Military Ticket extension?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by mrsmoku, Apr 5, 2013.

1. mrsmoku

mrsmoku Mouseketeer

I saw the promotional military ticket offer (free 3 day for active, $130/140 for 2 days, free 3rd for dependents) but it expires June 30, 2013.

My knowledge level of Universal is a 1 out of 100. I know nothing about Universal so I'm spending my time on these boards to learn :)

My question is, based on previous offers, will this offer (or a similar offer) be extended for the rest of the year?

We would love to go, but can't do it by June. Disney has extended theirs many times, sometimes changing, sometimes not, and I'm not sure what to expect with Universal.

Any help is appreciated! Also, any general info boards or Disney/Universal comparison boards links would be extremely helpful! (I'm reading the stickies and using the search forum)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

There is no way to tell which promotions will be extended...if any. You'll need to keep checking back to see what's going on.

4. mrsmoku

mrsmoku Mouseketeer

Has there been military promotions before this one?

5. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I don't know anything about military tickets so forgive me...just trying to answer the question.

The best thing for you to do is check this link and either call or email their office if you have any other questions:

https://www.universalorlando.com/military/military-base-list.aspx

6. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

In 2010 Universal offered a free 7-day ticket for service members and $94 tickets for guests.

2011 and most of 2012 had nothing (to my knowledge and according to Military Disney Tips.com).

I expect the continual availability of the tickets will have something to do with how well this promotion did. It seems that the promotion in 2010 was to counter Disney's Armed Forces Salute, which likely drew some military crowds away from Universal. (it may be that they simply wanted to narrow their focus, because they were offering 7 day tickets to anyone for $99 in 2009)
    It's also possible that they did the new one to counteract new Fantasyland a bit.

If they don't "extend" the current discount, then it may be likely that they'll start a new one next summer when the Mine Train opens at Disney. The above-mentioned website is an excellent source for military discount information in Orlando.

I definitely agree that it would be nice if they continue. We're doing Universal for the first time this year because of it. If we like it enough, we may be tempted to add it into our regular Orlando vacation regimen.
    Sea World/Busch Gardens also offers a free ticket for military personnel, if that interests you at all. It has even more continuity than the Disney discounts.

7. mrsmoku

mrsmoku Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info! I agree that its was probably offered because of the extension of Disney's military promo - that's a great deal paired with Shades of Green! Hard to say no to that!

I think we'll have to delay our Universal trip anyway but I'll keep my eye out for more Universal military promos. I wish they offered resort discounts for military - that would be awesome!

Thanks again!