mising child in brooklyn NY see if you can help *** UPDATE ** CHILD FOUND

matdrew

Mouseketeer
My best friends daugter has been missing since thursday she is 14yrs quiet and very sweet. She has a 15 yr old brother who has no idea where she could be. they have the same friends and attend the same school. She is very sheltered mom takes her to and from school everyday. we cannot think of where she could be nd are sooo worried. if you live in brooklyn ny please look at photo and see if you can help. thanks

Please help find Brittany Johns (brooklyn, gravesend, John Dewey HS)

If anyone would like to make and distribute fliers to help this missing child. today is national missing children's day and this young girl is missing since this Thursday. She is a sweet kid. Please help us.

Please help us find Brittany Johns 5'1" 95 lbs, Brown Eyes, Black Hair. Last seen wearing black and white sweater with a black teeshirt on top, blue jeans and gray timberlands, and carrying a My Chem messenger bag. IF ANYONE SEES BRITTNEY JOHNS PLEASE CONTACT US ON THIS NUMBER 718-449-1548. Please forward to all your friends.

Please do not call the number regarding the fliers. We are trying to keep the line open for the police or tips . Thanks.

Last seen in Gravesend/Coney Island Brooklyn at John Dewey High School. She is 14 yrs old. If anyone can post this in other places please do, and forward around. She has been missing since Thursday. We are all worried sick. Thanks.

Brittany, if you see this we all love you. Please come home. No one would be upset with you. We just want you home safe.
DSC024151-1.jpg

SD.jpg
01150001160801040920080526ca42a1508.jpg

PLEASE COPY THIS AND POST EVERYWHERE YOU CAN. THANKS

My heart goes out to you and her family. Let's all hope and pray she returns home safely.

Mine will turn 15 this month & has a lot of friends. If you post a picture, I will show it to her & have her ask around. Hope you find her- I don't even want to think about what the family is going through. :hug:

Wow, I actually live in Gravesend. If you need help distributing flyers, or if there's anything else I can do, please PM me.

Mine will turn 15 this month & has a lot of friends. If you post a picture, I will show it to her & have her ask around. Hope you find her- I don't even want to think about what the family is going through. :hug:

DSC024151-1.jpg

Wow, I actually live in Gravesend. If you need help distributing flyers, or if there's anything else I can do, please PM me.

DSC024151-1.jpg

this is her pic. she is a sweet , polite quiet girl. She dosn't have boyfriend. Her friends don't knwo what happened to her. She was last seen at John dewey high school in gravesend/coney island Brooklyn. there ws a carnival/fair at her school. mom picks her up from school everyday and she just wasn't there. she has vey few friends and is not a party girl so we are very worried . she has been missing since Thursday. her parents are worried sick and her brother Dillian who is a year older is devasted. They have the same friends and he has no clue what could have happened to her.

DSC024151-1.jpg

SD.jpg

01150001160801040920080526ca42a1508.jpg

Has anyone set up a MySpace page for her? I've seen this done before, and it's a good way to get the word out...plus kids her age are so familiar with MySpace that her pic and story will spread fast.

Has anyone set up a MySpace page for her? I've seen this done before, and it's a good way to get the word out...plus kids her age are so familiar with MySpace that her pic and story will spread fast.

i tried to put info on my page on myspace but as an adult i am soo bad with this tech stuff so I guess the answer is no. anyone whoi could do this it would be most appreciated. thanks

yesterday was national missing childrens dy. it would be a good deed. any boyscouts out there willing to do it?

Praying that she is safe and returns home safely. Please keep us updated.

why is she not on the news or the statewide Amber alert system:confused3

I was wondering the same thing:worried:

She is on craigslist, but not on the news or on the Amber Alert system:confused:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/laf/695179034.html

we can't put her on. the police has to feel its an abduction because of her age they consider it a runaway situation i think. i tried to contact the news and they said the police has to contact them. unfortuately i gues this happens alot. I am going over to her moms house to see if anything changed. I put hr on craigslist and backpage and on my myspace page. WE gave out flyers the last few days. i was so upset that she cannot be on amber alert.

A child is a child. Whether she ran away or not, she should be searched for by the police:furious: They should be looking for her!!

I feel so badly for her family.

You are a good friend:hug:

Edited after calling NCMEC:

All listings of missing children include "runaways" as well as those presumed to have been victims.

In fact, the DCJS websitesays that runaways are in serious danger and specifies that officers are required to immediately enter a suspected runaway child's name and biographical information into the computer network.

My apologies for assuming this was a hoax, but, the claim that the police weren't interested in looking for her supported that belief.

NCMEC tells me that they do have a report of a missing child who matches this description and that they are trying to gather all of the necessary information so that she can be included in their web listing of missing children as soon as possible.

I suspect the same is true of the DCJS web listing.

I hope that Brittany is found safe soon.

Pretty sure Amber Alerts are only issued if there is a car involved that could be identified in some way such as a (partial or intact) license plate or description.. My dad is a cop and I'm pretty sure he mentioned this is how this works. Could be mistaken- I will check into it.

Many prayers are being sent out from us here in Tennessee.

Pretty sure Amber Alerts are only issued if there is a car involved that could be identified in some way such as a (partial or intact) license plate or description.. My dad is a cop and I'm pretty sure he mentioned this is how this works. Could be mistaken- I will check into it.

Many prayers are being sent out from us here in Tennessee.

I remember reading that as well - there has to be a vehichle to describe and I bellieve they have to know (be fairly certain) the child is in that vehichle or was taken by someone who has that vehicle.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter