Missing Home, a Walk Family PTR! Updated 8/13!

Wow, 2 great trips in one pre trip report!!

I love the Smokies, Ron and I got married there. We always talk about going back, but so far we have only gone back one time. We really like going to the beach instead. Or Disney, or visiting my family in Illinois. Maybe this winter we can go back.

Two weeks in Disney! That sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what you plan.

Crafting

So I have been doing some Disney crafting lately! Not for my trip, but for my good friend Lori's (aka STLMickeymom) Disney cruise!

First up, a pair of shoes requested by Lori, and thankfully the cruises shouldn't have nearly as much walking as in the parks, so she should actually get to wear them on her trip!! Yay!

AF55259E-5DFA-45FD-A7AB-33DDD7E5A0FA.jpg

53FDAAC4-5A4E-4EDB-84D2-DF19A5AA81CD.jpg

Then, I have decided to give bow making a try, I was pretty happy with my first shot at it!

46B30F6C-07EF-422B-B467-96B848F8D59F.jpg

Oh and I did forget that I made some shoes for my girls the other day too, I think I mentioned them in my TR, but never did post a photo, so here ya go!

9F31CDF4-25BA-457F-9DA7-EE09B418E7FD.jpg

D59AF4CF-6A7C-4A70-8F23-A31EE426AF49.jpg

0D951C76-C55D-4783-961F-D25FE564A4DA.jpg

Oh, and then the most exciting news! I got Mickey Mail the other day!!!!!!

980F39E6-2EE4-434E-9BD4-4BE6A7A2AB1F.jpg

I was a little bummed, I guess they have done away with the Dumbo magnet?? I didn't get one, instead there was a page at the back of this booklet, with Dumbo, and all the important dates... here's a fun/depressing fact for you... in exactly one year, on July 10th 2016 I can make FP+ and do online check in! :thumbsup2 :crazy2::rotfl2:

Like I said, kinda cool, I know exactly what I will be doing in a years time, but its so far away it's pretty sad too!! :sad1: I have been suffering from major Disney-home-sickness lately... I am doing EVERYTHING Disney to try to pull myself out of it, but I can't seem to shake it. Guess I will just have to surround myself with even MORE magic! pixiedust:

I would be so up for this! I'm only about 4 hours from the Pigeon Forge area.

Me too!! You know, if you happen to visit the area somewhere in the Nov 7-13th range this year, that'd be pretty cool..... :rolleyes1

I love the Smokies and Pidgeon Fordge! We used to go every summer as a kid. You guys will have a blast.

14 days of Disney sounds crazy awesome.
I can't wait to read along and see what outfits you plan. :joker:

Yes, the smokie look like a lot of fun, and I know I will get some actually R&R... so that will be new for a vacation... :rotfl2:

14 days.... eeep! I still can't believe it!

And outfits, yes ::yes:: You know me, I am already thinking about this... I do believe I have already settled on MNSSHP costumes, then I know another matching day I want to for sure have... :hyper: But that will have to wait for another post...

This would be awesome.. That cabin i would kill for.. and to be with some great people?!?!

If I didn't have to bust my hump to pay for this November trip I would go in a heartbeat!

If you two meet i will be SO JEALOUS!

Maybe 2017!?! :thumbsup2

And don't give me that jealous stuff, you fly across the country for Dis meets! :rotfl: If anyone should be jealous, it should be me!! :hug:

Okay, so I couldn't wait until tomorrow to join in the fun here! Your cabin in the Smokies looks wonderful! Sounds like lots of fun planned, and didn't Tiffany give you some great ideas! We went to the Smokies many years ago on a meandering journey to Williamsburg. We stayed in a cabin, but nothing like the one you'll be in. It is absolutely gorgeous in that area.

As for your Disney trip...girl, 14 days????? Wowser! That is fantastic and worth waiting 400+ days to experience. The most we've ever done is 9 days. I love the must do choices for ADRs. Honestly, the Garden Grill had so much character interaction we hardly had time to eat. The girls will love it! The service at Coral Reef was so bad the last couple of times we went, we have taken it off our to do list. The food was good, though, and it's so cool to watch the fishes swimming by. 50s PT is one of our favorites as well. Love the pot roast!! We used to do Tuskar House, but have been trying to branch out and try new places. We enjoyed it a lot, though. One we will ALWAYS try to book every trip is Be Our Guest! I just love that place!

I'll be anxious to watch your trip plans unfold...and change over the next year. We could have met if your trip was this year...some day.

Yay! Lois is here!!! I have been spying you in the See Ya Reel Soon videos, thanks to Mo's tip!!

Yes, the smokies sound fun! I am excited to try something new on a trip, and it will allow us to do the 2 week long DIsney vacay next year, so I guess it's worth it!

Bummer to hear about Coral Reefs service, I had a friend go last year and they loved it, I am glad to hear you at least say the food is good, which is my main reason for going, second to eating by the fishies!! We will be booking BOG too, I don't know why I didn't just put it on the For Sure list.. I know we will go!

So does this mean you have no 2016 trip? Or you just dont have it planned yet?

Wow, 2 great trips in one pre trip report!!

