Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise, Oct 30th,2010 Magical Western NewTR link 4/10

Shhhhh...it's a secret.....yesterday I bought Tyler a plane ticket!!! :banana::banana::banana: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!! Pods finally relented, after I made him call the coach (after a girlfriend spoke to him and the coach said "Tell Ken to give me a call- Tyler should go to Florida!" YAY COACH!!! YAY for girlfriends!!! :dance3::dance3:

I am not going to tell them- just going to pretend I am dropping Tyler off at therapy on Monday on our way to the airport....and then surprise!!! You're going to WDW instead!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Shhhhh...it's a secret.....yesterday I bought Tyler a plane ticket!!! :banana::banana::banana: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!! Pods finally relented, after I made him call the coach (after a girlfriend spoke to him and the coach said "Tell Ken to give me a call- Tyler should go to Florida!" YAY COACH!!! YAY for girlfriends!!! :dance3::dance3:

I am not going to tell them- just going to pretend I am dropping Tyler off at therapy on Monday on our way to the airport....and then surprise!!! You're going to WDW instead!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Hehe!! I love it! Hope you have a camera ready to get a pic of Tyler's face when you tell him. We surprised Al with a WDW trip for her 7th birthday and didn't tell her until we were on our way to the airport. The expression was priceless!

That is so great Ellen! They are both going to be so thrilled! I feel like everyone I know is going to Disney World this week and I just want to stamp my foot and cry! I'm being such a brat about it!

So cool! Lucky kids!!! ;) I know they will both have a blast!!! So what about Pods is he going to come now too? :rotfl2: He SHOULD!!!

Thanks for all the messages everyone!! We leave in two hours!!! :banana::banana::banana: STILL haven't told Tyler...but I DID tell Timmy (wow, that kid can keep a secret!! :lovestruc). I wanted to make sure he was ok with it being not just us.... which (of course!) he is- but he messed with me a bit first!! :scared1: Anyway....I'll post tonight after our first day! :dance3:

Thanks Chris!! I am so glad to hear you had a nice trip! How was the performance? ANd what advice do you have for me staying at SSR? Where did you stay? How were the crowds? How about the buses? Any advice you have to give- I'm all ears! ::MinnieMo

Sorry so late in replying Ellen. But the girls did an awesome job performing. Both at DTD and MK. I loved seeing them march in the band down Main Street USA.

Advice for staying at SSR. Don't let them put you in the Paddock. No bus stop there from the constructing of the new pool they are doing. We love the Grandstand area. Plus it is the first bus stop to get on and off, and there is a great pool there with a bar during the day. Or if you really like to go to DTD try to stay at Congress Park. The Turf Club is excellent for dinner. They had great prime rib. For us the crowds were kinda big. But we would get to the parks early for EMH then go back to the resort and swim/lounge around the pool in the afternoon, then back to the parks in the evenings. So we tried to avoid the big crowds at the parks.

Busses, well, they are busses. We didn't have to tough of a time getting them. I never did have to stand while riding one this trip. Thank goodness. :laughing:

Hope you get this before getting to SSR. Have a great time with your boys, which I know you will. Can't wait to read about it. :woohoo:

Sorry so late in replying Ellen. But the girls did an awesome job performing. Both at DTD and MK. I loved seeing them march in the band down Main Street USA.

Advice for staying at SSR. Don't let them put you in the Paddock. No bus stop there from the constructing of the new pool they are doing. We love the Grandstand area. Plus it is the first bus stop to get on and off, and there is a great pool there with a bar during the day. Or if you really like to go to DTD try to stay at Congress Park. The Turf Club is excellent for dinner. They had great prime rib. For us the crowds were kinda big. But we would get to the parks early for EMH then go back to the resort and swim/lounge around the pool in the afternoon, then back to the parks in the evenings. So we tried to avoid the big crowds at the parks.

Busses, well, they are busses. We didn't have to tough of a time getting them. I never did have to stand while riding one this trip. Thank goodness. :laughing:

Hope you get this before getting to SSR. Have a great time with your boys, which I know you will. Can't wait to read about it. :woohoo:

Thanks, Chris- just wanted you to know I did get this- and I requested Springs, CP, or GS when I booked- NO PADDOCK or CAROUSEL!!! :scared1: I am expecting big crowds- and planning to do what you suggested (we are not used to them either! Always travel on the off times). TTYS, and thanks for the tips!!!:thumbsup2

:cool1: Looking forward to tonight's report. You have started something you know. After drooling about your trips I decided Sarah and I would go to Disney for our annual mother-daughter trip. Rob and Sarah generally go camping for their one-on-one trip, but since I am NOT a camper I tend to take Sarah to places with real beds and indoor toilets. :rotfl:

:banana: Five nights and seven days (leaving early and returning late) at OKW, just the two of us. I am going to let her be in charge of the whats and wheres. Yesterday I made her sit down at the computer, review menus and pick out the restaurants where she wants to eat. Also, I signed her up for one of the YES individual enrollment classes and I reserved one night's viewing and eating at the Wishes Dessert Party. Rob avoids sweets so this is the perfect thing to do when it is just Sarah and I.

Kate

That is so cool that he gets to go with you! I would have loved to pull off a surprise like that. Have a most Mickey time!party:

Hi!! We're here...we're in the Springs...:thumbsup2 VERY convenient....went to DHS for EMH tonight, had ice cream at Ghirardelli's and ran into some friends from home who are also staying at SSR- soooo exhausted, due to lack of any sleep whatsoever pre-Disney (of course), kids are watching Final Four- all is good!! :goodvibes Here's a couple of pics for you-

The surprised boy-

IMG_0922.jpg

The birthday boy-

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

The best ride ever and our favorite CM ever-

IMG_0977.jpg

TSM-

IMG_0992.jpg

That's my score, baby!!

IMG_1002.jpg

Yummy!

IMG_1009.jpg

Hi Ellen,

I am happy to hear you arrived safe and sound! And wow, you got a lot down on your first day! :thumbsup2
I love that Tyler got to go too! Hope you are having lots of fun and a lot of magical memories to take home!

ummmmm, btw, can't wait to hear more! ;) :lmao:

Yay, Ellen!

Hey - just saw over on the cruise thread some new itineraries for 2012 for the Magic. And NYC is on the list! You'll have to go check it out. :)

so was Tyler stunned? That was awesome that the coach made it happen. More points in the best mom of the year bucket for you :)

because the 2 main families that started the whole trip are going on Allure of the Seas.
thats a big boat, we were docked next to it and the Oasis.. omg you need like 2 weeks just to walk from one end to the other LOL

So then I thought I would just take the boys to Washington DC for a couple of days-
we want to do this with ours but I think small fry is still too young to appriciate it.

OMG, I soooooooooo love my DVC!!! :banana:
hmm things like this keep making me thing about buying into it all.. hmm

I made an ADR at Kona Cafe
oh YUM my fav breakfast there!

Well...I have to say, I have some very, very sweet sons. But yesterday I asked Tyler if he would mind if Timmy & I went to WDW for a few days while he was at baseball practice. He said, "No, i wouldn't mind- it's only for a few days, and I'll go another time. Have fun!" :love::love::love:
And then I asked Timmy if he would want to go to WDW with just me...he got the sweetest smile on his face and he sadi "Sure! I would like to go to Disney with you!" :love: When I asked him where he wanted to have his birthday dinner he said, "You pick- I'm good with anything!" Could it BE any better than that?? :rotfl:
awww you have raised them right! way to go El!

Shhhhh...it's a secret.....yesterday I bought Tyler a plane ticket!!! :banana::banana::banana: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!
that is so cool! aww what a great getaway!

love it, surprises are awesome!

Hi!! We're here...we're in the Springs...:thumbsup2
aww so sad we were so close yet so far still from seeing eachother LOL some day
The birthday boy-
happy bday Tim

Yummy!

IMG_1009.jpg

OMG thats to die for! looks so good!

so was Tyler stunned? That was awesome that the coach made it happen. More points in the best mom of the year bucket for you :)

I agree.. they better pick out the best nursing home for you when that time comes LMAO jk.

cant wait to see how the rest of the trip goes!

Wow! I missed a bunch here - I forgot you were going to the World now - I'll be over to see the TR!:banana: How fun you got to surprise Tyler!!! Your boys are so sweet! Even Pods :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter