Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise, Oct 30th,2010 Magical Western NewTR link 4/10

Ellen make sure you give me a Head's Up when you do your next!!!!!

I promise, Rosie!:goodvibes

Best Western Lakeside. :(

Well, we should all put it on the never, never list!

Would love it...if it really costs what they say then we will seriously consider it, but I can't believe they would give us full credit for our used passes that we used on weekends towards a weekday pass... would be way cool though! :thumbsup2

I have never understood that whole thing, but I know alot of wheeling and dealing goes on where passes are concerned!! I am amazed at what some people are able to do trading up their passes. Good luck!

Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss 'em for the world, and I'll actively participate in them whenever I can! ;)

Thanks! So happy to hear it!:goodvibes

Well hopefully I can help create some of those shenanigans May 15!:rolleyes1

ABSOLUTELY!!

Hear, hear! :rotfl2:

Count me in!:thumbsup2 You keep writing 'em, I'll keep reading 'em!

I'm so glad!! Thanks!

Ellen,
I loved your trip report. Thanks thanks thanks for all of your great advice and all of the fun information that I hope to use on future cruises. All the best to you and your family. I would do cartwheels (well, maybe after a few margaritas!) if we were on another cruise together in the future. :):):)

Beth

Beth- it was so nice to meet you on our cruise, and to spend SO much time in Palo with you!! :rotfl: I hope we do see each other again on one- there's always May 6th...:rolleyes1 Kara will be booking our cabin one week from this Saturday!! :yay: I can't wait to add that to my ticker!!

I loved this TR!! I'm sad it is over but can not even wait to hear all about the Dismoms in May!!!

Thank-you so much!! I am thrilled you enjoyed it and I'll be looking for you in our May trippie- if you're bored in the meantime, I have a slew of TRs from other trips...the links are at the bottom of my sig....:goodvibes

PODS SAID YES!!!!!! Timmy & I are going to WDW 2 weeks from tomorrow for 3 nights at SSR!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:party:party:party:party: Happy Birthday Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh! Lucky!!!

Soooo many people at my school are taking advantage of the "not-attached-to-Easter" Spring break this year....mostly teachers! I'm so excited for you and Timmy!

Ugh! Lucky!!!

Soooo many people at my school are taking advantage of the "not-attached-to-Easter" Spring break this year....mostly teachers! I'm so excited for you and Timmy!

I feel VERY lucky!! We usually go to OBX (or at least we have the past 2 years) because flying anywhere around Passover/Easter is INSANE! I love that vacation- but this year, all the families are doing other things, because the 2 main families that started the whole trip are going on Allure of the Seas. So then I thought I would just take the boys to Washington DC for a couple of days- well, hotel rooms are at a premium because of the Cherry Blossom Festival....and it dawned on me that maybe the cheapest place for us to go would be WDW, because we already have the points. OMG, I soooooooooo love my DVC!!! :banana: If Tyler could have gone, we would have flown out of Atlantic City- Spirit Air has flights for $49 each way!! :scared1: All three of us could have gone for $406!!! But...Tyler made the travel team for baseball (the one that is replacing the middle school team) and he HAS to be at the practices...Timmy was already commited to playing games on the weekends for his travel baseball, so it only left the weekdays- we are going Monday morning and coming home on the last plane on Thursday night! I have promised to eat counter service to save $$, although we are going to one TS dinner- because it's Timmy's Bday on the 19th, so I really want them to fuss over him. :cutie: I made an ADR at Kona Cafe...but who knows if i'll change that 100 times before we go!! :rotfl: I figure we can take advantage of DTD staying at SSR, and eat as often as possible at EOS & we'll get to try that breakfast pizza at WPE. :goodvibes

Well...I have to say, I have some very, very sweet sons. I had not mentioned a thing about any of this the past couple of weeks when I was investigating it, and then it became clear Tyler could not go anyway. But yesterday I asked Tyler if he would mind if Timmy & I went to WDW for a few days while he was at baseball practice. He said, "No, i wouldn't mind- it's only for a few days, and I'll go another time. Have fun!" :love::love::love:
And then I asked Timmy if he would want to go to WDW with just me...he got the sweetest smile on his face and he sadi "Sure! I would like to go to Disney with you!" :love: When I asked him where he wanted to have his birthday dinner he said, "You pick- I'm good with anything!" Could it BE any better than that?? :rotfl:

You have such sweet sons. I think it is great they are willing to travel without one another and to support one another's happiness when they cannot travel due to other committments. :goodvibes

You have such sweet sons. I think it is great they are willing to travel without one another and to support one another's happiness when they cannot travel due to other committments. :goodvibes

Thanks so much- I agree, I am very happy with their behavior! :cloud9::love::love: Especially Tyler- he is being so selfless & thoughtful!:lovestruc

Hey that's awesome...we were going to go to DHS this weekend but we held off until April...Would have loved to run into you and Timmy but if it's the weekend of 4/2 and 4/3 we can't make it over there cause Savannah has dance stuff going on! I think pretty much the only time we can go in April is the 10th because of dance competitions and baseball (busy busy lol). Our passes are blocked out Easter Week (Spring Break, we must be the only county in FL still dong it around Easter).

Have a BLAST! Sounds awesome!!! :banana:

that is awesome that Tyler was so good about letting his brother go. I feel for him. I had to stay home one year when my family went because of track practice (this will be sooooo much funnier when you see me run in May---and of course we will have to run someplace :) ) Have a great time and how could you not pass up that airfare.

Oh what wonderful sons that you have! Plus a great DH, don't foget that! :thumbsup2 Counter service meals don't sound too bad, the maim thing is being in Disney!

Why, oh why am I always playing catchup here?

But this time I finally made it to the end - great last day and I just love that you get to go again so soon and then in May again! (Actually being selfish here - 2 more trip reports for me! :woohoo:)

Thanks for the trip reports, Ellen! I really REALLY LOVE them! :love: :hug:

Oh, wonderful news about the new trip!! I hope this will mean a new trip report for us! :goodvibes

Hey that's awesome...we were going to go to DHS this weekend but we held off until April...Would have loved to run into you and Timmy but if it's the weekend of 4/2 and 4/3 we can't make it over there cause Savannah has dance stuff going on! I think pretty much the only time we can go in April is the 10th because of dance competitions and baseball (busy busy lol). Our passes are blocked out Easter Week (Spring Break, we must be the only county in FL still dong it around Easter).

Have a BLAST! Sounds awesome!!! :banana:

Well...we are there Monday to Thursday night, so that wouldn't have worked anyway. Timmy has baseball games on the weekends, Tyler has baseball practice Mon-Thurs. Kids' activities make it difficult to do ANYTHING anymore! ANd next year Tyler will be in High School, so it will be even more challenging then. I know it sounds crazy that Tyler is missing a Disney trip for PRACTICE, but practice actually begins that week and the team is kind of a big deal- it replaces the Middle School teams, which we lost this year due to budget cuts. So he really understands why he isn't coming, he's very happy to be on this team.:thumbsup2

that is awesome that Tyler was so good about letting his brother go. I feel for him. I had to stay home one year when my family went because of track practice (this will be sooooo much funnier when you see me run in May---and of course we will have to run someplace :) ) Have a great time and how could you not pass up that airfare.

Well...we ended up taking the plane out of Newark and not AC because it was just two of us- and the AC plane would have had us in WDW about 1 1/2 days less arriving late the first night and leaving VERY early Thursday morning. When you factor in paying for a suitcase and driving 2 hours each way, it wasn't that much more for the convenience of Continental out of Newark- which is only 20 minutes from here.:)

That's AWESOME Ellen !!!You and Timmy will have a BALL!!

Thanks, Rosie!! I am so excited to spend one on one time with my youngest!!:goodvibes Especially since I know what's coming soon- his teenage years! :rotfl: I'm hoping he'll do some kid stuff he wouldn't do if Tyler was around- although, they will do anything for Sean, so I guess there are still a few more rides on Dumbo in my future!:laughing:

Oh what wonderful sons that you have! Plus a great DH, don't foget that! :thumbsup2 Counter service meals don't sound too bad, the maim thing is being in Disney!

EXACTLY!!! I am VERY happy with Pods, too- I should definitely recognize that fact! Not that much fun to be around here for tax season, and he knows that- he also knows that the window is closing- Timmy will be on that same baseball team either next year or the year after....I'm lucky to have a Pods for a DH!:love:

Why, oh why am I always playing catchup here?

But this time I finally made it to the end - great last day and I just love that you get to go again so soon and then in May again! (Actually being selfish here - 2 more trip reports for me! :woohoo:)

Thanks for the trip reports, Ellen! I really REALLY LOVE them! :love: :hug:

You? Selfish? :lmao: Well, I suppose you wanting me to go on vacation so you get a couple of TRs is the most selfish you would ever be. :hug: I'll TAKE IT!! I'm so, SO glad you love my TRs, Karin! I love all 300 of yours, too!! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new trip Ellen! What fun. Just you and Tim. We just got back from SSR on Tuesday and it was so peaceful and beautiful. Have a great time!

Congrats on the new trip Ellen! What fun. Just you and Tim. We just got back from SSR on Tuesday and it was so peaceful and beautiful. Have a great time!

Thanks Chris!! I am so glad to hear you had a nice trip! How was the performance? ANd what advice do you have for me staying at SSR? Where did you stay? How were the crowds? How about the buses? Any advice you have to give- I'm all ears! ::MinnieMo

Oh, wonderful news about the new trip!! I hope this will mean a new trip report for us! :goodvibes

OOPS!!! I missed you!! Yes- definitely a new TR- Timmy is a HAM so there will be tons of photos, I'm sure!:goodvibes

We are now unexpectedly going to WDW this July! :cool1:

My uncle (or rather my mother's uncle, so my great uncle), has decided to gift my mother with a week worth of his time share in July. So, she has decided we all should go to Florida. GREAT Uncle indeed!

It's not DVC, but we chose a place that looks very nice, but is a bit closer to Sea World.

Since we are now going to be away for a bit in July, I pulled Allison's registration from summer camp for the time we are gone, thereby saving me the hefty camp fee, money that I am now able to use for airfare and park tickets instead!

Planning to do Downtown, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the kids first visit to Universal, which is really for me since I am DYING to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Already made dining reservations for Biergarten, since everyone in my family likes the food and we are hoping Allison will get up and dance like she did the last time we were there.

This sounds like a pre-trip report, doesn't it? I just totally hijacked your thread, didn't I? Forgive me..I'm excited!:laughing:

We are now unexpectedly going to WDW this July! :cool1:

My uncle (or rather my mother's uncle, so my great uncle), has decided to gift my mother with a week worth of his time share in July. So, she has decided we all should go to Florida. GREAT Uncle indeed!

It's not DVC, but we chose a place that looks very nice, but is a bit closer to Sea World.

Since we are now going to be away for a bit in July, I pulled Allison's registration from summer camp for the time we are gone, thereby saving me the hefty camp fee, money that I am now able to use for airfare and park tickets instead!

Planning to do Downtown, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the kids first visit to Universal, which is really for me since I am DYING to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Already made dining reservations for Biergarten, since everyone in my family likes the food and we are hoping Allison will get up and dance like she did the last time we were there.

This sounds like a pre-trip report, doesn't it? I just totally hijacked your thread, didn't I? Forgive me..I'm excited!:laughing:

That's GREAT news!!! I'm excited for you!!! Definitely sounds like the right way to spend the camp money!:rotfl: Universal is alot of fun- we have been there several times, and as the boys have gotten older, they really love the rides there- but it was all prior to HP- we did see it being built last time, though- I hear it's really cool! Make sure you go on the Spiderman ride- it is fantastic! But I am sure that new HP ride is even better. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter