Mid winter break

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by marydmjj, Nov 10, 2006.

1. marydmjj

marydmjj DIS Veteran

Do schools in CA have a mid winter break in Feb? We are planning on a road trip to Disneyland :cheer2: and I want to avoid that week if needed.

Thanks!!!

2. Tink33

Tink33 Disneyland Parade High Kicker

We only get 2 days off in February for Washington and Lincoln's Birthdays. You will have year round schools in the area with time off in February.

3. Leofoenget

Leofoenget DIS Veteran

Yes Presidents day week.We went last year it was very busy but doable. Go mid week it will be better tues-thurs. Avoid the actual day of presidents day.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. ScrapperKimmyD

ScrapperKimmyD I'm all a-twitter!

you get a whole week for President's day?

WOW! I've never heard of that before. We only get 1 day.

I can't imagine it being a busy time of year anyway in Feb. Most students are in school, I think.

6. got2travel

got2travel <font color=green>Disney lover<br><font color=deep

Yes, my son is so excited because he switched to pulic school this year and now gets a whole week in Feb. 2/19-23

7. justkeepswimmin

justkeepswimmin DIS Veteran

Ah! THIS explains it! I just created a post re: our february trip and was wondering why some hotel dates were already booked for that week. I thought for sure this was going to be a slow week but looks like I may have to replan. I don't mind crowds but I am still recovering from our Veteran's Day Weekend 2005 Trip that had a "perfect storm" of the 50th celebration/ start of Holiday/ BIG cheerleading convention. We had a lot of fun but I really wanted to hit the parks at a quieter time this trip.

Thanks for the info!

8. Leofoenget

Leofoenget DIS Veteran

here is a chart listing the attendance levels for different times of year. As you can see Presidents day week is kind of crowded but it won't be dead.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm