Mim and Merlin's Wedding May 3, 2012! WP/Narcoossees/SC Got our PLANNER!

I haven't started it yet because the ring isn't on my finger yet. In fact, he's picking it up today! Maybe I should just go ahead?

Hmm, if we have the wedding when we're planning to, I will be just about 37!

I got another wedding purchase in the mail this week!!:) Since we are doing the UP theme, I ordered "Our Adventure Book" off of Etsy. I plan on making a scrap book of our relationship up to the wedding out of it and giving it to DF as a wedding gift. Now I just have to keep it hidden and work on it when he isn't around..oh boy.

I am also debating where to stay for the wedding. I was thinking the Grand Floridian b/c I think the pictures would be awesome and I have stayed there a couple of times, but I am also just dying to stay at the Beach Club and have NEVER been there..any opinions or info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm also thinking of adding on a 4 night cruise for our actual honeymoon. We already decided we will send the kids home with our parents and stay in Disney a few extra days ALONE! But now I'm thinking that maybe a cruise would be nice. I guess it would depend on cost and since we will have the annual passes, I'm not sure if it would just be cheaper to stay and nix the cruise..:confused3

I heard back from Randy on customizing the photo package and I'm SUPER excited!! I also emailed him back inquiring about an Engagement Session since we will be in WDW this October!

We also think that we are going to to a private dining at Fultons for our lunch reception. Has anyone used them before?? There seems to be more choices on their menu than other WDW lunch menues and I don't really want a catered event (unless we do a DP!)

I am so confused :confused3

I am now thinking of switching to a Wishes wedding and just be done with it. There are so many add-ons that I want that I'm thinking it might make more sense...but the $$ is obviously holding me back. We would def stick with the early time slot so that our min would be 10k but can I justify that amount?? I just don't know.

I might also change my date to May as rates are somewhat lower for accomodations in Disney..

I am stressing so much right now its ridiculous.

I also talked to someone at DFTW and might set up a site visit for when we go in October. She really answered some questions for me and she isgoing to have someone call me back in 24-48 hours.

anyway, can anyone tell me the pros and cons and talk me into one or the other? LOL

I got another wedding purchase in the mail this week!!:) Since we are doing the UP theme, I ordered "Our Adventure Book" off of Etsy. I plan on making a scrap book of our relationship up to the wedding out of it and giving it to DF as a wedding gift. Now I just have to keep it hidden and work on it when he isn't around..oh boy.

I am also debating where to stay for the wedding. I was thinking the Grand Floridian b/c I think the pictures would be awesome and I have stayed there a couple of times, but I am also just dying to stay at the Beach Club and have NEVER been there..any opinions or info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm also thinking of adding on a 4 night cruise for our actual honeymoon. We already decided we will send the kids home with our parents and stay in Disney a few extra days ALONE! But now I'm thinking that maybe a cruise would be nice. I guess it would depend on cost and since we will have the annual passes, I'm not sure if it would just be cheaper to stay and nix the cruise..:confused3

I love the scrapbook Idea!!!!:banana:

We are staying the first four days in a two bed villa with some of the wedding party and then for the night before and the night of the wedding stay at the Grand.

I would def. add on the cruise!!!! We love DCL and if you have any questions about it I've been on three four nights so I will be happy to help you out. You can alos head over to the cruise boards and get lots of questions answered there. But don't pass up the cruise it's AMAZING!!!
I am so confused :confused3

I am now thinking of switching to a Wishes wedding and just be done with it. There are so many add-ons that I want that I'm thinking it might make more sense...but the $$ is obviously holding me back. We would def stick with the early time slot so that our min would be 10k but can I justify that amount?? I just don't know.

I might also change my date to May as rates are somewhat lower for accomodations in Disney..

I am stressing so much right now its ridiculous.

I also talked to someone at DFTW and might set up a site visit for when we go in October. She really answered some questions for me and she isgoing to have someone call me back in 24-48 hours.

anyway, can anyone tell me the pros and cons and talk me into one or the other? LOL

Don't stress It will all come together and be eaiser once you figure out the month you want to do it. I think May would be a great month to do it. There are many different places you can choose from if your a wishes Bride and if you think that you will meet the min. then GO FOR IT!! Since we have 60-?? Guests it's def going to be a wishes wedding for us. GOOD LUCK!!

Hopefully DFTW will help you and set your mind at ease:cloud9:

If you're going to be spending that much anyway, I've read so many reviews about just bumping up to the Wishes wedding and it working great. However, I find a con with that course of action is naturally the $10,000 minimum. Being an Escape bride helped keep me pretty far below that number, so I know that budget wise it's the more friendly option. I guess it depends on what you're willing to spend! :confused3

If you're going to be spending that much anyway, I've read so many reviews about just bumping up to the Wishes wedding and it working great. However, I find a con with that course of action is naturally the $10,000 minimum. Being an Escape bride helped keep me pretty far below that number, so I know that budget wise it's the more friendly option. I guess it depends on what you're willing to spend! :confused3

This is where my dilemma lies..I was so set on the Escape since its so much cheaper, but then I worry about a catered event, or the MK photoshoot that DF says HE wants and i'm not sure what to do. I am typically the frugal one in the relationship so this is so hard. We are going to sit down this weekend and we will make of list of MUST haves and maybe nots...

I love the scrapbook Idea!!!!:banana:

We are staying the first four days in a two bed villa with some of the wedding party and then for the night before and the night of the wedding stay at the Grand.

I would def. add on the cruise!!!! We love DCL and if you have any questions about it I've been on three four nights so I will be happy to help you out. You can alos head over to the cruise boards and get lots of questions answered there. But don't pass up the cruise it's AMAZING!!!

Don't stress It will all come together and be eaiser once you figure out the month you want to do it. I think May would be a great month to do it. There are many different places you can choose from if your a wishes Bride and if you think that you will meet the min. then GO FOR IT!! Since we have 60-?? Guests it's def going to be a wishes wedding for us. GOOD LUCK!!

Hopefully DFTW will help you and set your mind at ease:cloud9:

Thanks..I took my son on the Disney cruise when he was 9 and we LOVED it..(OMG - he will be 18 next month - its been a long time :eek:)

But if we go with a Wishes wedding, I'm sure we will cross the cruise off the list for now..

Its going to be a LONG year of planning with be being so indecisive...you will all be sick of me :rolleyes:

As i think you said, if you have a private catered event, your Escape minimum would rise to $7,500 anyway so with a few add ons you would soon reach the $10,000 and a Wishes event would give you much more flexibility!!
Good luck whatever you decide!!

SO - I think we are going to stick with the Escape package and just do a catered brunch after the ceremony..

BUT - we are changing our date to May 3, 2012!

I am going insane:rotfl2:

So, after MUCH thought and MANY converstaions, DF and I have decided to go with a Wishes Wedding. Since Disney changed the policy of adding on 5 extra guests for the extra $500, we really don't have a choice in order to include those most special to us.

I contacted DFTW to see if we could set up a site visit in October when we are there. I missed the call yesterday and I was so upset :sad1: However, Michelle emailed me with TONS of information so I hope we can get the ball rolling!

We are so excited..of course I get sick to my stomach thinking about all the money we are spending but DF says that I deserve it since I waited so long to get married :rotfl2: Now we just have to stay as close to 10k as possible!!

Just glad we finally made a decision on wishes vs escape! :cheer2:

Congratulations on the Wishes Wedding!! Good luck on staying at the $10,000 mark. You can do it and still have everything you want!!

Woo Hoo! We got our Site Visit scheduled for October 5th!! I am so excited!! :yay:

So, after MUCH thought and MANY converstaions, DF and I have decided to go with a Wishes Wedding. Since Disney changed the policy of adding on 5 extra guests for the extra $500, we really don't have a choice in order to include those most special to us.

I contacted DFTW to see if we could set up a site visit in October when we are there. I missed the call yesterday and I was so upset :sad1: However, Michelle emailed me with TONS of information so I hope we can get the ball rolling!

We are so excited..of course I get sick to my stomach thinking about all the money we are spending but DF says that I deserve it since I waited so long to get married :rotfl2: Now we just have to stay as close to 10k as possible!!

CONGRATS on changing to a wishes wedding!!!!!! :banana::cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your site visit!!

Woo Hoo! We got our Site Visit scheduled for October 5th!! I am so excited!! :yay:

CONGRATS on becoming a wishes bride!!! I can't wait to hear more plans!:cool1::banana:

Can't wait to also hear about your trip in october now!!:cool1:

I have been in contact with Randy Chapman and he is now doing an Engagement Session for us when we are there in October!! We talked about doing it at the Floridian and Polynesian! Now I'm busy searching for the perfect outfit...sigh..:goodvibes

We got back on Thursday night from our vacation! Had lots of changes after our site visit:

We are now doing WP for the ceremony, Narcoosees for reception and still keeping Sago Cay for the dessert party!!

We also had an Engagement shoot with Randy Chapman! WOW is all I can say - he was amazing!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

I also had my hair and makeup done by Beaute Special. Laine did all of it and she was outstanding!

Just wondering - does anyone have any pics of receptions held at Narcoosee's??

Are you going to be doing a TR about your site visit? I'm going for mine next month and I'm so excited! I'm glad to hear you liked Beaute Speciale...I think I'm going to book them for my e-pics as well. I can't wait to see how yours turned out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter