Mini-Trip Recovering

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
Well, in retrospect, I'm really not sure it's a good idea to spend seven days in Cleveland, drive back for 7 hours, sleep for 8, and then head off to NYC for 14. On the way back last night all I wanted to do was sleep off the day, but boy oh boy we had some yummy times. :car: :car: :car:

First, we parked, as we usually do, at Weehauken, hopped on the ferry, and caught the matinee of "Festen" (Do you want to know a secret?). Let's just say this: after the first 10 minutes of the play there is no secret and you're not so glad you know it. The actors were all good enough; the play wasn't. Hey, but even a bad play on Broadway is a play and the highlight of the afternoon was when I spied the top of Julia Roberts' head as she exited the Stage Door after her equally bad play "Three Days of Rain." pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

That must have been the turning point, because after that brief, but terrifically meaningful, encounter with a true superstar (the street was so mobbed that they had to call the police), things really picked up. For those of you who enjoy eating, may I STRONGLY recommend Hell's Kitchen, a nouveau Mexican restaurant with very nice Margaritas (I had six of three different kinds - no, I really did; I told you things picked up), terrific guacomole, super chips, a tuna tartar to die for, cheese-stuffed plantain cakes, grilled scallops, roasted pork, tres leches cake, and pumpkin bread puddding. (Hungry yet Noah?). I should add that Gwen only had three margaritas, but hers were bigger. :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

In any event, after 9 margaritas between two people we weren't ready to drive home, so we stood in line for 45 minutes, living in the margarita-inspired hope that we could actually score last minute cancellation tickets for "Spamalot" on a Saturday night in NYC. We did not, but we made two new friends; who says NYC isn't friendly? :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

After the crushing blow of not, however, getting really lucky, we raced over and caught a one-woman show called "Bridges and Tunnels," performed by Sarah Jones who has got it all over Whoopie Goldberg, even in Whoopie's youth. This was one great show! We loved it and came out hungry- of course, at which point we walked back to the docks, munching and sharing a slice, a jamacan beef patty, and some ice cream. What little piglets we are. pooh: pooh: pooh:

In any event, good and yummy times were had by all! I'm only sorry we aren't meeting up with any NYC dis-pals on these mini trips. :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Sounds like a great day overall!!!! I used to work right across from where the Ferries are. And you had beautiful weather too!

Tony-NJ said:
Sounds like a great day overall!!!! I used to work right across from where the Ferries are. And you had beautiful weather too!

Oh, it was gorgeous. We enjoyed walking around all day, a much better experience than when we were in a few weeks ago and it stormed all day!

Viki said:
For those of you who enjoy eating, may I STRONGLY recommend Hell's Kitchen, a nouveau Mexican restaurant with very nice Margaritas (I had six of three different kinds - no, I really did; I told you things picked up)

Jeepers, are you a pirate, Viki? pirate:

Now that is some serious drinking!

joanjett1976 said:
Jeepers, are you a pirate, Viki? pirate:

Now that is some serious drinking!

Aye, Matee, and I'm really old too (47 and counting ...), makes you wonder, eh??? pirate: pirate: pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!