Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at DHS???

colinsdad

DIS Veteran
I came to the rumor board not to start one, but to see if anyone was talking about a possible MNSSHP at DHS.

I am currently planning my week in October 2013 - from October 14 - October 21st.

On Saturday, October 19th, according to the hours posted on Disney.com, DHS is scheduled to close at 6PM??? On a Saturday?? :confused3

I was hoping that someday they'd have a MNSSHP over at DHS. It seems to make so much sense with the Tower of Terror there, and they do have the Villain's Bash there after the Twilight Zone 10 Miler each year.

Does anyone know about anything going on over at DHS on October 19th that would make them close so early on a Saturday Night? Or is my dream about to come true. :goodvibes

1. They never have MNSSHP on a Saturday.

2. More than likely there is a large convention in town that has done a buyout for an event starting about 8:00pm, which will give time to clear the Park.

Pp is correct there is a big convention around that time, I remember fading about it.

1. They never have MNSSHP on a Saturday.

2. More than likely there is a large convention in town that has done a buyout for an event starting about 8:00pm, which will give time to clear the Park.

Pp is correct there is a big convention around that time, I remember fading about it.

I knew to ask my DIS friends about this. I knew it was a longshot, but I've been to Disney a bunch of times in October and never heard of a park closing so early. I'll assume the MNSSHP will be on a night where MK closes at 7pm (and I never put together that they never did the MNSSHP on a Saturday).

Thanks. :)

It used to be called Lotusphere...

october and january both hosted huge business conventions for decades now...and many times the parks would be closed early for special events. happens every year.

That is your culprit.

They are also closing at 6 on the 26th :( The whole week we are there (20-28th), they are closing at 7:30 most nights, and 9:30 only twice. Seems so early to me.

AnnaNonamus said:
They are also closing at 6 on the 26th :( The whole week we are there (20-28th), they are closing at 7:30 most nights, and 9:30 only twice. Seems so early to me.

That's fairly normal for that time of year...

As stated...a lot of the on property rooms are filled by conventioneers...and they don't really create any reason for long park hours.

Typically most of the people are in EPCOT that time if year...as well as magic kingdom...and the other two parks are light...so short hours make sense

Mid-October is the time of year that Pop-Warner Football comes into town. They always have a party at DHS on the final night (always a Saturday). I'd also avoid the All-Star during that time as well as that is where the majority of them stay. That group is known to have issues.

Mid-October is the time of year that Pop-Warner Football comes into town. They always have a party at DHS on the final night (always a Saturday). I'd also avoid the All-Star during that time as well as that is where the majority of them stay. That group is known to have issues.

Pop Warner is always in December.:confused3

I'm potentially going down at the end of October for AACAP, but they haven't announced any special park access yet. Would definitely be cool, though.

Going the end of October too. 26th thru 11/2. Have to say after looking at projected closing times I am seriously considering summer. I know its hot but seems like more bang for buck park wise. Each year its seems to be less of something and now only 2hour EMH. Sign of the times everywhere.

Don't give up on October yet. When Disney releases their calendars, they always have shortened hours. As it gets closer to October (for example), they will adjust their schedules to account for crowd levels. The 6pm closures at DHS are not likely to change, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of those 7:30 nights get extended with additional showings of F! being a real possibility. The October schedule will likely be updated sometime in September. :goodvibes

Don't give up on October yet. When Disney releases their calendars, they always have shortened hours. As it gets closer to October (for example), they will adjust their schedules to account for crowd levels. The 6pm closures at DHS are not likely to change, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of those 7:30 nights get extended with additional showings of F! being a real possibility. The October schedule will likely be updated sometime in September. :goodvibes

I've heard this and remain hopeful.
There were some seriously late nights in December 2012 and September 2011, so I remain hopeful that there can be in October 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter