Mini-Bar questions?

MScott1851

<font color=font color=royalblue>Got a link for th
How tacky would it be to keep medicines, leftovers, etc. in the hotel mini-bar instead of renting a fridge?

(I am preparing to get my hand slapped...):D

I'm not sure how easy that would be because they are usually very efficient with space so there's really not much additional space to store anything else.

You should be able to squeeze in small medicine bottles (insulin for example), but leftovers aren't going to fit. If you remove anything form the mini-bar to make room, and they don't see the stuff (and they don't look very hard for it either) when they come to srevice it, you'll be charged for it.

If you really think you'll have that many leftovers, I'd suggest either splitting meals so you don't have any, or renting a minifridge. Also, if you eat lunch at the MK, and then carry around a leftover for the rest of that day, are you really going to want to eat it?

Anne

We found that if you took your dinner leftovers out of the big plastic container they give you and put them in saran wrap, that would work. We usually don't have leftovers except for maybe a 1/2 sandwich, some pizza or in our case, practically a whole plate of fettuchini alfredo left over. So we just put it in the saran wrap in the fridge for a midnight snack. But, believe me, those mini-bars have very little space for much more than that. It's bad enough that our mini-bar bill runs $30/day......we just have too much fun on our vacations.;)

Thanks..I am a small eater, and even if we split a meal, I always have SOMETHING left over, and with the exorbitant prices Disney charges, I hate to throw a perfectly good meal away. Also, I saw a while back where the idea of a "Dis Community Fridge" came up....I still think we're on to something here!

Do all the resorts have mini-bars in the rooms? Specifically, does the Poly? I hadn't noticed any mention of it anywhere...

Thanks!
=joye

The standard rooms at the Poly do not have mini-bars. We stayed at the concierge there 6-7 years ago, don't recall if they have them or not.

Sweetie, for $30 a day in mini-fridge bills I would be driving to WM @ 75 miles an hour to buy a small fridge and stock it with stuff from the grocery side. You'd have it paid for in 4 days!

The Polynesian does not have mini-bars. I know for sure that the Grand Floridian does have them in all rooms, and I'm thinking that I've heard that the Yacht Club may have them as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter