are there! Everyone else really enjoyed Star Tours. DS10 loves it and hopes to be the spy one day.

Here's hoping that DH likes it enough to go back!

So glad you got to do both Jedi Training and TSM...:cool1:

Your photos from Jedi Training are fabulous... I know the ones I have with my DS are some of my favorite...:thumbsup2

Hmmm... Our upcoming trip is short and I'm not sure that we can do both the stunt show and the Backlot tour... I'm thinking the Backlot tour sounds more to my liking... just not sure about my guys...:confused3

So I'm wondering how Mission Impossible is working out...:cool2:

So glad you got to do both Jedi Training and TSM...:cool1:

Your photos from Jedi Training are fabulous... I know the ones I have with my DS are some of my favorite...:thumbsup2

Hmmm... Our upcoming trip is short and I'm not sure that we can do both the stunt show and the Backlot tour... I'm thinking the Backlot tour sounds more to my liking... just not sure about my guys...:confused3

So I'm wondering how Mission Impossible is working out...:cool2:

Thank you! I would surely see Indiana Jones for the guys in your family. Out of these two, it's hard to say! Although I rathered Backlot Studios tour, my boys rathered LMA. Both take a while.

Oh we are all about to find out how Mission Impossible is going in the next post! Stay tuned! popcorn::

After looking through the Backlot Studios Tour dropoff, we decided to go draw a character at the Animation class. This was something that I was REALLY looking forward to as it was another thing we had never done before. However, as soon as we walked out of the building we spotted.......MIKE!!!! MIKE WAZOWSKI!!!! MIKE!!!!

Cute sign on the wall as we waited....
DSCN8057.jpg

Please do not eat the soap.

Our family has a thing for Mike and Sully.....mostly for Mike. We went nutso. Luckily there was no real line for him so pretty soon we were .......

36107970207.jpg

Because I like Mike as much as the kids (ok, maybe more than the kids, I don't have any cute pics other than this Photopass pic).

After seeing our best bud Mike, we headed off to the drawing class. Poppa and DH kept walking to go ride RNRC and TOT again while Nannia, the boys and I got in line for the class.

No sooner had we gotten into line when Frozone and Mr. Incredible came out. :rolleyes1 Oh man, I may never get to draw!

DSCN8060.jpg

DSCN8064.jpg

PHOTOPASS PICS -

36107970214.jpg

36107970219.jpg

36107970220.jpg

36107970222.jpg

While we were waiting for Frozone and Mr. Incredible the group at the drawing class went in. After we finished we went back to the line to try again. While waiting DH texted me that he was finished with the two rides and that they wanted to meet up. I told them to come meet us as we had not drawn yet and explained what happened. Within a few minutes they were in line with us but DS6 needed the bathroom. Poppa took him to the restroom and found a bench to sit on to wait for the rest of us.

The doors were opening.....we were going in! I was so excited! lol.....until they stopped us to say that they were full. Full??? (We had gotten out of line to join the boys once they came back so that no one would say that we had cut in line or allowed them to cut in line.) The guy makes one more pass through and offered to sit us in the back on the little couches. He apologized that there were no lamps there. I was thankful that it was a cushion with a back. Nannia and DS10 were on one couch. DH and I were on the other one.

DSCN8069.jpg

View from my seat

We drew Piglet. Our CM was very nice and stressed that all of our Piglets would look wonderful but......:rotfl2: :rotfl: we had some of the worst Piglets in the room!!!

Mine -

DSCN9531.jpg

DH -

DSCN9532.jpg

DS10 -

DSCN9533.jpg

Happy that I had a chance to draw we left the Animation class to find Poppa and DS6. Coming out we found.............a storm. My phone started buzzing like crazy with weather alerts. Severe thunderstorm warning for the WDW area.....tornado watch for the WDW area........torrential downpours in excess of 1 - 2" per hour..... :sad2: Not a good day. However we were already inside so we just decided to wait it out while meeting characters!!

Here are some pictures from our adventures!

DSCN8076.jpg

Captain Hook and Smee

DSCN8083.jpg

I wish these guys would have had a Photopass person with them because my pictures are awfully dark.

As Captain Hook and Smee left, Pinnochio and Jeppeto walked up so we hopped back in the VERY short line.

DSCN8085.jpg

DSCN8090.jpg

Again no Photopass people and my terrible photos but it's memories all the same.....

Continued in the next post....

PHOTOPASS PICS -

36107970227.jpg

Love this Mickey!!

36107970231.jpg

36107970235.jpg

DS6 looking up at Mickey

36107970244.jpg

Handy Manny in front of the windows....they brought all of the characters inside from the Disney Jr. meet and greet because the weather was REALLY bad. You can see in the windows just how dark it is outside at 4:00 p.m.

36107970249.jpg

36107970254.jpg

My boys were so excited to meet Jake!!

36107970262.jpg

DS6 was in awe of him and unfortunately it doesn't seem like we got a smile on this one. BUT this is still his favorite Disney character right now. DS6 is a pirate at heart.

After playing around for a while, DH and I decide to head back to the resort to eat dinner. We loved the dinners that were available at POFQ. It tasted like home cooking. We also decided to spend our evening riding the monorail for DS6 since we had not been able to ride it yet and it's one of his favorite things.

When we left the Animation Courtyard it was still raining but was beginning to stop. By the time we got all the way to the front, it looked like this.....

DSCN8093.jpg

So much for the storms.....but we were happy with our decision. I knew we all needed an early night and we could always catch Fantasmic on our next HS day hopefully. Honestly, Fantasmic is not our favorite show so it didn't bother me if we caught it or not but I knew that Nannia and Poppa liked it.

DSCN8095.jpg

Dinner at POFQ - I had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and corn. DH had the beef stew with spanish rice and corn.

DSCN8098.jpg

On our way out to catch the buses....we decided that we would go with either Epcot or MK, whichever bus came first.

We suddenly had a....

DSCN8101.jpg

happy boy! He was so excited to go ride the monorails.

First bus was......EPCOT! And we were off!

Once there we hopped on the monorail platform to wait.

DSCN8102.jpg

DSCN8104.jpg

It didn't take long before our monorail was there and we rode it over to the TTC. As we hopped off, we noticed that the MK monorail was not running which had created long lines for the ferry but it didn't matter for us because we were riding the resorts rail.

DSCN8108.jpg

We hopped off at the Contemporary in search of what else but more food!!! I had heard here on the DIS that the Contemporary has some amazing cupcakes so we decided to find out.

BAD photo coming up.....
DSCN8110.jpg

I either get really dark ones or blinding white ones on this day. Bad photo skills!

DSCN8111.jpg

I had a red velvet cupcake that was SOOOOOOOOOO rich.

DS6 had a brownie, DS10 had dirt with worms and DH had a peanut butter chocolate cupcake.

While sitting there in the Contemporary, DH looks over at me and says, "I think I want to stay here one day." :eek: :rolleyes1

After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I answered with "But I thought you didn't like Disney."

His response - "Well I would like to see other things but I know that for right now it's probably the best place to go for the boys. They wouldn't like the other places I want to go just yet." (He wants to go to DC or skiing in Colorado, etc.)

:cloud9: Be still my heart!!!! :dance3:

After that bombshell of a statement we boarded our monorail and headed out.

At the TTC we were able to see
DSCN8115.jpg

Once we were back at our resort, we met up with Nannia and Poppa who had enjoyed the lower crowds at HS and went to see One Man's Dream. Then they had come back to the resort and rested.

We all went swimming til around 10 and then went to bed.

Next up - Animal Kingdom!

Oh My Gosh!! That picture of your youngest smiling when he got to ride the monorail is priceless. Both of your boys are so very handsome.
Cupckes look yummy.
I love that you got to meet so many characters while visiting the drawing animation area. We really enjoy it there. I must say though. Papa Gheppetto? I think perhaps he was under the weather this day? Or is it just the photo. He looks a little....ah.... odd.

Love the picture of your older son high fiving Frozone! too cute.

So, pins, running for fp's and he wants to stay at the Contemp. NOW WE'RE TALKING! :rotfl2:

Thanks for hte update. I only have 2 more wakeups, then the 3rd will be in WDW!!!

Oh My Gosh!! That picture of your youngest smiling when he got to ride the monorail is priceless. Both of your boys are so very handsome.
Cupckes look yummy.
I love that you got to meet so many characters while visiting the drawing animation area. We really enjoy it there. I must say though. Papa Gheppetto? I think perhaps he was under the weather this day? Or is it just the photo. He looks a little....ah.... odd.

Love the picture of your older son high fiving Frozone! too cute.

So, pins, running for fp's and he wants to stay at the Contemp. NOW WE'RE TALKING! :rotfl2:

Thanks for hte update. I only have 2 more wakeups, then the 3rd will be in WDW!!!

YEP YEP!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Yeah Papa Gheppetto was a little "off" that day. lol....

Be careful and have a WONDERFUL time!!! pixiedust:

Wow ... that's like guy speak for "this is actually pretty fun... I'm having a good time..." :rotfl2:

I love the piglets... they make such awesome keepsakes...:goodvibes

Did you try DH's cupcake? Did you think yours was too reach or would you recommend it?

This might sound a bit silly but I'm actually not really into sweets. I would take french fries anyday over a cupcake. I did find mine a bit sweet. However, I did eat about half of it before I could not take anymore.

I did not try DH because I hate the chocolate/peanut butter combo. :confused3 I think peanut butter should only go with jelly. DH said it was awesome and he finished his.

Wow ... that's like guy speak for "this is actually pretty fun... I'm having a good time..." :rotfl2:

I love the piglets... they make such awesome keepsakes...:goodvibes

Did you try DH's cupcake? Did you think yours was too reach or would you recommend it?

Soooo....since you all have probably guessed that DH enjoyed his trip, I figure I'll share our BIG news.

DH believes that we will more than likely vacation at Disney for the next 4 or 5 years at least because our boys are young and probably wouldn't do really well on an "adult vacation" as my husband calls it. Therefore we are looking into DVC!!!! However, he wants to try it out before he buys it so we are going to have my dream vacation this summer staying at the BEACH CLUB!!! :cool2:

I just had to share so I could FINALLY add my ticker! We booked about 3 weeks ago and it's been killing me not to have a ticker.

Going get a ticker....... :dance3:

Soooo....since you all have probably guessed that DH enjoyed his trip, I figure I'll share our BIG news.

DH believes that we will more than likely vacation at Disney for the next 4 or 5 years at least because our boys are young and probably wouldn't do really well on an "adult vacation" as my husband calls it. Therefore we are looking into DVC!!!! However, he wants to try it out before he buys it so we are going to have my dream vacation this summer staying at the BEACH CLUB!!! :cool2:

I just had to share so I could FINALLY add my ticker! We booked about 3 weeks ago and it's been killing me not to have a ticker.

Going get a ticker....... :dance3:

YAY!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! Drink the cool-aid, it's very good. :thumbsup2

We bought in 2004 & have no regrets. Even with DH loosing his job. We worked so hard to keep the dvc, and are so happy we did!

YEAH... So Mission Impossible was in fact possible...:goodvibes

We just bought 80 points this year and we're hoping to add 25 or so points yearly for the next 3-4 years (or more...) and our home resort is the Beach Club... going next week...:cool1:

Congrats on your summer trip...pixiedust:

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving...

YEAH... So Mission Impossible was in fact possible...:goodvibes

We just bought 80 points this year and we're hoping to add 25 or so points yearly for the next 3-4 years (or more...) and our home resort is the Beach Club... going next week...:cool1:

Congrats on your summer trip...pixiedust:

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving...

Yes yes, it was possible after all!!! Today he dropped another bombshell on me but I'll save that for the end of my TR. :goodvibes

How exciting to be DVC owners!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We all have so much to be thankful for this year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter