Mini-Wishes 2018.

StephMarye

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I'm a mini-wishes bride to be; tentatively holding a date for April 19, 2018. We are having a 12pm ceremony, and a shortened 3 hour plated lunch reception. I was wondering if anyone knows or has had experience with music. Although a 3 hour reception is shorter, would a DJ be completely out of the question? If so, what would be a good substitute (pianist, violinist, etc.) so we can at the very least have our first dance, father daughter dance, etc. We're having a site visit on February 17, and couldn't be more excited! I look forward to your responses and suggestions... and please bare with me, as I'm sure I'll have many, many questions to come. :)

Welcome! You can totally have a DJ at a 3-hour reception! I recommend it if you are looking for a festive atmosphere and have people who want to dance. Group size and length of event doesn't matter so much as the atmosphere you want to create. A good DJ can get 10 people up and dancing!

Otherwise, you could hire a solo musician, but they also have iPod hookups that allow you to play your own music (either run by you or by a Disney tech). That's what we did for our 3-hour reception because it was just a casual brunch.

You can read more about it here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/our-wedding/

I've listened to many of your podcasts; they're always so informative! Thank you, thank you! Perhaps it was my consultant that gave me the impression DJs weren't allowed during the mini-wishes experience.. So I just wanted to confirm it was an option! I'm having about 35 guests, and they're quite the festive bunch. Besides some dancing, I suppose my other concern was having someone MC /announce us, dancing, cake cutting, etc. I suppose a DJ does make sense after all. :) Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter