MILKSHAKES on Quick Service Dining Plan

NorweJenNY

Always expanding my knowledge of the World
Where can we get milkshakes for a snack credit OR to count as a dessert when buying a meal?

And do any QS meals consider a milkshake or smoothie as the drink instead of soda/coffee/tea?

Re: your second question: Theoretically, with the changes to the dining plans effective May 31, anywhere that offers a shake as a snack credit *should* allow you to substitute your drink for it. How it is working in practice is inconsistent. You will just have to ask.

We don't eat that much QS, but I think most of the value and moderate food courts offer a milkshake for a SC, Min and Bill's at DHS has interesting seasonal flavors (and unusual QS items too), Plaza ice cream parlor at MK...

It's only *sort of* a shake, but I was told frappuccinos at starbucks count as snack credits and you can get the huge one.

It's only *sort of* a shake, but I was told frappuccinos at starbucks count as snack credits and you can get the huge one.

Not a bad suggestion... I don't go for the coffee drinks so much, but those vanilla creme frozen drinks are pretty good! I shall add this to my possibilities... thanks!

Re: your second question: Theoretically, with the changes to the dining plans effective May 31, anywhere that offers a shake as a snack credit *should* allow you to substitute your drink for it. How it is working in practice is inconsistent. You will just have to ask.

I am kind of curious about how this develops... I heard about the desserts being able to be substituted out for a drink or other snack item at the establishment where you are buying your meal. Does that mean you can supposedly can you switch your drink for a second dessert??? I hope these changes are sorted out before we leave for our trip in just over a month.

We don't eat that much QS, but I think most of the value and moderate food courts offer a milkshake for a SC, Min and Bill's at DHS has interesting seasonal flavors (and unusual QS items too), Plaza ice cream parlor at MK...

I'm intrigued by these "interestng seasonal flavors" at Min and Bills... I wonder what that might include in late August/early September? Apple or Pumpkin maybe??? That would excite me! :)

I am kind of curious about how this develops... I heard about the desserts being able to be substituted out for a drink or other snack item at the establishment where you are buying your meal. Does that mean you can supposedly can you switch your drink for a second dessert??? I hope these changes are sorted out before we leave for our trip in just over a month.

I'm intrigued by these "interestng seasonal flavors" at Min and Bills... I wonder what that might include in late August/early September? Apple or Pumpkin maybe??? That would excite me! :)

Yep, you should be able to get a second dessert rather than a drink, if you wanted. I am doing the regular dining plan for the time since 2007, so I am very curious how it goes too...we could really make our QS stretch with those subs.

The seasonal flavor right now is churro! Yum! And last fall it was caramel apple.

I would love to have a list of locations that offer milkshakes as part of the quick service meal. We always do the quick service plan and then just add one or two table service meals during our stay. I am constantly on the hunt for milkshakes....they are my favorite snack/dessert. The peep milkshake I had at 50's Prime Time Cafe last Easter was scrumptious!

I noticed that Landscape of Flavors at the AOA resort lists smoothies. I may see about getting one for my drink next visit (we'll be at Pop).

Not a bad suggestion... I don't go for the coffee drinks so much, but those vanilla creme frozen drinks are pretty good! I shall add this to my possibilities... thanks!

I also love the "refreshers" at Starbucks and treat myself to one several times during the Summer months. I think they should be a snack credit as well, but I do not have firsthand knowledge. If you like the Frozen drinks at Starbucks but think they may be too heavy in the heat, try a Berry Hibiscus concoction, ask fore less water, and Oh my goodness! Delicious! I am plannign to spend my snack credits on these!

Getting a milkshake with a snack credit was a nightly thing for me last June when I stayed at POFQ. I even tried mixing up the flavors a bit. My favorite was chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream.

Getting a milkshake with a snack credit was a nightly thing for me last June when I stayed at POFQ. I even tried mixing up the flavors a bit. My favorite was chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream.

I love cookies and cream shakes at POFQ! Almost forgot about that one... it's been a few years since I've done that. Thanks for the reminder! :)

So are they offering milkshakes at places like 50's and Sci-Fi as snack credits? I'm trying to decide which meals to pay for OOP, and if we can use snack credits for milkshakes at either place, that would make a difference! I know I've used dessert and drink credits for milkshakes at Sci-Fi before, but never snack credits. Anyone try it lately with the new DP changes?

So are they offering milkshakes at places like 50's and Sci-Fi as snack credits? I'm trying to decide which meals to pay for OOP, and if we can use snack credits for milkshakes at either place, that would make a difference! I know I've used dessert and drink credits for milkshakes at Sci-Fi before, but never snack credits. Anyone try it lately with the new DP changes?

No, the table service restaurants are not set up to accept snack credits that I know of. Only counter service ones are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter