Missing Annie

Clang

Mouseketeer
Annie was my dear, beautiful SIL. She was one of those people who never had an unkind word for or about anyone. She had been married to DH's brother for 23 years. She had 3 beautiful children - all boys. Annie jumped off a bridge and ended her life on Sept. 25, 2006. I will never forget that day. It was a beautiful fall day. A Monday. My DH called me at work and told me they were life flighting Annie to the local trauma center. There had been an accident. I was shaking. I assumed (as everyone did) it was an auto accident. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought she would have taken her own life. Annie had been depressed and had been under a doctor's care since July, but I guess the demons had been there longer than any of us knew. A little while later, DH called back and said she had jumped off a 100ft. bridge, someone had seen it, and called 911. They life-flighted her to the trauma center and they were working to stablize her and get her into surgery. I left work, picked up my children and went home. I was in shock. At this point, I was like - save her???? What could they save??? (I have only admitted this to 2 other people) I prayed that she would die. I mean what would be left of the Annie we knew and loved? She had massive head trauma; she blew out her spleen & kidney; and who knows what else? She would never be the same.....let her go. Well, she didn't make it. We buried her on Sept. 29. I still can't believe she is gone. It hurts so much sometimes. I walked around in a fog for a few weeks, and then became extremely anxious about everything. I sought treament from my doctor and am now on meds and it is helping. But I still can't believe she is gone. What kind of pain must she have been it to have done it???? Why couldn't we help her? My BIL is so lonely without her. We will never be the same. Annie, I love you and miss you so much, and I am sorry you were in such pain.

I am so sorry. Your story is heartbreaking. I hope that you and your family can find peace. :hug:

Clang... I am so sorry.......I am glad that you wrote this hopefully it helped you in some small way. I will keep you in my thoughts to get through this loss, with time you will, but it will take time. It must be very hard for your BIL. I can only imagine and how hard Annie's life was that she could not handle it anymore. God bless her and you all as you try to get over the pain of this loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. It really helps to talk about it or post here. Just take it easy. Sometimes you will miss her a lot, sometimes you may catch yourself laughing and then catch yourself.

It takes time to get over losing someone. Be good to yourself.

Sorry for your loss :hug: it is really difficult to understand why someone would wish to end their life. My Mom attempted it when I was young and to this day I still don't understand it.

I'm so sorry for your heartache and for your brother in law's also. I hope that in time you will remember more of the good times with Annie and find some peace. Sometimes no one really knows how others feel, they can hide it pretty well and things like this are such a shock.

It shocks and amazes me how easy it is for loved ones to hide so much from us.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter