Midwest Air -- Assigned seating?

BrerMama

DIS Veteran
Do you assign your seats when you buy tickets with Midwest? Or is it Open Seating/check-in at the airport? We're debating Southwest, Midwest or Air Tran. SW or Midwest, we'd have to drive about 3 1/2 hours to the airport, but we'd have a nonstop flight (with 3 kids, this would be a huge blessing for us). I'm willing to pay a bit more for Midwest flights if I don't have to stress about open seating. Air Tran flies out of our hometown, but the only non-stop day/time doesn't work for us. And no assigned seating until check-in for the fare we'd use. So Midwest is winning if I can get my seat assignments when purchasing. TIA!

With Air Tran if you check in at the 24 hour mark before your flight the plane is pretty open for getting your seats.

BrerMama, we are big fans of Midwest Airlines and have flown them often. All their seats are assigned when you purchase them. You can even go on-line if you need to change them or want to see how full the plane is (after you have made your reservation).

Typically their flights to Orlando are 2 across / aisle / 3 across which sounds like it would work well with you. I would encourage you to call their #800 if you need more help with seating questions as they have always been most helpful.

Good luck.

Another BIG fan of Midwest. I live about 10 minutes from O'Hare, but drive about an hour north to use Midwest. Using them Tuesday for a business trip to Las Vegas, definitely not my favorite destination, but Midwest makes it a bit easier to accept. Always assigned seating, though I get there well before flight time to get an exit row....tall guy here, and they won't pre-assign exit rows except to the most frequent flyer group. I fly them 3 or 4 trips a year, always great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter