Mickey's PhilharMagic

TheGoofster

Old Foggie
There are some things at Disney that need to be experienced first hand to be truly understood and appreciated. Attractions such as Soarin' and Crushes Turtle Talk or shows like the Festival of the Lion King or Fantasmic cannot really be described adequately with mere words. Unless you see them for yourself, you will never have an accurate sense of feeling or emotion that these attractions produce. Sure you can learn about what the rides are like, and some of the things that can be seen, but the true greatness of what makes these things so special must be seen to fully understood.

Another such attraction I believe is Mickey's Philharmagic. Before our first family trip a few years ago, I had heard all about this ride. I had heard that it was a great 3D attraction that used extra things like smells and water to make it more of a 4D show. I had heard that it was probably the best 3D show in all of Disney. I had heard that it had a great story that appealed to guests of all ages. I had heard a lot about it. What I didn't realize is that what I heard couldn't even come close to preparing me for what I was about to see. To put it lightly, this show just blew us away. Every single aspect about this show is top notch. I wish there were sufficient words to give a true sense of what this show is really like, but there aren't. This really is something that you need to see and experience for yourself first hand if you want to understand just how great it is.
Probably the best measuring stick for judging the greatness of a ride or show is the amount of joy it produces on the faces of the guests. If you can actually tear yourself away from PhilharMagic (not an easy thing to do) long enough to look around for a minute, you will see humongous smiles on every face in the crowd. This show truly transports you into a world of pure joy that few other things in all of Disney can imitate.
To say that this ride is on our "must do" list is rather a bit of an understatement. There are few things in any of the parks that demand our attention as much as this show does. We cannot visit the MK without at least going on PhilharMagic 2 or 3 times.
If you've never taken the time to experience Mickey's PhilharMagic, let me encourage you to do so, you won't be disappointed. It takes the best of what is Disney, and places it before you in beautiful 3D (or should I say 4D).

Who else thinks that this is one of the best attractions in all of WDW? Share any experiences that you have had, perhaps your first time seeing it, or the joy it brought to your family.

I completely agree with you. It is absolutely our favorite attraction. It's so well done and truly moving.

I love Philharmagic also. It totally transports me into the scenes. Our favorite movie attraction at WDW.

Surprisingly though there usually isn't much of a wait for it.

My boys were 2 and 5 when we went in January and both of them reached out to "catch" things as they "flew" past. That joy and wonder on their faces at the time, that is what Disney Magic means to me.

It is definitely right up there for DW and I as well. Although I wasn't surprised by the quality of the show since I had already seen It's Tough to be a Bug at AK many years earlier.
The first time that we saw THAT show really blew me away.

Even for my (then) 32 year old fiance, the look of amazement on his face was priceless. I didn't tell him what to expect at all, and he was floored.

Definitely one of the hidden gems of the magic kingdom.

I love this show and loved it prior having kids but….

It’s so cute to see DD3 reach out for the objects and try to grab Donald Duck’s hand. She cracked up at what happens at the end to Donald.
:love:

Absolutely one of my favorites too.. I had heard nothing about it before our first trip to WDW 4 years ago and we almost passed it up.. I am soooo glad that we did not..I tell everyone that is going to WDW that this show is a must... :thumbsup2

my first 3D movie experience was Captain EO and I still remember my reaction. so it was nice to share my kids first 3D experience at Philharmagic!

The best part was at the end when my then 7 year old turned around and saw Donald in the wall. he tore off my glasses and said "Mom, he's really there!! Donald flew out of the movie!!!"

Priceless moment :love:

It's one of those attractions that Disney lived up to its abilities and also to the lofty expectations of the many passionate fans of the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland. I do not have an issue with the attraction, but we love the attractions that are based on animatronics. Small World, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain etc. Animatronics done well in combination with great music, does more to perpetuate true fantasies than any other medium, and I hate that Disney is moving away from same for budgetary reasons.

We love Philharmagic - we see it multiple times per trip. It's an attraction I always look forward to when visiting WDW and if for some reason a refurb was scheduled for Philharmagic when we were planning a future trip then we would go at a different time so we would not miss it.

It is one of our top 5 faves. Last year my boss took her family for the firsttime and I was heartbroken that they skipped this because it wasn't on Staci's must do disney list.

However, as perfect as it is I would love to see some music from Princess and the Frog added in.:thumbsup2

"I want more" and stretches her arms out into the crowd. I cry every single time we see it. It is just absolutely stunning. There really are no words to explain it to someone. It's totally indescribable.

Absolutely agree. We love PhilharMagic! Always a must-do. I think it's the best 3D show WDW has right now in comparison to ITTBAB, CEO, HISTA and MV3D. Excluding Star Tours in the comparison because haven't seen it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter