Minivan experts, will this fit

The extra storage under the floor boards are for the seats when they "stow and go". They are not intended for storage and they will often no "seat" correctly if you put stuff in there.
Not sure about other makes of minivans, but you can 100% stow stuff in the bins of a Chrysler or a Dodge minivan that is equipped with Stow 'n Go seating and have completely functioning seats. I know this for 100% fact.

The easy solution here is for one member of your party to take the Mears shuttle to and from the resort. With that, they can take two bags with them on the shuttle and you'll have plenty of room for everything else. It'll cost you an additional $34, but that is cheaper than what it would take to ship anything down there or rent a stroller for your trip.

Not sure about other makes of minivans, but you can 100% stow stuff in the bins of a Chrysler or a Dodge minivan that is equipped with Stow 'n Go seating and have completely functioning seats. I know this for 100% fact.

I know from experience(way too much experience), that the second row storage is for the seats and some small storage, but, often people try to stuff things in there and the seats(or if you prefer, the hatch) don't "seat" correctly, which is very dangerous. It is also a PITA to open the "hatches" to store anything. You are probably very aware of what the Chrysler and Dodge will safely stow, however, you are not the general public. Spend a day at a place that rents them and watch. The rear seat abuse is amazing. :confused3

I used to have a town and country (albeit the older version) and I stored luggage in the empty space for long trips every time. Maybe the new version doesn't let you do that? That was a selling point from the dealer when I bought it lol. I also think renting strollers is a good option. The strollers you rent are made for collapsing frequently and folding up easily for the trams. I wish I had rented the first two times I went-my strollers were bulky and hard to navigate around the parks compared to the rented ones.

There is not a lot of room for storage in the bins in the second row. I love the new design of the stow and go, but, it does have it's limitations.

Different minivans = different available storage space. I would not count on everything fitting. In fact, I would plan on finding another way to get luggage to my resort.

I think you're going to need to either ship some luggage, leave it home, or split up (two rental cars, a rental car & rental minivan, rental & cab or towncar, or Mears shuttle).

Different minivans = different available storage space. I would not count on everything fitting. In fact, I would plan on finding another way to get luggage to my resort.

I think you're going to need to either ship some luggage, leave it home, or split up (two rental cars, a rental car & rental minivan, rental & cab or towncar, or Mears shuttle).

OP is staying at SoG, so no ME.

Here is the way to so it....Open up both storage units in the floor board (most rental vans are Chrysler/Dodge and have stow n go). I can measure mine as it is the current style, but you might be able to fit one set of club in there (take them out of the back, lay bag in, then put clubs in), if you have the slimmer bags.

Bring Bungee cords, and just strap the strollers to the top of the van, they have built in things on the with the front/back that fold out.

Then you should be able to fit all 4 suites cases in the back.

In the back row, but one carseat on each side, and you could potentially put one or both sets of clubs resting up against the seat and through the middle row aisle (where the kids would normally walk).

This is all if you are just flying to orlando not driving. If driving, pack tightly into smaller bags, and shove this into the stow n go...and load up the back of the car with the strollers and remaining luggage, and rest/lay the golf clubs/bags in the walk isle/center seat of the back row.

I thought you might find this interesting. http://www.carseatlaws.com/florida-car-seat-laws

Not trying to start a debate or hijack the thread but I would like to say I had my son in a high back booster at 3 1/2 b/c he could not safely sit in my regular car seat. He was over 40" and 40 pounds. I do understand what you are saying and thought the same thing, but it is possible that it is more harmful to have a child in a seat he doesn't fit in.

The extra storage under the floor boards are for the seats when they "stow and go". They are not intended for storage and they will often no "seat" correctly if you put stuff in there.

It was intended for the purpose of putting the seats in, but it also allows you to store stuff in it. The trick is to make sure that the nothing sits above the area where the floor board lays into the seating area.

I have fully paced my family for a 4 day long trip to cedar point with all luggage in the stow and go section area w/o issues all the time (in both the 2007 and 2011 models).

We own a dodge grand caravan and was able to get 4 adults. 3 children. 3 large suitcases and 7 carry ons and a stroller. Not something I want to do again. I agree with others, I would rent strollers.

Not trying to start a debate or hijack the thread but I would like to say I had my son in a high back booster at 3 1/2 b/c he could not safely sit in my regular car seat. He was over 40" and 40 pounds. I do understand what you are saying and thought the same thing, but it is possible that it is more harmful to have a child in a seat he doesn't fit in.

I agree, I was just posting what Fl. law is. Obviously, not a one size fits all law.

It was intended for the purpose of putting the seats in, but it also allows you to store stuff in it. The trick is to make sure that the nothing sits above the area where the floor board lays into the seating area.

I have fully paced my family for a 4 day long trip to cedar point with all luggage in the stow and go section area w/o issues all the time (in both the 2007 and 2011 models).

I never checked to see if there is a difference in the 2012 and 2013 models for the second row, but, I do know that there was a difference in how the last row "stowed and went". :) Frankly, I was amazed at how difficult that third row was for people to understand. I spent much of my shift, showing them how it worked. Apparently, 1, 2, 3, 4 is a difficult concept. Since you have to move the driver's seat and the Pax seat forward when opening those floor hatches(2nd row), it would seem obvious that if the seat would not go back, that you had too much stuff in the "hold", but, NOOOOOO, they would scream that there was something wrong with the van seats, drive hunched over or pound on the "hatch". Guess it never occurred to them that there was too much stuff there. I could write a book. :)

I never checked to see if there is a difference in the 2012 and 2013 models for the second row, but, I do know that there was a difference in how the last row "stowed and went". :) Frankly, I was amazed at how difficult that third row was for people to understand. I spent much of my shift, showing them how it worked. Apparently, 1, 2, 3, 4 is a difficult concept. Since you have to move the driver's seat and the Pax seat forward when opening those floor hatches(2nd row), it would seem obvious that if the seat would not go back, that you had too much stuff in the "hold", but, NOOOOOO, they would scream that there was something wrong with the van seats, drive hunched over or pound on the "hatch". Guess it never occurred to them that there was too much stuff there. I could write a book. :)

*LOL* With proper packing you would be amazed at how much I can actually fit into our stow n go seats. Again, you have to keep everything below the "lip", otherwise it wont fit. I really seriously do back almost everything in the stow n go section, we have a wagon (one of the garden carts with fold down sides) that we put in the back section, we put our large cooler on top of that, and then we have regular food/snacks and diaper back...and you can still see clearly and unobstructively out of the back window. If hubby and I combine our stuff into one bag, I push a lot our snacks and diaper bag in the stow n go, and can still fit my husband's large pilot bag in the back...and the kids all have blankets and pillows as well stuffed back there...in the 2007 we used to have the portable DVD players and movies stuff there as well...

I guess I am just good at packing and getting everything to fit.

I thought you might find this interesting. http://www.carseatlaws.com/florida-car-seat-laws

With regards to laws....all the poster has to do is follow the laws of the State from which they live. Otherwise, when I travel from Ohio to Iowa, my 10 year old would be required to go back into a booster seat, because Ohio Law is age 11 I believe.

The police know what cars are rental vehicles and which ones are not. Again, they are only required to follow the laws of the state in which they live for booster/carseat.

The majority, if not all, states require for children age 1-4 to be in an approved carseat/booster seat, and those over the age of 4 to be in a booster. There are weight/height requirements, but it would be to involved.

The easy solution here is for one member of your party to take the Mears shuttle to and from the resort. With that, they can take two bags with them on the shuttle and you'll have plenty of room for everything else. It'll cost you an additional $34, but that is cheaper than what it would take to ship anything down there or rent a stroller for your trip.

This is what I would suggest, as well. And hell, I would LOVE to be the lucky adult who gets some alone time on a bus while the others crowd into a packed mini van and have to deal with traffic! Sign me up!!

With regards to laws....all the poster has to do is follow the laws of the State from which they live. Otherwise, when I travel from Ohio to Iowa, my 10 year old would be required to go back into a booster seat, because Ohio Law is age 11 I believe.

The police know what cars are rental vehicles and which ones are not. Again, they are only required to follow the laws of the state in which they live for booster/carseat.

The majority, if not all, states require for children age 1-4 to be in an approved carseat/booster seat, and those over the age of 4 to be in a booster. There are weight/height requirements, but it would be to involved.

Do you have a legal citation for this? I am aware of no law that supports your comments above.

FYI: I live in Ohio. Just got a flyer about car seats home the other day. 8 years or 80lbs to get out of booster seat here in ohio. (in case anyone in wondering.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter