Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - anyone been to one?

thanks Miffy....a great report...thanks for posting that..
and by the way, i totally agree with you about Wishes....that IS Disney for us...

do you know if they do for the MVMCP what they do for for halloween party...that is, herd everyone into tomorrowland between 6 and 7 PM?
that's what i heard they do for the halloween party...

how cold was it?....one year we were there in december (my kids were toddlers back then) when it was so cold they had to wear their snow suits, mittens, boots and balaclavas....i have the pictures to prove it...

hopefully, it'll be nice for the 3 days this grandfather and granddaugther are there...

Beth - yes they did the "herd into Tomorrowland bit" LOL.

It was very very very cold that night - in fact for a week of our visit the day time temps were in the 50s!! We saw very little typical Florida weather, LOL

Miffy2003 said:
Beth - yes they did the "herd into Tomorrowland bit" LOL.

It was very very very cold that night - in fact for a week of our visit the day time temps were in the 50s!! We saw very little typical Florida weather, LOL

the time we were there when it was cold, it actually dipped below freezing (the citrus crop in much of florida was destroyed that week....it was about in 1988 or '89).....but given that at the time we were still living in Michigan, it wasn't bad for us....and the parks were totally empty, so that was the great flip side...

a few more questions:

when do they give you your wrist band? when you enter the park? or at specified wrist band locations? (like on EMH nights)..

how do they manage to get everyone into tomorrowland? and how do they throw out the people without wristbands?

Hi Beth,

It was given to you as you were admitted, if that makes sense (on the gate).

I'm not sure how they "got rid" ;) of non ticket holders, only that they checked all wrists and would not let anyone without a band onto rides etc.

I'm also not sure how they got people into Tomorrowland actually - I know it happened from overhearing conversations but we were in LTT at the time.

Sorry not much help :(

thanks..

i'm going to advise them to enter as soon as they're permitted to on the MVMCP ticket (either 4:00 or 5:00, from what i've heard)....(since this will be their only visit to the MK, so they kind of have a lot to do in a short span of time)...

the question is what to suggest to them to do before the party...
i imagine that at that time on a Sunday there will be long lines for lots of things..
so i thought of sending them into adventureland (in an attempt to limit the amount of walking and backtracking) to Pirates and the Tiki Birds, then maybe to the country bears (which i think have xmas songs at that time, not their regular repertoire), then on to the haunted mansion if there's time...

once the party begins i think they should start with the performance in the galaxy theatre in tomorrowland (assuming there is one) ...then maybe the parade and then wishes....so between those 3 things, i'd like them to get some attractions out of the way before the party starts...

what do you think about starting them in adventureland when they first get into the park (before the party starts)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter