Might as well cancel BOG 8:20 am ADR...

dredick

Keep Calm & Wish Upon A Star
I just can not see the point a BOG 8:20 breakfast now that MK opens at 8am. So much for getting breakfast in before the park opens. There are no openings for lunch or dinner, so if I cancel I miss out on BOG this trip....what to do??

I agree. If you really want to eat there, just keep it. You even have time to get in a short Fantasyland attraction before checking in. I would head straight to Peter Pan then on to your breakfast. The lines should still be short-ish by the time you're done eating.

Just keep it. If eating there is important, why does it matter if you won't get in early?

What some people like to do is book ADRs before the park opens. It's neat to be able to walk down Main Street when it isn't crowded. Then you can eat breakfast and you're already in the park when rope drop happens, which is super cool because you are ahead of the crowds going to Fantasyland.

Like previous poster said, if eating at BOG is a high priority, you can keep it, and still get in a ride or two before your ADR. Or you can ditch the breakfast ADR, and keep checking periodically in case there are cancellations for lunch or dinner.

We ate there for lunch last year and it was just ok. I was hoping breakfast would be better, but honestly was just going bc we love the castle. My boys are 15 & 17, so we will skip 80% of fantasy land. I do have a FP @ 7dwarfs @9am. Is the breakfast really worth it?

What some people like to do is book ADRs before the park opens. It's neat to be able to walk down Main Street when it isn't crowded. Then you can eat breakfast and you're already in the park when rope drop happens, which is super cool because you are ahead of the crowds going to Fantasyland.

Like previous poster said, if eating at BOG is a high priority, you can keep it, and still get in a ride or two before your ADR. Or you can ditch the breakfast ADR, and keep checking periodically in case there are cancellations for lunch or dinner.
honestly, this sounds like the best idea!

We ate there for lunch last year and it was just ok. I was hoping breakfast would be better, but honestly was just going bc we love the castle. My boys are 15 & 17, so we will skip 80% of fantasy land. I do have a FP @ 7dwarfs @9am. Is the breakfast really worth it?

Now that you mention the FP, I think you might be pushing it, though honestly I would pick BOG over Mine Train any day.

Well, I'm going to cross my fingers and keep checking for a later ADR. I have 1 week to cancel, co i will hold off till the last minute,

The breakfast is:
1. Good quality for a quickserve
2. Highly overpriced for a quickserve
3. Not a life altering event.

But then again...nothing in the magic kingdom is that mind blowing.

As a longtime fan and study of Disney restaurants...I can honestly say that magic kingdom food is down to this:

The occasional crystal palace breakfast, the occasional treat at sleepy hollow, and the corn at the stand behind hall of presidents.

Honestly...that's it. I used to be much more of a fan of some of the offerings there...but as many people have pointed out 1,000 times...you don't have to have great food when you're that crowded...you just don't.

Oh...and the topping bar at pecos and some of the decent stuff still remaining on the liberty tree lunch.

Be our guest and the mine train could be the two most overrated things in wdw history...now that Le cellier is "2 points" and adventures club is closed.

Just being honest.

I'd dump it if you're not really into it...you're
Looking at an $85.00 quickserve breakfast (if paying cash) and you can go to crystal palace for not that much more with 50 times the food and variety...

I also had a 8am BOG ADR. I cancelled when the park hours changed. My idea was to eat and get a jump on the rope droppers to the 7DMT. But, when the park hours changed, it didn't matter. We have a FP for it, so no big deal.

if you really want to eat at BOG then i would just give up RD and keep the breakfast ADR.
but don't give up on lunch/dinner. check daily. people cancel/change ADR's and disney opens availability all the time.

I just told my DS17 that I was going to cancel BOG and he said only if we can get a dinner. We are on the dinning plan, so the overpriced QS BOG won't kill me. I guess my real fuss is that the ADR is no longer getting me in early, Since we have been blessed with 20 trips, I guess I will give up a calm morning. However, I will be checking ADR's for the next 5 days like a mad woman!!!

The breakfast is:

As a longtime fan and study of Disney restaurants...I can honestly say that magic kingdom food is down to this:

The occasional crystal palace breakfast, the occasional treat at sleepy hollow, and the corn at the stand behind hall of presidents.

Honestly...that's it. I used to be much more of a fan of some of the offerings there...but as many people have pointed out 1,000 times...you don't have to have great food when you're that crowded...you just don't.

Oh...and the topping bar at pecos and some of the decent stuff still remaining on the liberty tree lunch.

Be our guest and the mine train could be the two most overrated things in wdw history...now that Le cellier is "2 points" and adventures club is closed.

Just being honest.

Looking at an $85.00 quickserve breakfast (if paying cash) and you can go to crystal palace for not that much more with 50 times the food and variety...
I can find fault in nothing you have stated! I am glad I get Epcot for the food and MK for the magic!

I like BOG for lunch and really want a pre park breakfast there so I can dump the 8:35 CP I have. I agree that as long as you are using a CS credit and you want breakfast anyway, keeping the ADR makes sense. It sure is a let down when you get that coveted 8AM timefram and then park hours change and rain on your empty Main Street Parade!

The breakfast is:

Just being honest.

I'm glad to hear this about BOG. I was stressing about getting us in, but I am starting not to care anymore. I was beginning to think it's really blown out of proportion.

We did it prior to park open.and.had an amazing day thanks to it...all headliners.done and out of the park by 11. The food was great, and the experience - of being first in 7dmt first &/was more than worth the cost of breakfast. If that jump on the crowds wa not part of the package, I would not do it. The restaurant itself is nothing special.

I'd skip it so you don't give up that precious morning hour of great touring! Ate lunch there last year and not thrilled at all. That said, I'll try to get a breakfast ADR for August if I can manage one before park opening.

Keep watching for cancellations. I was able to cancel my 8:20 BoG in favor of a 9:45, so now we'll get to have breakfast there after doing a couple of high-priority attractions at the 8am rope drop. I'd been checking the app periodically ever since the park hours changed but didn't find any later times until the last few days (booked 9:15 on Friday morning, then replaced that with 9:45 late last night). I also saw an early lunch time (10:30) pop up but the breakfast menu is more attractive to us so I passed on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter