Minimum add-on for priority booking

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Sweetpeamd, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sweetpeamd

Sweetpeamd Mouseketeer

I'm sure this has been answered countless times but I can't seem to find it. We own at BLT but are looking to add-on 25-50 points. Would adding on 25 points at another resort give us priority booking at that resort or would we only be able to book 25 points worth of a stay at that resort and then have to wait for the 7 month mark to book the remainder of our stay?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

This. During the home resort priority booking period, points are separate by home resort. You can combine points from different home resorts once the 7 month window opens.

4. crisi

crisi DIS Veteran

You can also bank and borrow to use three years of points - so 25 might not do too much, but 50 could get you a week at BCV in a studio for Food and Wine every three years.

5. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

It's the points that have the booking priority, not the owner. So, the only points that can be used during the 7 to 11 month window are those at that resort.

6. Sweetpeamd

Sweetpeamd Mouseketeer

Thanks! I have always been confused about the add-on points and priority booking. Now I understand. Our family is so big that 25 points (the amount we need to upgrade to a lakeview at BLT) would get us next to nothing. Whew, we've been members for 4 years and I'm still learning the rules!