I love the Smokies, Ron and I got married there. We always talk about going back, but so far we have only gone back one time. We really like going to the beach instead. Or Disney, or visiting my family in Illinois. Maybe this winter we can go back.

Two weeks in Disney! That sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what you plan.

That is so awesome!!!!! I wanted to go in winter and see snow with the kids, but I hear fall really is the best for hiking and such, and we probably would be too cold to do anything with snow, we'd have to buy new wardrobes and wouldn't know how to drive in it! :rotfl:

2 weeks in Disney does sound amazing!! SQUEEEE!! :banana:

It can be so rough when you've been planning for a Disney trip and then can't take it. But at least you have set dates.

I totally feel you with the growing up too fast. I was just telling DH tonight that I can already see differences in Little Miss between now and the photos from our trip and it was barely 2 months ago!!!

Wow, I know nothing about the Smokies, but looks like a really nice cabin and a relaxing family trip. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Love the shoes you made! Too cute! Great bows too.

Can't believe you have to wait an entire YEAR to book FP+! :faint: Hope you can find ways to keep the Disney depression at bay. :goodvibes

I'm here!!

I'll be back ASAP to read up on the plans!!

YAY! :welcome:

It can be so rough when you've been planning for a Disney trip and then can't take it. But at least you have set dates.

I totally feel you with the growing up too fast. I was just telling DH tonight that I can already see differences in Little Miss between now and the photos from our trip and it was barely 2 months ago!!!

I know! They do grow way too fast! :sad2:

Wow, I know nothing about the Smokies, but looks like a really nice cabin and a relaxing family trip. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Love the shoes you made! Too cute! Great bows too.

Can't believe you have to wait an entire YEAR to book FP+! :faint: Hope you can find ways to keep the Disney depression at bay. :goodvibes

Haha, me too! Only 363 days until FP+ now... :rotfl2:

:lovestruc:love:My shoooooes! You know I love 'em!!!! :love::lovestruc

I am so glad you do!! :hug:

Love the shoes! Mickey Mail is always exciting too.

Thanks!!

Great job on the bows! :cutie:

Thank you!!

Those shoes and bows are all so darn cute!! I love them!

Awe, yall make me feel so good, thanks!

the shoes came out really cute!!! 2017! We should rent something for a Dis meet. that would be loads of fun. and do Disney crafts!

a year from this month eh? :scratchin

Those shoes are awesome! I have zero creativity so I'm pretty jealous of people who can do stuff like that!

I love the shoes and bows! I have zero ability in the arts and crafts department so I'm amazed by that kind of stuff!

Yay for Mickey mail! I was sad about the missing Dumbo magnet too! I liked having it on the refrigerator to see every day! Like I needed the reminder for ADR and FP+ dates, but it was DISNEY so it was fun to look at!

Have you heard of the app Periscope? People can post live videos from anywhere in the world. I only watch the ones from Disney but it's so much fun! Yesterday we watched a lady as she walked through World Showcase, a ride through of Small World, and Festival of Fantasy - all live from Disney! It does help the ache some!

Yes, we are going in 2016 also, I just meant that our dates this September align with your 2016 dates. I'm pretty sure we'll try for Christmas time in 2016, but nothing is booked or planned. We've been twice during Christmas theming and Dan and I absolutely LOVE that time of year. The crowds are a bit heavier than September, but not real bad. (we're spoiled!) I need to sit down with my daughter to see what would work for Moriah next year. She does turn 5 in September though...

You stil rock the shoe art!!:artist: You are so talented! I so wish I could wear those kinds of shoes. The bows are adorable. None of my 5 granddaughters like anything in their hair, so I can't make or buy anything cute like that.:confused3 And, yeah, we didn't get a Dumbo magnet either. We did get yet another AP magnet. Not including the magnets probably saves them a TON of money! If they would stop sending new magic bands for every trip, that would save a lot as well!

By all means go to Coral Reef! It's a great place to eat. And the two times we had bad service. It was slow, not nasty wait staff or anything. And by slow, I mean glacially slow! In, we almost didn't make our reservation for the Candlelight Processional slow! We decided to take a break from it. But your sweeties will love it. Get there about 20 to 30 minutes ahead of your ADR and request a table right next to the aquarium.:fish: It's worth the wait!

Okay, this has been designated my heavy cleaning day before a family wedding this Friday. The bride just picked up the 400 wedding favors I made for her, so now it's back to work for me! I can't seem to get anything done...30 minutes of work and 60 minutes break doesn't seem to get me very far.:rolleyes1 Have a fabulous day!:goodvibes

Strapping in for another wonderful Terri - denovagirl PTR!! Wow though! 14 days that so awesome and bananas! I love it! Definitely something on my bucket list!

Happy you have the PTR going already, nothing helps getting through the days you are missing Disney then to come here and commiserate with those who know exactly how you feel! And you know to think and talk about your plans for the upcoming trip! We had originally been planning to go back in November 2017 but just over the last few days confirmed we are pulling it in by a year and going November 2016 now! I'm still in disbelief about it though and afraid that I really am imagining it! So it will be nice to get to see all your plans since you'll be there just two months before us!

I also have to say I'm excited to see what new shirts you might be planning to make!

Stopping by to say HI!!! :wave:

Love the shoes - as usual!!! And love the bows!!! Great job Terri! YOu are so talented!!! ::yes::

I hope you are doing well, all of your plans so far sound great! You'll get through this - just keep planning! ::yes::

D~

the shoes came out really cute!!! 2017! We should rent something for a Dis meet. that would be loads of fun. and do Disney crafts!

a year from this month eh? :scratchin

YES!!!

tumblr_n9qjooXgYG1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Those shoes are awesome! I have zero creativity so I'm pretty jealous of people who can do stuff like that!

Hahaha! Let me know if you need a pluto pair!! I dont think I've done any plutos... :scratchin

Wow such cute crafts, you're so clever :)

And wooohooo under a year till FP+ :yay:

Thanks! Haha, I have fun with it, and helps pass the time until Disney!

Hahah! WOOOO! :cheer2:

I love the bows. You did great. You are so talented.

I have been missing Disney a good deal as well.

Thanks! I am having so much fun bow-making, I want to try to do some to fit the magic bands now!! :cool1:

I love the shoes and bows! I have zero ability in the arts and crafts department so I'm amazed by that kind of stuff!

Yay for Mickey mail! I was sad about the missing Dumbo magnet too! I liked having it on the refrigerator to see every day! Like I needed the reminder for ADR and FP+ dates, but it was DISNEY so it was fun to look at!

Have you heard of the app Periscope? People can post live videos from anywhere in the world. I only watch the ones from Disney but it's so much fun! Yesterday we watched a lady as she walked through World Showcase, a ride through of Small World, and Festival of Fantasy - all live from Disney! It does help the ache some!

Haha, I am glad people think my work looks okay! I never know, but I have fun!

Okay, so Im not the only one who didnt get the Mickey magnet then, stinks, why!? Why take it away... boooo...

Yes! I am subscribed to all the Disney periscope stuff too!! Love it. My plan right now is to do live periscope updates on our next trip!! I am training Olivia to be good in front of the camera too! Like she needs it, but still!! :thumbsup2

Yes, we are going in 2016 also, I just meant that our dates this September align with your 2016 dates. I'm pretty sure we'll try for Christmas time in 2016, but nothing is booked or planned. We've been twice during Christmas theming and Dan and I absolutely LOVE that time of year. The crowds are a bit heavier than September, but not real bad. (we're spoiled!) I need to sit down with my daughter to see what would work for Moriah next year. She does turn 5 in September though...

You stil rock the shoe art!!:artist: You are so talented! I so wish I could wear those kinds of shoes. The bows are adorable. None of my 5 granddaughters like anything in their hair, so I can't make or buy anything cute like that.:confused3 And, yeah, we didn't get a Dumbo magnet either. We did get yet another AP magnet. Not including the magnets probably saves them a TON of money! If they would stop sending new magic bands for every trip, that would save a lot as well!

By all means go to Coral Reef! It's a great place to eat. And the two times we had bad service. It was slow, not nasty wait staff or anything. And by slow, I mean glacially slow! In, we almost didn't make our reservation for the Candlelight Processional slow! We decided to take a break from it. But your sweeties will love it. Get there about 20 to 30 minutes ahead of your ADR and request a table right next to the aquarium.:fish: It's worth the wait!

Okay, this has been designated my heavy cleaning day before a family wedding this Friday. The bride just picked up the 400 wedding favors I made for her, so now it's back to work for me! I can't seem to get anything done...30 minutes of work and 60 minutes break doesn't seem to get me very far.:rolleyes1 Have a fabulous day!:goodvibes

Awww man, well maybe you'll decide Sept 2016 too... :rolleyes1

Thanks! Nothing compared to the skills you have, but Ill take it!!

Such a bummer on the Dumbo magnet!!

Will do on the Coral Reef!

Strapping in for another wonderful Terri - denovagirl PTR!! Wow though! 14 days that so awesome and bananas! I love it! Definitely something on my bucket list!

Happy you have the PTR going already, nothing helps getting through the days you are missing Disney then to come here and commiserate with those who know exactly how you feel! And you know to think and talk about your plans for the upcoming trip! We had originally been planning to go back in November 2017 but just over the last few days confirmed we are pulling it in by a year and going November 2016 now! I'm still in disbelief about it though and afraid that I really am imagining it! So it will be nice to get to see all your plans since you'll be there just two months before us!

I also have to say I'm excited to see what new shirts you might be planning to make!

Yay! Glad you are here!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I agree on the PTR.. and I always have somethhhinnngggg to talk about.. lol :rotfl:

SQUEEE on going a year earlier than planned!! :jumping1:

Teehee, everyone is excited for the outfits, I must be getting a rep on here or something... :rotfl2:

Stopping by to say HI!!! :wave:

Love the shoes - as usual!!! And love the bows!!! Great job Terri! YOu are so talented!!! ::yes::

I hope you are doing well, all of your plans so far sound great! You'll get through this - just keep planning! ::yes::

D~

:wave: Hi back at ya!

Thanks! Next project, magic band bows!

Haha, thanks! Will do! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!