Missing Home, a Walk Family PTR! Updated 8/13!

Denovagirl

DIS Veteran
tumblr_n2mgidOECF1rv5zh8o1_500.gif

Welcome to another Walk family PTR!!!

Glad to have you here, reading along!
If you're not familiar with me and my family, I'm Terri, mom and wife to this wonderful crew...

AK_TREEBACKAFR_7060639933_1.jpeg

My hubby is Chris, a hard working police officer, who loves WDW.

The girls are Olivia, who will be 7 when this trip finally comes, and Maddie who will be 4! (It's so hard to imagine that as Olivia turned 6 in Feb, and Maddie JUST turned 3!) My girls are Disney girls, FOR SURE, and Princesses of this household! They talk about WDW nearly everyday, and they are very much involved in the trip planning too!

If you want to know more about us, feel free to read my intros to any one of my TR's, including the one I AM STILL working on from our last trip in October!

Enough of that, time for TRIP DETAILS!!

tumblr_nb2u2aJ7sU1rn71qzo2_500.gif

Disney World 2016 Trip

When: September 7-20th
Where: Pop Century
Who: Just our foursome
Why: We love fall! September is low crowds & free dining!

Pop-Century-Resort-018.jpg

Thank you GOOGLE for this beautiful image!

There you have it, two full weeks in the Happiest Place on Earth!! It's very far off as I begin this PTR...
431 days to be exact... but for us hardcore Disney parks fanatics, we know that it is NEVER to early to start the planning! So I will be sharing all the details here, as well as anything Disney-related in my life, and you will probably find a little trip planning for our fall vacay to the Smoky Mountains in this PTR as well!

Entrance-to-the-Smokies.jpg

Thanks for this one too, GOOGLE!

I hope you will join me as I continue to report on our last trip, in my current TR, "Don't Forget a Picture of the Food"
But also join in on all the trip planning fun here in this PTR!

So sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!

tumblr_lqcujyZapR1qkkyewo1_500.gif

Links:
The Beginning's of a Trip

Smokies Low Down
Crafting
Sicky-Pants
Days 1-3 Smokies Plans
Shopping Trips

Last edited:
The Beginning's of a Trip

So, I wanted to start with a few thoughts on how this trip has come to be what it has so far...

September:

When we first started planning this trip we considered 2 time frames... September or Late Nov-Dec... honestly, it came down to price. The dates I wanted in the Christmas season are historically not during the free dining promo, the crowds are a bit higher, and the room rates were a bit higher too. It was close to a $1K difference in the these times.

September really is a favorite month for us though, I know this is when Disney does like to do ride refurbs, but we are okay with that. Where we stand now with missing a trip in 2015 to The World, we really just wanted to go back for a lengthy trip where we could just soak it all up. I feel like during Christmas there would be a lot of new things to see and try, so we plan to save that for 2017.

Also we REALLY REALLY REALLY loved Disney in the fall, it's totally up our alley, and MNSSHP was a total BLAST!! According to the 2015 dates, we will most likely be able to hit a MNSSHP at the end of our trip!

MNSSHP_MAGICHHGHOST_7062637685.jpeg

Us at the 2014 MNSSHP!

A few new things...

This trip goes mid-week to mid-week. It will be the highest we've paid for a WDW vacay so far, and I am hoping to save a little with the mid-week flights, versus our usual Fri-Mon flights.

Missing a year stinks, but a couple awesome things are that when we go back there will be MANY changes... Disney Springs should be awesome by then, and no longer a huge construction zone. Several new restaurants are set to be open including several in Disney Springs, one in AK, and one in MK. New rides! Frozen Ever After should be a go, and then all the nighttime stuff at AK should be up too, like the new night Safari and the night spectacular!

RiversOfLight-Concept-Large-1.jpg

Thanks, GOOGLE!!

FOR SURE ADR's...

CORR_1_998.jpg

Thanks, GOOGLE!

I know it's early, but we will have 14 TS meals this trip!! Squeee!! So, naturally, I have already began to think.

A few we will FOR SURE be doing:

1. Garden Grill: The food looks FANTASTIC, I've always wanted to try it, and it's a very wise use of your dining credit.
2. Coral Reef: Again, another I have always wanted to try. The menu looks divine to me, and I love the atmosphere.
3. Tusker House (Breakfast): One of the character meals we have not done, and will snag the early pre-opening ADR.
4. 50's Prime Time Cafe: Our favorite in WDW!
5. Beaches & Cream: Another of our top faves, and we will pay OOP, since it's affordable.

Other possibilities:

The Hangar (Jock Lindsey's?) - The new Disney Springs, Indiana Jones theme...
Skippers Cantina
New AK Restaurant
Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
Ohana
Be Our Guest
Sci Fi
Hollywood & Vine
1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tutto Italia
Cinderella's Royal Table

Other Considerations...

DSC01111.jpg

A lot of early thoughts have been flowing through my mind, so time will tell, but some things we're thinking about...

Golf- Chris absolutely wants to go play a round on one of Disney's amazing courses during a rest day this trip. We've looked at the pricing, it's about $60, and $20 Club/Shoe rental.

Afternoon Tea- This is something I am thinking I can take the girls to do while Chris golfs!

Surrey Bikes- This has been on my list the past two trips, and we TRIED this last one but didn't make it in time, I WILL do this!! ::yes::

BBB- Of course we will do this again, it will be Maddie's first time!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Tours- I really want to do a tour, for myself I would LOVE to do the Wild Africa Trek, or the KTTK Tour or Marceline Tour... obviously, these are not kid friendly, so I am planning to see how the hubs might feel on us each scheduling a tour at separate times. I think Maddie will be old enough that we will be able to handle both girls alone in a park for a few hours or so and take turns doing this. It's something we've both always wanted to do!

Schedule...

calendar.jpg

Finally, a rough idea of a schedule... it will be 14 days, 13 nights, and the max days on a ticket without buying a pass is 10, so here's my thoughts...

10 Park Days
1 Rest/MNSSHP Day
1 Rest/Golf/Tea Day
1 Rest/Swim Day
1 Travel Day (Last Day)

So yeah, that's a lot for being over a year out, but it's hard not to plan! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am sure we will dive wayyyyy more into this as time goes on!

It's NEVER to early to start planning! :lmao: I'm totally in, love the Walk family trips!

So far everything sounds amazing! I am totally jealous of your long trip that would be amazing!:banana:

I'm here and excited to see everything unfold! :hyper:

You make a good point about all the new things there will be by the time you go. Not to mention that you'll have plenty of time to take in all the new things and enjoy all the favorites. Sounds like a great trip. And good dining choices too! I very much recommend Garden Grill - we've been three times and all have been an excellent experience with fresh food and endless character visits (we go to dinner there on the day I'm currently writing about in my TR, so hopefully that will be up relatively soon).

Also, it's fun to see your Doc McStuffins Halloween costumes again now that I have a big fan of that show here (she wasn't into it yet at that time, but now she's "Doc McIzzy" and "fixes us up" every night :rotfl:). Now I know those characters more and you did a great job with the costumes.

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

:lmao:
Joining in. Looking forward to reading all of your plans.popcorn::

:welcome:
Hi!! You're my first visitor! Yay!!

Glad to have you reading along! On my phone at the moment, so I can't see your signature line, but I'll be back to check if you have any past or future trips!!! :wave:

It's NEVER to early to start planning! :lmao: I'm totally in, love the Walk family trips!

So far everything sounds amazing! I am totally jealous of your long trip that would be amazing!:banana:

Jackie's here! Yay! :woohoo:

Yea, I love the long trip, sometimes I think it'd be nice to do two smaller ones, but with Disney's pricing it's more economical to just do one long one...and I really did have moments in my last trip where I felt like I'd been there forever and I still had like half the trip to go! It's the best!! :cool1:

I'm here and excited to see everything unfold! :hyper:

You make a good point about all the new things there will be by the time you go. Not to mention that you'll have plenty of time to take in all the new things and enjoy all the favorites. Sounds like a great trip. And good dining choices too! I very much recommend Garden Grill - we've been three times and all have been an excellent experience with fresh food and endless character visits (we go to dinner there on the day I'm currently writing about in my TR, so hopefully that will be up relatively soon).

Also, it's fun to see your Doc McStuffins Halloween costumes again now that I have a big fan of that show here (she wasn't into it yet at that time, but now she's "Doc McIzzy" and "fixes us up" every night :rotfl:). Now I know those characters more and you did a great job with the costumes.

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Yay!! Glad you're here!!:jumping1:

So happy to hear your thoughts on Garden Grill, I don't think I've read any TRs where people haven't enjoyed themselves. I can't wait for you to get that update published! Especially now that I'm all caught up on all your TRs!! :hyper:

Haha!!:rotfl2: Too funny on Doc McIzzy!! I have much better, closer photos of the costumes, when I finally get to that day... I want to say it was day 8 or 9...and I'm currently on day 4!! :lmao:I'll get there someday!!

Can't wait to follow along!

I've been a lurker on your past TRs, and just adore your family. Your girls are the cutest!

Checking in from my lake vay-cay... Super excited to see you planning another trip. Sadly, it doesnt overlap with any of my planned trips... But super excited to follow along anyways! Love your family!

D~

I'm here!!! How much do I love that you used that Louis gif??!!??

I thought you'd like that!! ;)

Checking in from my lake vay-cay... Super excited to see you planning another trip. Sadly, it doesnt overlap with any of my planned trips... But super excited to follow along anyways! Love your family!

D~

Bummer on not overlapping! I'll always regret not meeting you my first trip!!

I am loving your lake vacay! The photos are gorgeous! :cool2:

HERE! I really hope we work it out to be there in september that year too!
I can't wait to hear all your planning.

two full weeks in the Happiest Place on Earth!

That's a great way to get back "home".

we know that it is NEVER to early to start the planning

Of course not; I will admit that I have made plans for trips a year away that aren't even booked and we will honestly probably not even take.

I feel like during Christmas there would be a lot of new things to see and try, so we plan to save that for 2017

I agree with this. We took our first Christmas trip last year and there was just so much to do that was extra.

Frozen Ever After should be a go, and then all the nighttime stuff at AK should be up too, like the new night Safari and the night spectacular!

That's great! I can't wait to experience all of the new stuff, I'm just kind of sad we bought annual passes right before that and we aren't renewing :(

BBB- Of course we will do this again, it will be Maddie's first time!!!

Awww... That will be so fun!

Can't Wait to read more about your trip. Are you for sure set on staying at Pop Century again or is it just a "placeholder" so to speak?

Joining in of course! It's never to early to plan! I'm already getting ideas for plans down for our next trip and I have absolutely NO idea when that will be! :rotfl2:

Joining in! Your plans sound wonderful so far. I have always wanted to go in September for the low crowds but I'm super busy at work that month and it's not really possible.

I love all five of your must do restaurants!

I've done both the Wild Africa Trek and the KTTK tour. I loved both of them so it would be hard to pick. I really think I enjoyed the WAT more as I'm a huge animal lover. The KTTK tour was interesting but I already knew most of the facts we learned and I got a little bored towards the end.

Of course not; I will admit that I have made plans for trips a year away that aren't even booked and we will honestly probably not even take.

That's great! I can't wait to experience all of the new stuff, I'm just kind of sad we bought annual passes right before that and we aren't renewing :(

Can't Wait to read more about your trip. Are you for sure set on staying at Pop Century again or is it just a "placeholder" so to speak?

Hahahahahaha!! :rotfl2: I have totally planned out trips that were never taken too... Can't help myself! I'm a dreamer!

Yes all the new stuff sounds great, although 2017 & 18 should see major, major changes in Avatarland and such!

And I really loved POP last trip, of course I'd love to try somewhere new, and a mod or deluxe would be wonderful, but I'm pretty sure POP is where it's at for us this year. We'd rather have the extra cash to spend during our trip, rather than on our room. And it's great why the kids are little, they love the brightness and fun atmosphere of the value resorts. I figure we will try many others when they get bigger. So for now we will be happily staying at POP!! Though I do need to call and add my extra day in... I originally booked for 13 days... And my dates are flexible, we want the free dining, so I will move if I have to!

Joining in of course! It's never to early to plan! I'm already getting ideas for plans down for our next trip and I have absolutely NO idea when that will be! :rotfl2:

I feel that! I think we all do that here!! :rotfl:

Joining in! Your plans sound wonderful so far. I have always wanted to go in September for the low crowds but I'm super busy at work that month and it's not really possible.

I love all five of your must do restaurants!

I've done both the Wild Africa Trek and the KTTK tour. I loved both of them so it would be hard to pick. I really think I enjoyed the WAT more as I'm a huge animal lover. The KTTK tour was interesting but I already knew most of the facts we learned and I got a little bored towards the end.

Very good to know in the tours. My #1 choice is WAT, I live animals too... And I doubt KTTK will work for our schedule, I like that the other two are only 3 hours... It will come down to price most likely when determining which one I'll do...but if we can swing it, I see myself doing WAT and my hubby doing Marceline!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter