Military Discount Tickets

Everyone else-
This forum is supposed to be used to ask question, post comments and research any sort of Disney topic.

You're welcome to comment - as others are welcome to disagree with you. :confused3

I chose to comment on my frustration on the fact that Disney advertises a discount which is either unavailable for long stays (and often times the military leaves which don't come often enough are longer than 4 days so it isn't uncommon for a military family to spend all that precious time doing something fun) or misrepresented as a special discount (which is really no discount at all).

I get that it may be annoying that the AFS doesn't cover a longer time, but personally I appreciate that they offer it at all. 4 days at Disney is better than none :confused3 When DH and I went to WDW after he returned from his first deployment in 2007, there wasn't an AFS promotion at all. At some point (likely soon) with the drawdowns overseas, AFS will go away again. While it's here, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. :confused3

Also - just because you found a different discount elsewhere that is more, doesn't mean that the MWR prices still aren't a discount. They are. As I showed earlier, there's a 20% discount from gate price when buying a 5-day PH from MWR. I'm sorry, but that's not not "no discount at all."

After doing my own research I was pointing out the corporate deals being an airline retiree will be 10% rBETTER than using the military discount. I think our military deserve the best discount. Thats my opinion. Does Disney have the right to give no one any discount. Sure.

There are far less airline retirees in this country than there are AD/Retired Military. I would venture to guess that the sheer numbers there play a part in the difference in discount offered.

Maybe someone out there might find that useful and go beyond the MWR counters and find better deals now.

This I don't disagree with - this is good advice. But this wasn't the impression gotten from your first post.

Appleorchard - the concierge at the WL said in an email: "I apologize that we do not have more information on the Military tickets. *I would recommend you contact Military Ticket Sales at (407)939-7830". So I called that number and posed the question. Theysaid they handle the Armed Forces Salute 4 day tickets and that is what they told me - no more than 6 in a week. They said they could not tell me about the other types of military discount tickets - only SOG and/or local MWR offices could tell me about the other types.

I also got am email response from
Melissa Acevedo
WDW Online Communications:
"We appreciate your interest, please know that no more the twelve (12)
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased, activated
and/or used by any Eligible Service Member or spouse during the life of
this promotion, and no Eligible Service Member or spouse may purchase,
activate and/or use more than six (6) Disney 4-Day Military Promotional
Tickets during any single week of the promotion. *One (1) of the Disney
4-Day Military Promotional Tickets purchased on each occasion must be
used by the Eligible Service Member or spouse."

Everyone else-
This forum is supposed to be used to ask question, post comments and research any sort of Disney topic. I chose to comment on my frustration on the fact that Disney advertises a discount which is either unavailable for long stays (and often times the military leaves which don't come often enough are longer than 4 days so it isn't uncommon for a military family to spend all that precious time doing something fun) or misrepresented as a special discount (which is really no discount at all). I have noticed many young enlisted who just go with the flow on so called military deals and don't do in depth research. After doing my own research I was pointing out the corporate deals being an airline retiree will be 10% rBETTER than using the military discount. I think our military deserve the best discount. Thats my opinion. Does Disney have the right to give no one any discount. Sure.

Maybe someone out there might find that useful and go beyond the MWR counters and find better deals now.

If anyone out there has more info on better deals than these military discounts, I would be glad to hear your input. I don't find Princess' comments either relevant or useful but she has every right to post her comments here too however void of significance I or you may find them.

It is quite suspicious for someones first post to be a rant such as the one you posted. I can certainly understand being frustrated over such an issue, though that's not the best way to get off on the right foot.

There is probably some kind of corporate sponsor/partnership for the larger companies that are able to offer larger discounts, such as an airline or as Angel said, a lot less retirees from the airlines than the military.

We have been very fortunate to be able to use this promotion, it allowed us to take a longer trip in January, where we used 4 tickets between my husband and myself in a week. There was a time when we weren't able to take advantage, as Dh was only honorably discharged, but wasn't retired, I looked upon that as an insult.

It's the only discount we have available to us and we are very grateful. I know that at least I don't have to pay rack rate and can go more often.

Sometimes emails (mine and yours) come off in ways other than intended. I was put off by being called a five year old. But your last post was much nicer. I apologize for making waves with my comments as well.

I should have thicker skin. Not only after 20 years as a navy wife (yee-haw we gotta go get those retired IDs next week) but after being a long time poster in other forums...ones where everyone thinks "management spies" are best identified because they are first time posters. But this forum is Disney related...first time posters don't have suspicious motives...at least I don't think so. Are there Disney corporate spies on here that lose your ADRs if you complain or something???:rotfl:

So now that i have gotten good info/discussion on tickets and restrictions here....can I ask an off topic question. I looked in that list of abbreviations and didn't find this one....what is a PIN? People in other subforums are talking about discount PINs...not the kind you collect. What are they?

Sometimes emails (mine and yours) come off in ways other than intended. I was put off by being called a five year old. But your last post was much nicer. I apologize for making waves with my comments as well.

I should have thicker skin. Not only after 20 years as a navy wife (yee-haw we gotta go get those retired IDs next week) but after being a long time poster in other forums...ones where everyone thinks "management spies" are best identified because they are first time posters. But this forum is Disney related...first time posters don't have suspicious motives...at least I don't think so. Are there Disney corporate spies on here that lose your ADRs if you complain or something???:rotfl:

So now that i have gotten good info/discussion on tickets and restrictions here....can I ask an off topic question. I looked in that list of abbreviations and didn't find this one....what is a PIN? People in other subforums are talking about discount PINs...not the kind you collect. What are they?

I'm sorry I called you a 5 year old, it just seemed that way. It is hard to tell when you aren't face to face with someone.

A PIN is a code that Disney sends out to people with a discount that is specifically attached to their name. No one has figured out how you get one, so if you do get one, you are very special, among the elite. They are very coveted.

I get 'em all the time.. and can NEVER use 'em. always for dates that DH can't get leave, or whatever.

and the weird part.. we have yet to actually stay at a Resort.. always been SoG. started getting them every 4-6 months after we took a cruise on Magic a couple of years ago.

Ahh...so that is what they are. Do they come by mail or email...or perhaps found on the back on advertisements they send you like some catalogs I get?

Ahh...so that is what they are. Do they come by mail or email...or perhaps found on the back on advertisements they send you like some catalogs I get?

I think some come by mail and others by e-mail. No, these won't be found on advertisments.

We have never gotten one, in all the time we have been going.

Ok, how many different IDs are you going to start in order to post about the SAME topic over and over and over and over. Isn't this at least the third?

Mods - do a quick IP check and I am sure you can match up this hookem person with the other 2 IDs that started new threads about military deserving discounts that got shut down.

All of you regular posters - ignore the troll. They have done this 3 times now but the other 2 times they have started new threads to try to invoke some sort of outrage. The posting style is the same as is the agenda. :rolleyes:

As always, thanks CF for providing the most accurate information out there.

Ok, how many different IDs are you going to start in order to post about the SAME topic over and over and over and over. Isn't this at least the third?

Mods - do a quick IP check and I am sure you can match up this hookem person with the other 2 IDs that started new threads about military deserving discounts that got shut down.

All of you regular posters - ignore the troll. They have done this 3 times now but the other 2 times they have started new threads to try to invoke some sort of outrage. The posting style is the same as is the agenda. :rolleyes:

As always, thanks CF for providing the most accurate information out there.

Is this the same one that posted on the Community Board the other day? I guess I may have been fooled this time.

Yeah mods-whoever u r-please cross reference my email I registered with and tell any forums nazis out there that yes these are my first posts. Yes-i have the audacity to register and make an actual post. Maybe then some of these people who feel like I am invading THEIR space will be a little more welcoming.

Geez...I still don't see the reason for the paranoia. Especially about Disney stuff. I am done with my military ticket questions. I think I am going to head over to the subforums on parks and rides now and see if anyone over there is nice enough to answer some space mountain questions....hope it doesn't spark outrage and paranoia there too.

Question, do we have to stay at a WDW Resort to be able to get the military discount tickets? I didn't think we did but I could be wrong.

nope. On site, off site, SoG, it's all good. you can buy the tickets at SoG and save the tax but there is no requirement to stay there. besides you ca get the tickets( or vouchers) locally at your MWR or ITT office.

No - staying at a WDW resort is not a requirement to get the Armed Forces Salute tickets. All that's required is an AD or Retired MM (or spouse's) ID to purchase the tickets and activate them at the gate.

nope. On site, off site, SoG, it's all good. you can buy the tickets at SoG and save the tax but there is no requirement to stay there. besides you ca get the tickets( or vouchers) locally at your MWR or ITT office.

Thanks! I was thinking that was the case but wanted to make sure & tie up all loose ends before we go.

My brother who is in the military wants to buy these tickets as a gift for us, but he does not want to go to the parks. Is this allowed? Can he activate the tickets without having to go in?

He will be with us but just not intestesed in going to the parks...yes I dont understand him either! LOL.

In short - yes, activation occurs at Guest Relations windows or ticket windows prior to trying to enter the turnstiles. So as long as your brother is present, you shouldn't have a problem activating the tickets even if he doesn't go in.

I thought that the AFS tickets required that at least one of the tickets purchased was to be used by the eligible servicemember, but CheshireFigment's military ticket post in the ticket sticky doesn't say that anywhere. I found this wording on mousesaver's post about the military tickets though:

One of the Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets purchased on each occasion must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or spouse.

So perhaps CF can clarify?

In short - yes, activation occurs at Guest Relations windows or ticket windows prior to trying to enter the turnstiles. So as long as your brother is present, you shouldn't have a problem activating the tickets even if he doesn't go in.

So perhaps CF can clarify?

I have tried to do some digging in regards to the activation for the military park hopper but no luck.

My question is my father who is a military retiree is planning a trip to disney a month before my visit. I know that me being a dependent that I am not allowed to activate the vouchers. So my question can my father activate the vouchers for my girlfriend and I before he leaves. Once the voucher is activated the tickets are valid and no form of Id is required correct? To further clarify the military member has to be one of the tickets purchased my father and I have the same name, which is a easy work around. Thanks in advance

Jeff

If you use all 6 tickets, one must be used by the military member. If you buy just 2 tickets, you don't have to put one in the military member's name. We have always found the CMs at DTD the easiest to work with when it comes to activating the tickets when everyone isn't present at the time of activation.

If you use all 6 tickets, one must be used by the military member. If you buy just 2 tickets, you don't have to put one in the military member's name. We have always found the CMs at DTD the easiest to work with when it comes to activating the tickets when everyone isn't present at the time of activation.

Excellent that's what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to verify so there wouldn't be a issue at the gate.

Jeff

Excellent that's what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to verify so there wouldn't be a issue at the gate.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter