Mickeys Jungle Parade leaving in June

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by TheSweetestThing, Feb 12, 2014.

1. TheSweetestThing

TheSweetestThing Earning My Ears

I just saw this on another forum. Even more entertainment cuts.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ValiantHeart

ValiantHeart Mouseketeer

I'm so upset about this. :(

I did my CP at DAK, in Discovery Island, so I watched this parade every day and I'm sad to see it go.

But my real question is... As much as I love DAK and could spend all day there (and did on many, many occasions) I also know most people leave after the parade. With no parade.. Most people are going to leave earlier. :/ What are you doing, Disney?!

4. monique5

monique5 DVC - BLT & VGF

Where did you see this? You should report sources. The Christmas version, Jingle Jungle parade ended January 5th. I haven't seen any reference to the daily Jammin Jungle parade ending. :confused3

5. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

This was a rumor a while back when they took away the parade at DHS. I hope it isn't true but it might be. It has been a rumor for quite a while so I'm not sure if it is true would need more information on a source and what not. I also think maybe the new expansion might have something to do with this. Maybe a new parade will be in the works, whether it's right away or not. It will be interesting to see what happens here but I would like more information than just oh more entertainment cuts.

6. TheSweetestThing

They told the cast that with construction walls going up in Discovery Island for the new nighttime entertainment, the parade vehicles won't be able to get through. Entertainment additions are being thought up.

7. TheSweetestThing

Wdwmagic is the forum I saw it. The cast was brought into a meeting yesterday to let them know.

8. twebber55

twebber55 DIS Veteran

it was first reported on wdwmagic from a guy who is pretty much money on these things...he was the first guy to say what day FOTLK was going to close

9. monique5

monique5 DVC - BLT & VGF

Thank you! I usually know these things from different sources. Guess I missed this one.

That would now mean no parades @ AK or HS.

10. anthony2k7

anthony2k7 DIS Veteran

or of course Epcott :)

As I said last time this subject came up, Parades are a thing of the past for all Disney parks around the world. Im actually surprised MK is getting a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if the new one had significantly less CM's involved.

11. monique5

monique5 DVC - BLT & VGF

The Jammin' Jungle Parade @ AK will end in June. Sad to see it go...

12. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

I don't know I'd I could imagine MK without one. I think MK will always have one whether the other parks do thats different.

13. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper When you come to a Fork in The Road, take it.

1) I am sure you will hear the "public" announcement soon.
    2) We heard about this a few weeks ago during a "team" meeting.

14. monique5

monique5 DVC - BLT & VGF

See most recent post. TouringPlanBlog... Parade will end in June.

15. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper When you come to a Fork in The Road, take it.

1) Thanks for the link.
    2) We were told to not spread it around.
    3) So, I am glad it is finally out.

16. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I didn't mind the parade itself, but the parade route was really bad...if you were in the Kilimanjaro safari area, it was practically impossible to leave while the parade is going on.

17. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

Yesterday I watched the parade on YouTube because I hadn't seen it in a while. When I was watching it I thought to myself disney could do a much better parade it really wants that advanced or anything. I'm hoping a new parade come to animal kingdom with a new parade route and some advanced parade tech or something. With the great details of AK disney could have done a much better parade so I'm actually not to saddened its leaving.

18. MamaBear58

MamaBear58 DIS Veteran

I could have sworn they highlighted this in the 2014 Trip Planning DVD? What poor planning. I thought my 4 and 7 year olds would enjoy that.

19. PrincessMama605

PrincessMama605 DIS Veteran

I am really sad to hear this. I like the Jammin Jungle parade and LOVE the Xmas Jingle Jungle version. Seems like more and more things we enjoy at AK are going away to make room for Avatarland. :sad2:

20. Andrew015

Andrew015 WL Guru

Never really gave the parade a chance, but I couldn't stand how it completely blocked off the park exit. Got caught by this in May and once again in September when trying to leave the park for ADR's. It was my own fault, as I knew the risk, but found myself trying to sneak in Kilimanjaro one more time on both occassion.

21. monique5

monique5 DVC - BLT & VGF

Has the last parade date been announced. Any thoughts about last parade date? Vacation 1st week of June.