Military Discount Extended

So disappointed

Our dates are BLACKED OUT

I've spoke with 3 different CM whom have all stated March 20-April 2nd is blacked out for military discounts.

Furthermore 1 CM stated that if the rooms are blacked out that the military 4 day park hopper would be blacked out as well. The other two were not able to confirm that, and I won't know for sure until I call MWR
Oh, goodness, how frustrating. I looked at the Military Salute 2016 room only offer online, here's what it says: Offer not valid March 20 through April 1, 2016.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates/

I didn't see anything about specific blackout dates on the 2016 tickets. Here's hoping you get good news at least on this.

So disappointed

Our dates are BLACKED OUT

I've spoke with 3 different CM whom have all stated March 20-April 2nd is blacked out for military discounts.

Furthermore 1 CM stated that if the rooms are blacked out that the military 4 day park hopper would be blacked out as well. The other two were not able to confirm that, and I won't know for sure until I call MWR

Oh man that sucks, I'm so sorry. I know there have been blackout dates before on the rooms, I guess that's a popular time for Disney or something. Is there any flexibility in your dates? If not look into SOG has an option for a resort stay, we've stayed before it is usually a good deal.

No, there is no flexibility at all.

We're going for our daughters Sweet 16 and she's being allowed to bring friends on the trip.

We can only go over their spring break, waiting til summer would be too many months after her b-day to make it a Sweet 16 trip

I called my MWR today and they said they haven't received the info from Disney to sell the 2016 tickets yet.

The guy sounded like he could really care less, my ADR date is Wed and I don't know if we're going to have park hoppers or have to buy base tix.

He said he would look at the info on the site, but until he got the publication from Disney they weren't selling them and he won't know until then if there are any blackout dates

Question ? My husband and I have AP but using the military discount room. If I buy the Salute tickets for my son and family I can get a total of 4 tickets for my son and DIL and 2 tickets for my GS I know my husband has to be there to activate them but once we activate them do we have to be with them if they want to go to another park? If this makes sense. Trying to save them some money. Thanks :)

Question ? My husband and I have AP but using the military discount room. If I buy the Salute tickets for my son and family I can get a total of 4 tickets for my son and DIL and 2 tickets for my GS I know my husband has to be there to activate them but once we activate them do we have to be with them if they want to go to another park? If this makes sense. Trying to save them some money. Thanks :)
Once the Salute tickets have been activated, the ticket holders can use them just as they would any other ticket. Your family members don't need to be accompanied.

Once the Salute tickets have been activated, the ticket holders can use them just as they would any other ticket. Your family members don't need to be accompanied.

Thanks I hope this will work out. It will save money for them since he was in shock lol I 've used them before but had problems with them at some of the parks when husband was not there. Though I have a ID and reserve a rooms under the discount and no problem. I assume all the bases has them now. I will call when I get up. Some of the bases around Washington DC has cut back on their ITT offices it is hard to find one close to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter