Miss B's Magical Wish Trip Adventure to Atlantica

jcspring.gif

Thanks for the cheerful animation! B loved it. :love:

Hello, I'm joining the party here! Yay on getting the port removed! Great to hear Brooke's in remission. That gets 3 dancing banana's :banana::banana::banana:

Your girl's are adorable!! Just the sweetest little things. :cutie:

As far as BBB goes. I'm sure something can be arranged for Brooke. Even if they only do make up, nails and put pixie dust in her hair. She can still be a princess for the day!! princess:

I hope you post some pictures of Avie's party! Can't wait to see pics of Brooke's Remission Cake. And of course the star of the day, Avie and her birthday stuff.

Hello, I'm joining the party here! Yay on getting the port removed! Great to hear Brooke's in remission. That gets 3 dancing banana's :banana::banana::banana:

Your girl's are adorable!! Just the sweetest little things. :cutie:

As far as BBB goes. I'm sure something can be arranged for Brooke. Even if they only do make up, nails and put pixie dust in her hair. She can still be a princess for the day!! princess:

I hope you post some pictures of Avie's party! Can't wait to see pics of Brooke's Remission Cake. And of course the star of the day, Avie and her birthday stuff.

Thanks for joining us on our little journey! And, thanks for the dancing bananas--we were pretty excited too! Thank you. We like 'em--but we're kinda biased! LOL!!

Will definitely post up some pics of Avie's party! She's 1 in 2 days! Eeeek!! The party will be next Saturday, though. Can't wait. We've been looking forward to it for months now. :)

So great to hear that she is in remission!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::cloud9::cloud9:

Thank you! We are definitely celebrating THAT milestone! :)

just getting caught up since we got home last night!

happy to hear school is going good! enjoy Avies bday!

Today is AVIE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! :scared1::cool1::yay::dance3::cheer2:I can't believe she is already one--and yet I can't remember a time before her. It seems like she has always been a member of our family and part of our lives. We've just delighted in watching her grow and discover her little place in the world.

Life is what you make of it, baby girl. May you have many, many birthdays Avery--and may they all be as sweet and silly and full of love and laughter as you are today. Love you, Aviecakes! :lovestruc

On another note, after a very rough night for everyone (Avie is normally such a sound sleeper but she was up all night yesterday and Brooke kept waking up because of the ginormous thunderstorm we were having last night), both girls woke up with colds this morning :sick: and, of course, as luck would have it, today is my first day back to work after 13 months off. Reality has set in. :eek:

But, sneezing aside, they are in great spirits and B is looking forward to giving A her little gifties (that she wrapped herself!) and some cake and ice cream tonight!

Today is AVIE'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! :scared1::cool1::yay::dance3::cheer2:I can't believe she is already one--and yet I can't remember a time before her. It seems like she has always been a member of our family and part of our lives. We've just delighted in watching her grow and discover her little place in the world.

Life is what you make of it, baby girl. May you have many, many birthdays Avery--and may they all be as sweet and silly and full of love and laughter as you are today. Love you, Aviecakes! :lovestruc

On another note, after a very rough night for everyone (Avie is normally such a sound sleeper but she was up all night yesterday and Brooke kept waking up because of the ginormous thunderstorm we were having last night), both girls woke up with colds this morning :sick: and, of course, as luck would have it, today is my first day back to work after 13 months off. Reality has set in. :eek:

But, sneezing aside, they are in great spirits and B is looking forward to giving A her little gifties (that she wrapped herself!) and some cake and ice cream tonight!

Happy Birthday Avie!

party::bday:party: Happy Birthday Avie!:cool1:

Just wondering if anyone (wishtrippers or purely lucky folks!) has been 'backstage' or met the actors in the 'Voyage of the Little Mermaid' show after the show?

I'm pretty confident that we'll meet Ariel in her human form (either at a character dining reservation (if I can get one, natch!:thumbsup2) or at a meet-and-greet. We'll be hunting her down, so not too worried there. But, as Ariel's Grotto is no more, I was wondering how Brooke would be able to see Ariel as a mermaid. Going to this attraction will definitely be on our must-do list!

Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten the chance to meet with the actors after the show? I wonder if MAW can arrange something. Seems like a pretty unlikely request, so I just want some feedback before I even entertain the idea of suggesting it to wish grantors. Thanks!

:sad2: We are sad too that we never got to meet Ariel in her Mermaid form. When we went in '09 we went with people who do not like to meet characters (my mom & brother:rolleyes:) so DD was all set to meet her last April and a few weeks before our trip they closed the Grotto:mad: We did see her at CRT but I really wanted to see her with her fins.

As for meeting her after the show, I have not heard of anyone meeting Ariel but maybe they do for Wish Trips.

I am trying so hard to catch up with everyone. Thank you for all of your supportive messages!

Happy Birthday Avie! I tried to post you a pretty graphic; however, it keeps telling me I can't....I am still at the car repair shop (they better HURRY)! so that might be why! I hope your birthday was very special sweetie!!!!

party::bday::bday:party:

So, I've finally sat down to upload some pics that I've been meaning to share with everyone. First up are some of Brooke at her first day of school, which was last Tuesday.
DSC_0302-1.jpg

She was so eager for the first day--just went right up to her teacher and gave her a hug! I left a little weepie--not in a bad way--just so proud of the big girl she has become. :lovestruc She really has grown up this year....
DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

Next are some photos of Avery and Brooke from today. The girls were in no shape to celebrate Avie's birthday on Monday. By the time we got home, they were all congested and sneezing and sniffling. It was eucalyptus baths and bed right after supper, so no cake, no party hats (Brooke is obsessed with party hats--in her mind, it's not a party unless she has a hat on!***), no pressies. Decided to wait until they were in better shape. Today was that day!

Here's a pic of Miss B, she was playing Cinderella today and was very excited to show me her jewels. She has even perfected Cinderella's dress hold. princess:
DSC_0078.jpg

And, here's a pic of our Birthday Girl, Avery!!!:love:
DSC_0038-2.jpg

B wanted to bake Avie a cake, so while Avie napped this morning, we made a bunny-shaped blueberry muffin (I didn't want to waste my cake mix for the weekend and I knew the cupcakes wouldn't stay fresh until our party on Saturday, so we opted for muffins). Then, Brooke dazzled up the little bunny with pink icing and star-shaped sprinkles. She was quite proud of her little cake. She really is quite the little Suzy Homemaker.
DSC_0098.jpg

So, once Daddy got home and after we had dinner, we wore our hats, sang our song and let Avie chow down on her first blueberry muffin with icing!
DSC_0104.jpg

She was unsure about the hat, loved the song (especially the clapping at the end, which she happily joined) and was certainly intrigued by the cake. But, halfway through, she got full and tossed the remaining pink chunk to the dog. Dealer (our English Springer Spaniel) did not seem to mind.
DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

Brooke tried to eat like a civilized 3.5 year old, but then gave up and taking a cue from her baby sis, just dug in with her hands. Ridiculous! They were disasters. :eek:
DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

But oh--such lovely disasters!
DSC_0142.jpg

After baths and jammies, Brooke pulled out the pressies for Avie that she had wrapped herself (with a little help from me--tape rolls and 3-year-olds don't mix) and hid under her own bed.

DSC_0175.jpg

She was so sweet with Avie. :hug: She pulled up corners of paper and turned the present toward her sister to let Avie rip it off. She pulled out the card and then proudly read it to Avie (or rather she read the words 'Avery' and 'Brooke' which she had written herself). And, Avie--who just adores Brooke--lapped up (quite literally, apparently!) the attention.

DSC_0169.jpg

Check out Brooke's handwriting. Slays me every time I see it. Just love it!!!:love:
DSC_0332.jpg

She says to me that the 'K' in her name '' is a little tricky.'' And she added ''extra sticks'' to the 'E' because she had too much room. Seriously, slays me!
DSC_0333.jpg

A nice pic of Daddy and his girls.
DSC_0195.jpg

And, here's just a great pic of Brooke playing with a giant box we constructed into a castle this past weekend. She is peering out of the window here.

DSC_0010.jpg

_________
***A weird aside: We were actually on our way to purchase party hats for her twin cousins' birthday party (which was to take place at our house that weekend) when we got the call for Brooke's first ultrasound. We never ended up picking up the party hats and went to the hospital instead, where we subsequently, found out her diagnosis for Wilms. When she was admitted that night, all she kept talking about was how we never got the party hats. (Don't worry, we bought some the next day at B's insistence!) Ever since that day, if the girl wants party hats--we make party hats! :laughing:

what sweet photos! Brooke is such a great big sister!
love the photo of Brooke in the castle, her eye's are just gorgeous :goodvibes

looks like the bday muffin was a huge hit...Brooke did a great job with the decorating and love her writing, she does a great job!

okay, the party hat reference brought tears to my eyes....they should wear them everyday!

Catching up (AGAIN)!!!! I LOVED the photos, what a sweet and precious family you have!!!! :cloud9: LOVE everything especially the smiles and fun!

Your girls are such cutie pies!

Thank you. I'm a little biased--but I think so, too!!:cloud9:

what sweet photos! Brooke is such a great big sister!
love the photo of Brooke in the castle, her eye's are just gorgeous :goodvibes

looks like the bday muffin was a huge hit...Brooke did a great job with the decorating and love her writing, she does a great job!

okay, the party hat reference brought tears to my eyes....they should wear them everyday!

So, I'm not the only one, then? Yeah--we'll celebrate for anything! Any day is cause for cakes and party hats! :rotfl:

Catching up (AGAIN)!!!! I LOVED the photos, what a sweet and precious family you have!!!! :cloud9: LOVE everything especially the smiles and fun!

Thank you, again. It WAS a fun weekend--in spite of a wicked couple of days. We had sunshine, warm weather, high winds, wicked hail and even some flurries! It was crazy.

We had a little birthday party for Avie with some family and friends on Saturday. The plan for outdoor games was changed, but other than that, the party went off without a hitch. Avery was just her usual cheerful self and Brooke was so excited about the party, she woke me up at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning asking 'can we start Avie's party yet?' No! Not for hours! I need to clean first!

Then, when people started to arrive, she just started jumping up and down at the window. ''The kids are here! The kids are here!''

Avery celebrated her first birthday, my hubby (Pascal) celebrated his 33rd and Brooke celebrated remission. It was a very happy day! Photos coming!

Well, we still haven't heard back from MAW and it's nearly been two months (we e-mailed the paperwork and sent back the originals February 25th). I think I will contact them after Easter weekend to see what the status is on Brooke's application.

I don't want to seem pushy or impatient--as I certainly understand that there are all kinds of circumstances surrounding the possibility of a wish. I understand that it is a very significant wish and the resources and funds allocated might not allow it to happen. I'm aware that there are (sadly!) a ton of deserving kids whose wishes should be granted--and some are more urgent priorities than others. (Trust me--I consider myself very blessed to say that right now--medically, Brooke is not a priority.) And, of course, I understand that they are volunteers and they may not have the time or bodies required to handle as much demand as there is. I can appreciate that it might take a long time before they get around to Brooke's case. Still, I just wish I had some indication of whether or not it's going to happen.

Because, of course, there is always that niggling little question in the back of my mind. What if? I wonder if it's possible that they would decline her wish (or any of her three wishes) after already telling us she was eligible? Eek! I hope not!

She wouldn't really know about it as we never told her it was a sure thing. When she sees a WDW commercial or 'Cinderella's castle' at the beginning of a movie, and mentions it. I just tell her, we'll visit there one day. And, she seems quite satisfied with that answer. I'm pretty sure she's even forgot about the possibility of having a wish granted because I don't mention it in front of her, so I don't think it would be too disappointing to her if it didn't happen.

In fact, I'll be honest, it would be more disappointing for me if the wish fell through. Ever since I've started following these boards, I've made so many mental plans of what attractions to see, countdown calendars to make, t-shirts designs to order, things to remember, etc. I know I shouldn't have let myself get so carried away without any actual plans laid, but I haven't been able to help myself! These boards are sooooo addictive! :)

Hopefully, we'll hear from the wish grantors soon. If not, I don't think it will hurt to inquire and find out what's going on, if anything.

Well, we still haven't heard back from MAW and it's nearly been two months (we e-mailed the paperwork and sent back the originals February 25th). I think I will contact them after Easter weekend to see what the status is on Brooke's application.

I don't want to seem pushy or impatient--as I certainly understand that there are all kinds of circumstances surrounding the possibility of a wish. I understand that it is a very significant wish and the resources and funds allocated might not allow it to happen. I'm aware that there are (sadly!) a ton of deserving kids whose wishes should be granted--and some are more urgent priorities than others. (Trust me--I consider myself very blessed to say that right now--medically, Brooke is not a priority.) And, of course, I understand that they are volunteers and they may not have the time or bodies required to handle as much demand as there is. I can appreciate that it might take a long time before they get around to Brooke's case. Still, I just wish I had some indication of whether or not it's going to happen.

Because, of course, there is always that niggling little question in the back of my mind. What if? I wonder if it's possible that they would decline her wish (or any of her three wishes) after already telling us she was eligible? Eek! I hope not!

She wouldn't really know about it as we never told her it was a sure thing. When she sees a WDW commercial or 'Cinderella's castle' at the beginning of a movie, and mentions it. I just tell her, we'll visit there one day. And, she seems quite satisfied with that answer. I'm pretty sure she's even forgot about the possibility of having a wish granted because I don't mention it in front of her, so I don't think it would be too disappointing to her if it didn't happen.

In fact, I'll be honest, it would be more disappointing for me if the wish fell through. Ever since I've started following these boards, I've made so many mental plans of what attractions to see, countdown calendars to make, t-shirts designs to order, things to remember, etc. I know I shouldn't have let myself get so carried away without any actual plans laid, but I haven't been able to help myself! These boards are sooooo addictive! :)

Hopefully, we'll hear from the wish grantors soon. If not, I don't think it will hurt to inquire and find out what's going on, if anything.

I am so happy the Birthday Party was a fun time :goodvibes...as for the Wish. I would absolutely contact them, I think 8 weeks is a lot of time to be patient. I can't imagine them denying her Wish after saying yes! You just want to make sure you haven't fallen between the cracks and I don't think you are being pushy OR unreasonable!!! :hug::grouphug: Just nervous/excited!!! :dance3: Loking forward to good news! :goodvibes

Every year, my hubby Pascal participates in a cycling event with a team from his office that raises funds for our local children's hospital and local Candlelighters (an organization that provides financial, medical or emotional support for families with children suffering from cancer) chapter. He's taken part in it for the last four or five years, but this year--for obvious reasons!--it means a lot more to him and to all of us.

Generally, he forgets to fundraise and only ever seems to remember the last two weeks leading up to the event. So, besides his entry fees and self-donation, he only ever has a few sponsors. A couple hundred $, which I'm sure they always appreciate, but nothing hugely significant.

This year, after having been on the receiving end of the support offered by these amazing organizations, Pas vowed to make a concentrated effort to fundraise. ''If Brooke can beat cancer,'' he said, ''the least I can do is canvas family and friends.''

So he did. He promoted awareness of the disease, the event and Candlelighters to everyone he could. For the 2011 race, his office team has set out to raise $2,000--Pas' personal goal was to raise half of that.

The event is one week away and he's already at $1,150! We are so proud of him!

Every bit counts, of course, but it feels especially good this year to be able to make such a substantial difference. We just really wanted to give back to the organizations that have given so much to us.

Anyways, he'll be cycling 70km (about 44 miles) next Sunday, May 1st, in honour of Brooke. Avie, Brooke and I will take part in the Family 5km walk while Daddy does his race. I'm going to decorate the wagon, make the girls some shirts and have them wave to the families like the royalty they are. Should be a good time!

You can read all about it on our blog: http://gingersnaphappy.blogspot.com/2011/04/making-difference.html

Every year, my hubby Pascal participates in a cycling event with a team from his office that raises funds for our local children's hospital and local Candlelighters (an organization that provides financial, medical or emotional support for families with children suffering from cancer) chapter. He's taken part in it for the last four or five years, but this year--for obvious reasons!--it means a lot more to him and to all of us.

Generally, he forgets to fundraise and only ever seems to remember the last two weeks leading up to the event. So, besides his entry fees and self-donation, he only ever has a few sponsors. A couple hundred $, which I'm sure they always appreciate, but nothing hugely significant.

This year, after having been on the receiving end of the support offered by these amazing organizations, Pas vowed to make a concentrated effort to fundraise. ''If Brooke can beat cancer,'' he said, ''the least I can do is canvas family and friends.''

So he did. He promoted awareness of the disease, the event and Candlelighters to everyone he could. For the 2011 race, his office team has set out to raise $2,000--Pas' personal goal was to raise half of that.

The event is one week away and he's already at $1,150! We are so proud of him!

Every bit counts, of course, but it feels especially good this year to be able to make such a substantial difference. We just really wanted to give back to the organizations that have given so much to us.

Anyways, he'll be cycling 70km (about 44 miles) next Sunday, May 1st, in honour of Brooke. Avie, Brooke and I will take part in the Family 5km walk while Daddy does his race. I'm going to decorate the wagon, make the girls some shirts and have them wave to the families like the royalty they are. Should be a good time!

You can read all about it on our blog: http://gingersnaphappy.blogspot.com/2011/04/making-difference.html
CONGRATULATIONS Pascal and to all of the family!!! What a Blessing that is to so many! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter