Mid-week in July or weekend in Sept?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by vettechick99, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Which option is best?

1. Mid-week July

2. Weekend in Sept

3. Other. Please say why

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vettechick99

vettechick99 <font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br

A friend of mine won some Disney park tix in a contest that expire Sept 18. She can go during the week in mid-July for 2 nights or any weekend in Sept before they expire.

I personally prefer low season times. So I would think a weekend in Sept would be better as far as crowds, prices, and even weather (only marginally for that last one :rotfl:) than mid-week in July.

What do you think?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

Definitely September! I would not want to deal with crowds and heat in July!! Even with free tickets!

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Def. Sept for the low crowds!! If she can go mid week even better! July would be way too crowded for me. We always go end go August. If I didn't have to be back at school ( work) after Labour Day I'd go Sept :)

5. kirby428

kirby428 Mousejunkie Wannabe

Sounds as if she can not go other than week days in July. Are we making up your mind or her's? I visit only during value season, but for 2 days I could brave it in July. Parks are open later at night so that's one way to avoid the sun. Stay in a Disney resort and plan to visit the park with late EMH. Folks who tour this way will have to confirm this, but I would expect lines to be thin during late night hours too. I've been to parks during Labor Day weekends. Don't throw that one in with the other Sept weekends. Week days the week before the LD weekend is the sweet spot. If you need a compromise that would be it. There are ways to stay cool in the heat. Tour smart to tour hot.

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I agree with the others.....I'd go in September. The crowds will be lower and it will still be hot, but not as hot as in July.

7. vettechick99

vettechick99 <font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br

It's a friend, her MIL, and 2 kids. They are 4 and 6. Too young to handle long park hours. But I'll mention it to her and see what she thinks!

I think sept is the way to go, but we'll see!