Military discounts with family

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
my brother has the option to purchase military tickets. I've been reading and I want to see if I understand. He can purchase my family of 4 tickets, and he needs to go to Disney to activate them for us correct. If he gets a ticket for him does he have to stay with us the entire trip, or if he decides not to buy a ticket for him can he do that for us, after he activates them?

Yes he can buy for your family and not for himself. He can activate them at any ticket window and everyone must be present to activate them so your family will have to be there when he does that. Once the tickets are activated he doesn't have to be present for you to use your tickets.

my brother has the option to purchase military tickets. I've been reading and I want to see if I understand. He can purchase my family of 4 tickets, and he needs to go to Disney to activate them for us correct. If he gets a ticket for him does he have to stay with us the entire trip, or if he decides not to buy a ticket for him can he do that for us, after he activates them?
Your brother has to purchase the tickets in person, activate the tickets for those receiving the tickets, and that's it. He doesn't have to enter the parks with you after activation. The person issuing the tickets will need the name, address, city, phone and dob for each person receiving a ticket from your brother's allotment. Tickets expire 12/20 even though you will probably receive tickets that have a printed expiration of 10/3/15. The tickets have been tested to work past 10/3/15. Since the ticket offer was extended to December, the allotment of tickets per military member increased from 6 tickets to 12 tickets.There are a few blackout dates.

2015 Ticket extension: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...isneys-armed-forces-salute-has-been-extended/
General rules: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!