Minor Authorization Form

abbiep

Mouseketeer
We will be taking our Granddaughter on a Cruise on the Dream. I understand that since neither one of her parents will be with us, we have to have a Minor Authorization Form. Can anyone tell me if both parents have to sign the form? I tried to look on the Diseny site and it looks like I cant get access to the form until its time for us to do online check in.

Thanks, I appreciate your help with this. These forums are aweome and I have learned so much from them.

You do not need both parents to sign. I was just on a cruise with my niece and I only had her mother sign the Auth doc. This was accept without any issues.

You'll probably get lots of opinions here about what you SHOULD do.....the requirement is that one parent sign the authorization form. Opinions are cheap.

My opinion is that you should depend on information provided by Disney on this very important issue; you will get good advice from this board, almost certainly correct, but this is something where it pays to check with the right authoritative source. Just IMHO.

Thanks, thats what i needed to know. We will have her passport and already have that in the works.

Appreciate your answers.

I am a single father with full legal and physical custody of my son. We have been on several cruises and only one has asked for his mother signature on a release form. I had to get the check in person to call a supervisor and explain to the supervisor that my sons mother legally has nothing to do with him. With that said it only tikes one time to cause trouble. I would suggest to get both signatures if possible and if not take a printout of the requirement of only needing one signature. After the one time with trouble, I put a copy of my devoice papers giving me full custody of my son with the passport even if I am not required to have it.

I would recommend a medical power of attorney, also. But you may have already thought of that.

The requirement is definitely only one parent to sign the form. As someone else mentioned, what is required, and what others may suggest are two very different things. Just know that you will be able to sail and board with only one signature.

Sue Ellen

Thanks, I finally found a copy and it does say only one parent. I also have her medical power of attorney but not sure I would have thought of that. Will add it to the list. I appreciate everyones responses,.

There is an additional form needed if you are visiting Mexico with a child and both parents are not traveling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter